Hypothetical: Prime Mighty Mouse at UFC 1

Mighty Mouse would run through everyone at UFC 1, Royce isn't that much bigger than a non cutting MM and MM has a much, much higher skill level.

Umm Royce isn't much bigger?
Demitrious Johnson walks around at 142 lbs. Royce weighted in at 180 lbs at UFC 1. Thats almost 40 pounds or almost 1/3 of the body weight of Johnson. That's a fucking lot.
I agree that Johnson even has better Jiu Jiutsu let alone is in another dimension with his wrestling/striking skills, however at some point this won't help you anymore if you give away too much size.
I don't think that DJ would've been able to take down Shamrock or Gerard Gordeau without getting elbowed in the back of the head or stomped on the ground.

I'm not really sure how this kind of thread will be received here, but what kind of newly-minted Yellow Belt would I be if I didn't post something silly immediately after earning the privilege?

Say we have a functional time machine. Demetrious Johnson in his prime (whenever you determine that to be) volunteers to get sent back to 1993 where he'll enter UFC 1, replacing Zane Frazier in his tournament bracket. He'll get a three-month camp before the transition and there's obviously nothing stopping him from reading up on who his historical opponents will be. If he wins, he'll go on to enter the subsequent tournaments as well.

DJ will get to wear handwraps and modern fingerless gloves if he's so inclined, but otherwise the ruleset will be old school NHB in terms of time limits, scoring, permitted techniques, etc. In addition, he's not locked into his current modern fighting weight obviously.

The idea is to see if the MMA game has evolved to such a degree that one of the most well-rounded, elite fighters P4P can overcome dudes much bigger than himself. If not, then how far up do we have to go (in terms of weight class or skill) before we find a modern fighter who could mop the floor with the early UFC competition?

EDIT: Mods can feel free to add a poll if they happen upon this.

Mighty Mouse wins all the bouts by boring, stick and move, decision.

pcSpBeJ.gif

Umm Royce isn't much bigger?
Demitrious Johnson walks around at 142 lbs. Royce weighted in at 180 lbs at UFC 1. Thats almost 40 pounds or almost 1/3 of the body weight of Johnson. That's a fucking lot.
I agree that Johnson even has better Jiu Jiutsu let alone is in another dimension with his wrestling/striking skills, however at some point this won't help you anymore if you give away too much size.
I don't think that DJ would've been able to take down Shamrock or Gerard Gordeau without getting elbowed in the back of the head or stomped on the ground.

He wouldn't be going head to head against people.

I would imagine he would stick to the outside, take advantage of his speed, and proceed to put on a slap and run marathon.

Royce basically choked him out with his pajama's..

Exactly. The Gracies (Rorion) had the nerve to claim hand wraps weren't allowed because "in a real fight, you don't have time to wrap your hands". Which is kind of funny - in a real fight, do you have time to put on a long-sleeved gi? Because Royce certainly utilized it.

Everyone’s talking about not able to win against Shamrock and Royce but Gerard Gordeau needs a mention. I don’t think he’ll be able to take him down seeing how he defended his TKD better than wrestler Shamrock against Royce despite having no grappling background.

Last edited:
Mighty Mouse is wayyyyyy too small to do anything of note to Shamrock or RG

Haha MM would have been all net from half-court for those monsters.

View attachment 680133

how many more times do i need to see this exact fucking thread?

Mind directing me to where else this thread has been posted here?

Dj couldnt win fights at 135, why do you think hed beat actual men

He has lost 2 of 19 fights at 135.

Hypothetical: this thread being thought provoking.

And yet plenty of people are engaging with it and you decided to drop this ever so "thought provoking" reply. Grow up.

This might sound dumb, but I honestly think he wins it easily.

Here's my logic: Royce won it relatively easily, and he was only about 175 lbs without cutting.

Full-sized MM is probably about 155, in much better shape, and with much better technique in most aspects of MMA than anyone who showed up for UFC 1.

Obviously, it's entirely possible that he gets caught and one-shot KO'd by any of the large heavy hitters, or Royce gets a hold of him and subs him, but in terms of odds I'd give him a very very high probability of winning it.

Really, the biggest factor in UFC 1 was lack of versatility--most of the fighters were 1-trick ponies and knew little about other styles, so any modern MMA fighter should have a good chance to win that first tourney, especially an elite one no matter the size.

tenor.gif

Mighty Mouse would clean up on everyone UFC 1-3 IMO except for maybe Ken Shamrock.. Or maybe Royce chokes MM out with his Pajamas like he did to Ken..

if joyce wasn't allowed to wear that pajamas, it might not have gone the way it did...

Exactly. The Gracies (Rorion) had the nerve to claim hand wraps weren't allowed because "in a real fight, you don't have time to wrap your hands". Which is kind of funny - in a real fight, do you have time to put on a long-sleeved gi? Because Royce certainly utilized it.

Then he kicked Ken in the Junk for the 3rd fight... Ken could not catch a break in that rivalry..

I'm not really sure how this kind of thread will be received here, but what kind of newly-minted Yellow Belt would I be if I didn't post something silly immediately after earning the privilege?

Say we have a functional time machine. Demetrious Johnson in his prime (whenever you determine that to be) volunteers to get sent back to 1993 where he'll enter UFC 1, replacing Zane Frazier in his tournament bracket. He'll get a three-month camp before the transition and there's obviously nothing stopping him from reading up on who his historical opponents will be. If he wins, he'll go on to enter the subsequent tournaments as well.

DJ will get to wear handwraps and modern fingerless gloves if he's so inclined, but otherwise the ruleset will be old school NHB in terms of time limits, scoring, permitted techniques, etc. In addition, he's not locked into his current modern fighting weight obviously.

The idea is to see if the MMA game has evolved to such a degree that one of the most well-rounded, elite fighters P4P can overcome dudes much bigger than himself. If not, then how far up do we have to go (in terms of weight class or skill) before we find a modern fighter who could mop the floor with the early UFC competition?

EDIT: Mods can feel free to add a poll if they happen upon this.
Ken kills him. Him in my opinion. 220 pound ken is gonna grind, headbutt, and rabbit punch MM into dust.
Gerard gordeu would kill him. MM would be a wet spot on the canvas
Thank you. I couldn't remember his name. He's gonna kick MM all over the cage. Not to mention he'd probably intentionally poke MM in eye to start the fight.

It was actually posted 10 days ago and moved to Fantasy Matchup
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/mighty-mouse-ufc-1.4042199/#post-156541289

I legit thought it was the same user who was reposting it. Anyways, there are some good answers here.

That's fucking bizarre. This is a scenario I've had in my mind for a while now. I've toyed around with it on other forums, but never really got much bite on it as there weren't many MMA fans there. The timing in particular just blows my mind. Thanks for the link, though.

the search function is pretty straightforward and easy to use, try it sometime.

I did, actually. I searched "Demetrious Johnson UFC 1" and "Mighty Mouse UFC 1" and got nothing, I'm assuming because I searched from the UFC Discussion page. The previous thread only pops up when I search from the base forums. I had no idea the filter was applied unless you used an advanced search. But sure, by all means continue being condescending.

Back