Economy Huawei News & Discussion: BT Will Build UK’s Emergency Network with "High-Risk Vendor" Huawei

Yeah wtf is happening? The Chinese really charmed a lot of countries..

Hey I got charmed too you know...

But damn on serious note what the heck is happening they bribe Germans too?

The last 75 years have been the most peaceful, prosperous and secure in the European continent's modern history, western Europe in particular. That is by and large very much thanks to American hegemony (which I don't really care about).

If they want to jump into bed with Xi that's their prerogative, but Euro countries should know there's no place for them with the inner circle CCP's Sino Supremacist ideology and that the "century of humiliation" is one of the driving motivations of the Chinese government's global superpower ambitions. Temujin also mentioned this more than once before he was banned.

170629182543-01-xi-jinping-hong-kong-full-169.jpg

The last 75 years have been the most peaceful, prosperous and secure in the European continent's modern history, western Europe in particular. That is by and large very much thanks to American hegemony (which I don't really care about).

If they want to jump into bed with Xi that's their prerogative, but Euro countries should know there's no place for them with the inner circle CCP's Sino Supremacist ideology and that the "century of humiliation" is one of the driving motivations of the Chinese government's global superpower ambitions. Temujin also mentioned this more than once before he was banned.

170629182543-01-xi-jinping-hong-kong-full-169.jpg

Why was Tamudjin banned? so much hate I guess. That guy some times is so biased for CCP even though from what I know he grew up in Western country.

Why was Tamujin banned? so much hate I guess. That guy some times is so biased for CCP even though from what I know he grew up in Western country.

He went on a racist tirade about white people, and several of the posts were even deleted IIRC.

He went on a racist tirade about white people, and several of the posts were even deleted IIRC.

I always felt that guy has some chip on his shoulder. Just the user name alone TemujinKhan has that Asian Supremacist vibe! lol But who knows its just an internet forum but anyway I will always call TemujinKhan TamudjinKahn. Because

In Filipino language Tamud=Semen

Come back to me on how to make a productive discussion thread after your fellow WR posters vote for you for Best TS five years in a row.
@computer fogie

SillyObeseCurlew-size_restricted.gif

You would think someone with such credentials would know the rules in regards to posting threads then.

Weird.

An appeal to authority when the authority is a bunch of idiots where the majority think a reality star with multiple felons in his administration is a capable president.

lol what a fuckin joke, follow the rules for starting a thread and you wouldn't have been called out.

Lol you people suck

I am not sure about what is going to happen and who will win. Plus these back doors inside of backdoor is making things less clear.
Anyhow hopefully US tech prowess will be able to stem China's ability to spy
Mike Pompeo, the former head of the CIA, will make clear that giving Huawei access could throw US-UK technology partnerships into doubt.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...-theresa-may-against-giving-huawei-5g-access/
It's certainly a big selling point for me.

<21>

S1.png

S2.png

S3.png

#SiliconDons

<16>

^ And the US does maintain leadership, not just in that it holds down 50% of the industry's global market share (China's is around 5%), but by being on the cutting edge of every segment. For example:

µP: Intel (IDM)
µC: Microchip (IDM)
SoC: Qualcomm (Fabless)
DRAM: Micron (IDM)
GPU: Nvidia (Fabless)
AIC: Texas Instruments (IDM)

Virtually all of the R&D is done stateside and there are around 65 operating fabrication plants in the United States in 19 different states dedicated to advanced manufacturing and process technology.

^ And the US does maintain leadership, not just in that it holds down 50% of the industry's global market share (China's is around 5%), but by being on the cutting edge of every segment. For example:

µP: Intel (IDM)
µC: Microchip (IDM)
SoC: Qualcomm (Fabless)
DRAM: Micron (IDM)
GPU: Nvidia (Fabless)
AIC: Texas Instruments (IDM)

Virtually all of the R&D is done stateside and there are around 65 operating fabrication plants in the United States in 19 different states dedicated to advanced manufacturing and process technology.
Real talk, are you their lobbyist?

Haha nah bro, but I've said before to @ElKarlo and @JonesBones that the industrial tech cluster just south of the ASU university corridor makes it pretty easy to glean a lot of information from, especially when you have acquaintances who work in the industry.

There are two dozen semiconductor firms with major operations in Phx Metro, only the states of Texas and Oregon really compare as far as industrial production. Intel has more capex and manufacturing capacity invested than anywhere else and will be using extreme ultraviolet lithography for their 7 nm chips when the new (and third operational) fabrication plant opens in the next year or two.

The leading market research firm is headquartered here. My best friend (with benefits lol) works for Microchip Technology (MCHP) which is headquartered here. The founder, chairman and chief executive is an Indian immigrant and former high level Intel employee/engineer; been to his $15 million mansion up in Paradise Valley, dude's cool as fuck.

If I'm gonna sell on anything, µC's (microcontrollers) really are going to grow significantly and have versatile applications in myriad end markets. MCHP is world leading designer and manufacturer of them, they keep a strong balance sheet and are always looking for ways to improve cost structure.

It's probably, literally, the best industry in America though where treating employees, valuing customers and participating in local communities is concerned. It's very much a domestic industry that never offshored for the cheap labor but then again what they do is also extremely IP intensive, highly skilled and not cheap. A new manufacturing plant costs several billion dollars to mount.

The last 75 years aren't the past 20 years though. Instead of blaming the Europeans for partnering with China over America, look inwards at yourself and why they considered doing that -- and did end up doing that. With all that's been going on, a lot of global partners consider China a more stable global partner right now. How do they know that we won't use American control of their networking suppliers as 'leverage' in future trade negotiations, for example? Allies shouldn't have to wonder about things like that, but now they do and all those little things factor into their decisions now.

The last 75 years aren't the past 20 years though. Instead of blaming the Europeans for partnering with China over America, look inwards at yourself and why they considered doing that -- and did end up doing that.

As long as the European can find the hidden backdoors, they're not hidden anymore and not a threat.

I don´t really care. They probably all have backdoors and the NSA can probably listen in on whatever the fuck they want.

If it is a concern one should probably unplug 100%.

Countries Seek United 5G Security Approach Amid Huawei Concerns
By Lenka Ponikelska | May 3, 2019

1200x-1.jpg

Security officials from 30 countries hammered out a common approach to wireless network safety on Friday, responding to concerns over equipment made by China’s Huawei Technologies Co.

The non-binding proposal warns governments against relying on suppliers of fifth-generation networks that could be susceptible to state influence or based in countries that haven’t signed international agreements on cyber security and data protection.

“The customer -- whether the government, operator, or manufacturer -- must be able to be informed about the origin and pedigree of components and software that affect the security level of the product or service,” read the Prague Proposal document handed out at the end of the conference in the Czech capital.

President Donald Trump’s administration applauded adoption of the document.

“The United States supports the resulting Prague Proposals on 5G security published by the Czech conference chairman as a set of recommendations for nations to consider as they design, construct, and administer their 5G infrastructure,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement on Friday. “The United States government plans to use the Prague Proposals as a guide to ensure our shared prosperity and security.”

Representatives from the European Union, the NATO military alliance and Asian countries including Japan and Korea attended the meeting.

Unified action could help governments facing a difficult balancing act with Huawei. The U.S. is urging them to ban the vendor from 5G networks, arguing its systems are vulnerable to Chinese state espionage. Doing so risks delaying network rollouts and drawing reprisals from Beijing, an important investment partner for many of the countries.

Ren Zhengfei, Huawei’s billionaire founder, has dismissed accusations that the company aids the Chinese government in espionage.

EU governments are due to submit national risk assessments for 5G networks in mid-July.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ted-5g-security-approach-amid-huawei-concerns

Last edited:
I feel this one for the west at least comes down to who you want to have your Data, China through Huawei or the US through every product they have backdoored for the 5 eyes.

Countries Seek United 5G Security Approach Amid Huawei Concerns
By Lenka Ponikelska | May 3, 2019

1200x-1.jpg

Security officials from 30 countries hammered out a common approach to wireless network safety on Friday, responding to concerns over equipment made by China’s Huawei Technologies Co.

The non-binding proposal warns governments against relying on suppliers of fifth-generation networks that could be susceptible to state influence or based in countries that haven’t signed international agreements on cyber security and data protection.

“The customer -- whether the government, operator, or manufacturer -- must be able to be informed about the origin and pedigree of components and software that affect the security level of the product or service,” read the Prague Proposal document handed out at the end of the conference in the Czech capital.

President Donald Trump’s administration applauded adoption of the document.

“The United States supports the resulting Prague Proposals on 5G security published by the Czech conference chairman as a set of recommendations for nations to consider as they design, construct, and administer their 5G infrastructure,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said in a statement on Friday. “The United States government plans to use the Prague Proposals as a guide to ensure our shared prosperity and security.”

Representatives from the European Union, the NATO military alliance and Asian countries including Japan and Korea attended the meeting.

Unified action could help governments facing a difficult balancing act with Huawei. The U.S. is urging them to ban the vendor from 5G networks, arguing its systems are vulnerable to Chinese state espionage. Doing so risks delaying network rollouts and drawing reprisals from Beijing, an important investment partner for many of the countries.

Ren Zhengfei, Huawei’s billionaire founder, has dismissed accusations that the company aids the Chinese government in espionage.

EU governments are due to submit national risk assessments for 5G networks in mid-July.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ted-5g-security-approach-amid-huawei-concerns

The guy is literally linked up with the PLA at the highest of levels, for fuck sake. Just stop. That sort of thing isn't optional for any mainland Chinese firm of note who isn't still small enough to glide under the surface with shadow banking financing. They are tied to the Politburo by defailt, the CCP doesn't "request" or "ask" you to do anything.

Kind of humorous, back in January:

What is distorted, buddy? Intel crushes everyone on R&D and accounts for nearly 25% of the entire industry's expenditures. It routinely blows away dozens of corporations with a revenue stream several times greater than theirs. Capital investment in production capacity is separate and Mobileye hardly registers as a fraction of its business, it's not even a $500 million subsidiary. Intel drops that on research and development at their Chandler fab (the "little" one) here alone and it isn't even fitted for that purpose.
Samsung's numbers are grossly distorted by an enormous surge in memory demand the last couple of years, the market jumped by 61.8 percent from 2016 to 2017 alone. Samsung's chip sales have gone from $44.3 billion ('16) to $65.2 ('17) to $83.3 ('18). That's why the other DRAM producers have also been through the roof, Micron leaped from $13.5 to $23.9 to $31.8 billion over the last three years alone. It's probably going to be bust cycle time soon.

And here we are:

Intel To Retake 'World's Largest Chipmaker' Title Back From Samsung As Memory Market Declines

{<shrug}

A lot of people still think of it simply as a chipmaker for personal computers when it completely dominates the data center market to nearly the same degree. It's business is processors that brain enterprise-grade industrial hardware in general with independent end-to-end control over production, and mega billions engaged in analytics, artificial intelligence, the IoT and materials science research.

R-D.png

I feel this one for the west at least comes down to who you want to have your Data, China through Huawei or the US through every product they have backdoored for the 5 eyes.

Can you speak Mandarin better than Kevin Rudd?

Back