Crime Huffman to only get 14 days

Eh, I guess you could construe it that way. I think it's pretty obvious he's speaking of non violent drug crimes, as he further elaborated. Also, you did not provide any proof of Kamala Harris saying anything about not jailing women.

Proof? Facts? Proper context?

Republicans:

SmoggyHilariousBaiji-size_restricted.gif

Are you not American? Or did you not go to college? You sound like someone who doesn't even have incidental knowledge of our education system.

It is totally legal to donate money to a school to help your kid get in. It is legal for schools to admit a student because their parent went to that school. It is legal for schools to admit children of employees.

It is not legal to pay someone to fabricate an entire academic record for your child.
Jesus, do you just not even bother reading what threads are about before quoting responses to other posts?

This lady got a jail sentence, a fine and community service for being a relatively minor player in a "college admissions scandal". You already acknowledged that it's legal pay off schools and use legacy to gain favor and admit your kid, but I'm supposed to want this lady's head on a BBQ for paying the exact same money but going about it improperly? She got caught, was punished, nothing changes as far as admissions transparency.

And then you even "liked" @hillelslovak87 's predictable and worthless "you're a moron and conservatives hate education" response after your own "I pray everyday that God is real so he can send you all to hell". Your parents must be so proud.

No it is not legal to bribe the police, lol. Sorry man, but you are way off here. You dont bribe your waiters, you pay extra for service given.

There's nothing way off about it. Only for public bodies does it get somewhat sketchy, but people absolutely pay servers extra to get better treatment in the future. Most clubs have membership dues, meaning you have to pay to enter. I honestly can't think of a single private business or organization that will not give preferential treatment due to donations. Hell, you can donate money to the state to have a street named after you. Scientists accept donations to name stars and animals after people.

Do you think it should be illegal for a school to name a building after a donor? Or to put their name on a chair in an auditorium? Why can't they reserve a spot on the student roster for a donor? In what world does a rich person give a company 5 million dollars and the company says, "thanks, there's absolutely nothing we can do in return"?

Jesus, do you just not even bother reading what threads are about before quoting responses to other posts?

This lady got a jail sentence, a fine and community service for being a relatively minor player in a "college admissions scandal". You already acknowledged that it's legal pay off schools and use legacy to gain favor and admit your kid, but I'm supposed to want this lady's head on a BBQ for paying the exact same money but going about it improperly? She got caught, was punished, nothing changes as far as admissions transparency.

And then you even "liked" @hillelslovak87 's predictable and worthless "you're a moron and conservatives hate education" response after your own "I pray everyday that God is real so he can send you all to hell". Your parents must be so proud.

Well I agree with @hillelslovak87 's assessment of you, that's why I liked it. Everything about you, from your user name to your av to your posts, reveals a person that knows very little and is unashamed of it yet spends all his time getting mad at people that point out how foolish his words are.

This issue doesn't require a conversation about admissions transparency. She broke the law. Knowingly. Willingly. And she got a light sentence because she's wealthy. The fact that you seemed unable to understand that was why Hille rightfully called you a moron.

She was only looking at a month, so 14 days is actually a stern punishment, given all the variables. The Defense was looking for no jail time. The fact that she got some even after pleading guilty and having all the elites stick up for her, sends a message.

Laughlin is the one I'm looking at. She foolishly decided to fight it. With this ruling, she may rethink that approach.

There's nothing way off about it. Only for public bodies does it get somewhat sketchy, but people absolutely pay servers extra to get better treatment in the future. Most clubs have membership dues, meaning you have to pay to enter. I honestly can't think of a single private business or organization that will not give preferential treatment due to donations. Hell, you can donate money to the state to have a street named after you. Scientists accept donations to name stars and animals after people.

Do you think it should be illegal for a school to name a building after a donor? Or to put their name on a chair in an auditorium? Why can't they reserve a spot on the student roster for a donor? In what world does a rich person give a company 5 million dollars and the company says, "thanks, there's absolutely nothing we can do in return"?

"Former Stanford University sailing coach John Vandemoer is the only other person sentenced so far and received a day in prison. He admitted helping students get into Stanford as recruited athletes in exchange for $270,000 for his sailing program."

Hmm doesnt sound like it is legal to me. There are major differences between donating to a school and bribing a school to allow your kid into the school.

I am intrigued now in regards to how much time Lori Loughlin will serve. I hope they give her a decent amount of jail time for the smugness she showed early on.

Again with the foolish hyperbole! Christ. Not only do you always whore out for corporate and political scumbag interest while not knowing a lick about the topic at hand, you present a completely absurd view of the opposing argument, showing your dishonesty and stupidity in a sever lack of measure.

"but I'm supposed to want this lady's head on a BBQ"

Fuckin lol, tell me about your wife, the Dr., Ben.

Did you not follow this case? These parents created fraudulent academic records. Fake GPAs, fake SAT scores, fake academic clubs and athletics. What exactly
She sounded totally sloshed last night so I doubt she even knew what she was saying.

She was definitely on something. I'm shocked that no one in the media has said anything about it.

Well I agree with @hillelslovak87 's assessment of you, that's why I liked it. Everything about you, from your user name to your av to your posts, reveals a person that knows very little and is unashamed of it yet spends all his time getting mad at people that point out how foolish his words are.

This issue doesn't require a conversation about admissions transparency. She broke the law. Knowingly. Willingly. And she got a light sentence because she's wealthy. The fact that you seemed unable to understand that was why Hille rightfully called you a moron.
Out of curiosity, where would you rate yourself in intellect? I didn't even need to ask because clearly you're above average, everyone else is a moron, you are a solid 7 in looks and you look at least 10 years younger than you are.

You really are a terrible person with no redeeming qualities.

What in the world are you talking about? Every single school officer who has been implicated has been punished by their school. Every single one. You want the government to punish employees of private companies?

You might want to read what you wrote, and try again.

I highly doubt she'll spend a single day in anything remotely resembling a prison

It said she was wealthy and well connected. 14 days is alot for them. Kinda surprised she got anything at all.
True that. Honestly she should get a long parole term. And actually e force the parole too, please

David Hogg didn't have good enough grades for UCI a year before being accepted to Harvard and each of Al Gore's kids is a prodigy. No need for an investigation into corruption in admissions there.

UCI isn't too shabby. It's one of the top 10 public universities in the US but it isn't Harvard...

David Hogg didn't have good enough grades for UCI a year before being accepted to Harvard and each of Al Gore's kids is a prodigy. No need for an investigation into corruption in admissions there.

Why? What law was broken? It’s only the reputation of the school that could be in jeopardy. The school board will either act or they won’t. Like I’ve already said if this were a state school then there could be legal repercussions but it’s not, it’s a private school.

Are you upset that Trump children work for the government? That is far worse than a PRIVATE school admitting whomever they want.

I am personally connected to a serious player in this whole pay to play controversy. This shit is way overblown

Man... I really... never thought of this... and the potential impact it could have.
I'm picking this comment randomly to drag you into the conversation because you seem to entertain conspiracies more than most.

Am I way off base thinking that Felicity Hoffman should be the tip of the iceberg in college admission corruption?

I took no side in this politically and still got @Leagon and @hillelslovak87 responding with "you're a moron and a jerk and GOP hates education". I can tell you they're both happy people whose dads did not abandon them.

Back