Crime Huffman to only get 14 days

I say that the schools and people responsible for taking these bribes are much bigger criminals here. They are the ones that should be punished.

Exactly. If anyone should be in trouble, it should be the schools themselves, not people playing the system for their kids.

They didn't play the system, they broke the law. There are plenty of legal ways for rich people to get their dumb kids into good schools. They ignored all of those and broke the law.

It's not surprising to me that it's the conservative posters who are most okay with this. Yall have absolutely zero disregard for the law unless the person breaking it is poor or a minority.

I say that the schools and people responsible for taking these bribes are much bigger criminals here. They are the ones that should be punished.
ya i was just touching on that above.

But almost certainly many politicians would be caught up if they went after the Schools and starting putting people in jail who then started pointing fingers and exposing the depths this happens at.

Same reason they decided to charge no one on Wall Street after 2008 crash. Once the finger pointing started and guys started getting arrested and cutting deals to avoid jail time, 90% Wall street likely would have been indicted including friends, family and others close to the Politicians.

They didn't play the system, they broke the law. There are plenty of legal ways for rich people to get their dumb kids into good schools. They ignored all of those and broke the law.

It's not surprising to me that it's the conservative posters who are most okay with this. Yall have absolutely zero disregard for the law unless the person breaking it is poor or a minority.

I'm not denying they did anything illegal, but most of the blame for this lies with the university. They were exploiting a corrupt system for their kids. Been done forever. The kids of politicians in DC get accepted for reasons other than academic credentials.

Like I said, it's a bigger tragedy someone like Beto not going to jail or the immunity given to the Clinton Cartel in DC.

your point is a good one but not everyone has to pay whose kids otherwise would not make the cut. Not directly with cash anyway.

Many due to Political Connections or Societal position in other influential groups can see their kids excepted even if the grades would not cut it. There are a few privileges here that make the cut.

While that's all true, I don't see why I should care more about cash payments than political clout. In neither scenario am I gaining or losing the money and both equally corrupt the system of merit.

Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument, which in the United States is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.

Cool, so what's the term for deciding who gets punished and who doesn't for doing the same thing?

ya i was just touching on that above.

But almost certainly many politicians would be caught up if they went after the Schools and starting putting people in jail who then started pointing fingers and exposing the depths this happens at.

Same reason they decided to charge no one on Wall Street after 2008 crash. Once the finger pointing started and guys started getting arrested and cutting deals to avoid jail time, 90% Wall street likely would have been indicted including friends, family and others close to the Politicians.

Nah, most politicians would be fine. There are so many legal ways for rich kids to get their kids into school. Legacy admissions, donations, honorary teaching positions, etc. That's how most people do it. Only an idiot and a criminal would do what she did.

are any of the schools facing Fines or other sanctions?
A school is more likely to face a sanction for giving a larger stipend to a college football player that too see fines or sanctions for this.

How much does everyone who holds public office pay to get their kids into top universities? Or are we still pretending that coincidentally all their kids are the cream of the crop of students? Al Gore sent 4 kids to Harvard, and I'm not sure he's such a genetic marvel that he happened to shit out 4 consecutive kids who are all the pinnacle of excellence.

This bitch got 14 more days than everyone else who does the same thing.

Exactly. If anyone should be in trouble, it should be the schools themselves, not people playing the system for their kids.

Or, hear me out, I know it sounds crazy, you actually go after all the people who commit fraud like this, both the schools and the citizens who perpetrate fraud. Fucking nuts, right?

Or, hear me out, I know it sounds crazy, you actually go after all the people who commit fraud like this, both the schools and the citizens who perpetrate fraud. Fucking nuts, right?

OK and hear me out. But don't we have the right to see the academic credentials of people like Malia and Sasha Obama, Al Gore's kids and so on? Shouldn't there be an investigation into how David Hogg gets accepted to Harvard with grades far below average? Isn't that just as corrupt?

I'm not denying they did anything illegal, but most of the blame for this lies with the university. They were exploiting a corrupt system for their kids. Been done forever. The kids of politicians in DC get accepted for reasons other than academic credentials.

Like I said, it's a bigger tragedy someone like Beto not going to jail or the immunity given to the Clinton Cartel in DC.

Did you not follow this case? These parents created fraudulent academic records. Fake GPAs, fake SAT scores, fake academic clubs and athletics. What exactly was the University supposed to admit them on, if not their apparent academic achievements?

I have no idea what Beto or Hilary have to do with this.

Great, now just point me in the direction of any effort at all to make admissions transparent and punish schools for corrupt admission standards and we'll be all good.

Hard to imagine wanting to give aunt becky and whoever this hag the article is about the electric chair but not even ask how it's possible that every governor and senator happens to have kids who are all the elite of the elite or how it's possible for them to all get into the most prestigious schools.

Why should private schools be in trouble? I can see universities and state schools because they get government money but a private school will do as they please. It’s their reputation they need to worry about and something tells me have an Obama or a bunch of Gores only bolsters it.

While you are outraged about liberal children why not call into question Trumps kids or Trump himself? You think Trump got into Wharton on pure academics? You know the guy that is suing his school to keep his records private.

Last edited:
Did you not follow this case? These parents created fraudulent academic records. Fake GPAs, fake SAT scores, fake academic clubs and athletics. What exactly was the University supposed to admit them on, if not their apparent academic achievements?

I have no idea what Beto or Hilary have to do with this.

Because he needs to be outraged and invoking the name of Queen Sheba (Hillary) helps him get there.

How much did the school officers who took the money get? You know, the ACTUAL guilty party?

One party was trying to give their kids a better life the way the thought the system worked.. The other party has been playing low level politics based on donations games for decades, and took these people's money FOR THE SCHOOL. The employees, and the schools that took the money are 85% responsible in all this, yet the media doesn't even mention them.. It's weird, actually. Like this whole thing is about schools being above the law as much as anything.

Great, now just point me in the direction of any effort at all to make admissions transparent and punish schools for corrupt admission standards and we'll be all good.

Hard to imagine wanting to give aunt becky and whoever this hag the article is about the electric chair but not even ask how it's possible that every governor and senator happens to have kids who are all the elite of the elite or how it's possible for them to all get into the most prestigious schools.

Are you not American? Or did you not go to college? You sound like someone who doesn't even have incidental knowledge of our education system.

It is totally legal to donate money to a school to help your kid get in. It is legal for schools to admit a student because their parent went to that school. It is legal for schools to admit children of employees.

It is not legal to pay someone to fabricate an entire academic record for your child.

How much did the school officers who took the money get? You know, the ACTUAL guilty party?

One party was trying to give their kids a better life the way the thought the system worked.. The other party has been playing low level politics based on donations games for decades, and took these people's money FOR THE SCHOOL. The employees, and the schools that took the money are 85% responsible in all this, yet the media doesn't even mention them.. It's weird, actually. Like this whole thing is about schools being above the law as much as anything.

What in the world are you talking about? Every single school officer who has been implicated has been punished by their school. Every single one. You want the government to punish employees of private companies?

Seems about right to me. They got this one right.

2 weeks in jail, fined 30k, 1 year probation, and a hundred hours of community service.

OK and hear me out. But don't we have the right to see the academic credentials of people like Malia and Sasha Obama, Al Gore's kids and so on? Shouldn't there be an investigation into how David Hogg gets accepted to Harvard with grades far below average? Isn't that just as corrupt?

What does seeing the academic credentials of students have to do with investigating and prosecuting fraud to the highest extent of the law? If there is probable suspicion that Malia or Sasha Obama had fraud committed for their educations, all involved should be prosecuted, but you're merely speculating based upon the highest altitude of thin air.

What does seeing the academic credentials of students have to do with investigating and prosecuting fraud to the highest extent of the law? If there is probable suspicion that Malia or Sasha Obama had fraud committed for their educations, all involved should be prosecuted, but you're merely speculating based upon the highest altitude of thin air.

David Hogg didn't have good enough grades for UCI a year before being accepted to Harvard and each of Al Gore's kids is a prodigy. No need for an investigation into corruption in admissions there.

Back