• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How you get booed in your homecountry while fighting a foreigner?

Yeah I'm talking about you Hill

This dude is American and they are fighting in his own country against a foreigner who doesn't even speak English and yet he gets booed loool

That's embarrasing! I wonder why the fans over there don't like him? Usually when an American fights a foreigner over there the get cheered and the foreigners are the ones booed, so what's going on with this guy? I don't really hear much about him on the media so I'm seriously wondering

Even with Colby colvington, who is pretty hated, you could see during his title fights ppl chanting the U S A stuff

I will remind you Molly from Britain was getting cheered in New York fighting a girl from New York.

Because it's called United States, not United Country

he should have said thing like " america first " or " usa , usa , usa "

American don't support u if you don't say thing like that

i'm just here to add to the racism claims
He has the thick ass and booty of a person that ate a lot of chicken (packed with estrogen).
prob from all those pig intestines he be eating. All that shit gets you thick.

Nationalism is often a disguise for promoting your own ideals and projecting it onto the idea of "nation".
A "nation" is of course a made up thing, something that doesn't exist in material reality, so its characteristics derive from the idea of it that is being promoted while saying you're a nationalist.
Per se being proud to be from your country isn't a good or a bad thing, again because countries are ethereal.

The routes of it leading back to racism are:
1) in nationalistic sentiment there's often the will to crystalise or revert a country's power structure, tying this to a nation's identiy; in a country like the US, in light of the effect of past policies, the power structure has strong ties to racial identiy, particularly for them black folks.
2) the very simplistic notion (I don't think this is true necessarily, but have to add it to be complete) that nationalistic sentiment is tied to devaluing other national identities.

Now of course being nationalistic doesn't mean both or either of these dynamics are present, again per se it means absolutely nothing, but if you look at how nationalism is used by all goverments as a power tool to protect themselves (for example associating the party line with nationalistic sentiment), to divide the country internally or to harass splits of society that demand stuff like rights, resources and the likes. Again this can be theoretically for good as well, but governments are expressions of those already in power.

Hope this can shed light on a complex matter.

EDIT: also want to add that 90% of racism isn't something people "are" but practices that result in unbalanced power dynamic.
One can be the least racist person in the world and, with no fault of theirs, participate in racism, I think shaming and berating people for "being racist" is idiotic and completely missing the point.

EDIT #2: also want to add that that "90%" is straight out of my ass and there's no measuring shit like that.
Are you a Liberal Arts major or just autistic?

Last edited:
Alex is one of the funnest fighters to watch in mma history . That's why. All Alex fights are thrilling.

Folks wonder why Fedor, Ronda, Conor, Brock , Justin. Are all as huge stars and loved as they are in cage. They always bring the ahow all their fights are were must see spectacles. Alex is now in thst group

Yeah I'm talking about you Hill

This dude is American and they are fighting in his own country against a foreigner who doesn't even speak English and yet he gets booed loool

That's embarrasing! I wonder why the fans over there don't like him? Usually when an American fights a foreigner over there the get cheered and the foreigners are the ones booed, so what's going on with this guy? I don't really hear much about him on the media so I'm seriously wondering

Even with Colby colvington, who is pretty hated, you could see during his title fights ppl chanting the U S A stuff

Alex is one of the most popular guys in the sport.

Because Hill has an insecure cringelord being arrogant vibe. And he also attacked his civilian brother because he called him out for not calling his own daughter enough. Knocked out his tooth. He attacked his brother in front of his own 3 kids. What a dipshit.

Meh. Boo whomever you want.

9f12ab32c128db1e3b608f415969bd7b.jpg
Booooo!!

It's different when there's only a couple of guys from your country. I can't remember ever meeting a fellow Dutchman who is into MMA that wasn't a fan of guys like Overeem and Rutten.

I love MMA and also kickboxing. But i cannot stand Rico Verhoeven without a valid reason. And root against him.

I do like bas and moussasi

Pereira is popular with casuals. Casuals don't know who Hill is.

Simple

Hill swaggerjacked Jon Jones walkout song "the champ is here"

Would have been a factor on why he got booed

Are you a Liberal Arts major or just autistic?

Man you don't want to go there.
Sit and learn quietly like a good boy next time, or write something that makes you sound like you've got all chromosomes there, at least.

In combat sports, people want to watch the aggressor, the knockout artist.

The reason smaller countries are so nationalistic about sports is top athletes from their country is rare thus its a special thing. If an American didn't win shit for decades it'd be different.

Americans aren’t as territorial about sports as other countries are. Especially non team sports.

Back