Hypothetical: Prime Mighty Mouse at UFC 1

Safton

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how this kind of thread will be received here, but what kind of newly-minted Yellow Belt would I be if I didn't post something silly immediately after earning the privilege?

Say we have a functional time machine. Demetrious Johnson in his prime (whenever you determine that to be) volunteers to get sent back to 1993 where he'll enter UFC 1, replacing Zane Frazier in his tournament bracket. He'll get a three-month camp before the transition and there's obviously nothing stopping him from reading up on who his historical opponents will be. If he wins, he'll go on to enter the subsequent tournaments as well.

DJ will get to wear handwraps and modern fingerless gloves if he's so inclined, but otherwise the ruleset will be old school NHB in terms of time limits, scoring, permitted techniques, etc. In addition, he's not locked into his current modern fighting weight obviously.

The idea is to see if the MMA game has evolved to such a degree that one of the most well-rounded, elite fighters P4P can overcome dudes much bigger than himself. If not, then how far up do we have to go (in terms of weight class or skill) before we find a modern fighter who could mop the floor with the early UFC competition?

EDIT: Mods can feel free to add a poll if they happen upon this.

Last edited:
So who does he fight in round 1, 2, and 3?

By UFC 3, Kimo finishes him.

I'm not really sure how this kind of thread will be received here, but what kind of newly-minted Yellow Belt would I be if I didn't post something silly immediately after earning the privilege?

tenor.gif

Say we have a functional time machine. Demetrious Johnson in his prime (whenever you determine that to be) volunteers to get sent back to 1993 where he'll enter UFC 1, replacing Zane Frazier in his tournament bracket. He'll get a three-month camp before the transition and there's obviously nothing stopping him from reading up on who his historical opponents will be. If he wins, he'll go on to enter the subsequent events as well.

DJ will get to wear handwraps and modern fingerless gloves if he's so inclined, but otherwise the ruleset will be old school NHB in terms of time limits, scoring, permitted techniques, etc. In addition, he's not locked into his current modern fighting weight obviously.

The idea is to see if the MMA game has evolved to such a degree that one of the most well-rounded, elite fighters P4P can overcome dudes much bigger than himself. If not, then how far up do we have to go (in terms of weight class or skill) before we find a modern fighter who could mop the floor with the early UFC competition?

Mighty Mouse would clean up on everyone UFC 1-3 IMO except for maybe Ken Shamrock.. Or maybe Royce chokes MM out with his Pajamas like he did to Ken..

So who does he fight in round 1, 2, and 3?

By UFC 3, Kimo finishes him.

I assumed everything would go down as originally, so he'd go Kevin Rosier > Gerard Gordeau > Royce Gracie assuming he won each round.

Mighty Mouse would run through everyone at UFC 1, Royce isn't that much bigger than a non cutting MM and MM has a much, much higher skill level.

Despite his skill set, he will not survive the WILD PED ERA of the sport.
giphy.gif

If Royce could win it then so could DJ (if you replace Royce with DJ).

He smokes everyone of them with relative ease.

Mighty Mouse would run through everyone at UFC 1, Royce isn't that much bigger than a non cutting MM and MM has a much, much higher skill level.

What about Ken Shamrock? I think Ken takes him.. Royce would try and choke out MM with his PJ's..

He would slaughter everyone at UFC 1 with the element of surprise, his BJJ alone is higher level than Royce back then.

Gerard gordeu would kill him. MM would be a wet spot on the canvas

What about Ken Shamrock? I think Ken takes him.. Royce would try and choke out MM with his PJ's..

UFC 1 Ken would look horrible in modern day MMA. He had poor striking and dropped for bad footlocks that people tapped to because noone knew what they were doing at the time. DJ would likely know enough to heel hook him if he so desired.

If Royce could win it then so could DJ (if you replace Royce with DJ).

I would take DJ over Royce. Unless Royce ball shots him like he did to Ken in fight 3..

But Ken would take him IMO. Even for that era he was fairly well rounded. Could strike a little, could wrestle, and had some good submissions..

UFC 1 Ken would look horrible in modern day MMA. He had poor striking and dropped for bad footlocks that people tapped to because noone knew what they were doing at the time. DJ would likely know enough to heel hook him if he so desired.

In 1993 if it is MM and Ken. I think Ken wins..

Can we do this? Please?

I think MM wins UFC's until Dan Severn shows up personally. I don't see how he'd beat a massive wrestler like that.

Taylor Wily falls on him and kills him.

FYI, any mods who are dropping by can feel free to set up a poll if they'd like. I'll admit this discussion is already more interesting than I'd hoped.

Back