How would you react to this aggressive sales tactic?

Totally unacceptable. Honestly when sales reps are overly pushy with me, they could offer me a million dollars to do business with them and I'd still say no out of spite.

That's fucked up. How anyone thinks that is going to lead to successful sales, is beyond me.

1) Plaster negative reviews all over the internet and social media

2) Call his boss

Find out where he lives and fuck him via uppercuts then fuck his with via sausage uppercuts to her vagina.

Honestly , I woulda just hung up on him and moved on with my day. He already wastes enough of my time at that point, no need for him to waste more.

I normally don't waste my time yelling or bitching at sales or customer service people, but this would probably be an exception. I'd honestly be pretty ticked and go directly to someone who mattered within the company.

i am surprised you even read the part in the mail where he said he was going to call you. when i see mail from a furniture company (unless i am in the market for it) i dont even glance at it. i just throw it away without looking.

if the guy had called me i would certainly have been pissed. i would have told him i dont read my junk mail and yes, i would definitely been giving a bad review on Yelp! thats how i roll

Honestly , I woulda just hung up on him and moved on with my day. He already wastes enough of my time at that point, no need for him to waste more.
generally my approach.

Had the secretary not told him i was in a meeting and he told her we had a scheduled call, so she would pull me out, I would have taken that approach. But I thought that this required, at a minimum him being made aware that his tactic was not appropriate. At most maybe a call to his boss.

Post their company phone number on a free phone sex ad.

Since the secretary told him I was in a meeting and he said he we had a scheduled call which she then came and got me out of, i wanted him to know how improper that was.

Secretary needs more training.

I'd call the furniture place and get that asshole fired.

I would track him down and find out where he lives. Then, I would have a bomb planted on his vehicle so that the next time he drives, kaboom.

You missed out on a sweet ottoman bro.

That guy showed up to my work and sold me one on a great deal out of the back of his primered Isuzu pickup.

Also what a shitty secretary, lol.

"Hello, Mr. McMann's office?"
"Yes, I have a 10AM call scheduled for Mr. McMann."
"Oh, okay. Hold on."

Literally retarded

"Flustered I immediately tell him I do not appreciate this tactic"

I don't understand why people engage sales calls this way. Like they give a fuck about what you appreciate. Just hang up.

tenor.gif

I received an unsolicited piece of mail from a furniture company a week back and in it the sales person says "I have set aside next Tuesday at 10am to speak to you about our offerings and will be calling you to discuss".

I never paid attention to it as I had never met or talked to this sales, rep nor their company and was not looking for office furniture.

Anyway I forget it about and on Tuesday this week our office secretary comes and interrupts us in an internal meeting telling me that my 10am Call that I had scheduled is on hold. I have no recollection of setting up a call but do not want to leave someone hanging if I did so I excuse myself. When i take the call it is the furniture guy. Flustered I immediately tell him I do not appreciate this tactic and he should not have told the secretary I had scheduled this call when I did not. I state I find this approach very unprofessional and do not appreciate it.

He immediately gets defensive and states he notified me he would be calling and at this time and if I did not want to speak then I should have contacted him back and let him know.

I told him I am under no obligation to reply in any manner to any of the unsolicited mail, emails or calls I get and that there should be no assumption that anyone needs to call you back to tell you they are not interested. I told him his approach was presumptive and obnoxious.

He then said 'he respects my opinion but I am wrong' and then hung up.

What say you sherbro's? Is this type of sales approach acceptable? I literally get dozens of unsolicited contacts a week. Should they all take this tact it cold require me spending hours a week contacting them to say I am not interested and to cancel the expected call.

I was going to fill the phone receiver with upper cuts had he not hung up on me.

I would be pissed. I wouldn't have gone on a shooting rampage but I'd have told him to fuck off.

It is a sneaky and disrespectful tactic. Unfortunately we currently live in a world where little fucktards can do whatever they want because there is no consequence for their action. For example, if you went down to the store and confronted the salesman, he'd likely call the cops. That cocksucker is allowed to bother you at work but you can't do the same to him.

This whole "living without consequences" lifestyle/culture that we have is ruining us. There is no such thing as respect or common courtesy. Take the church out of people's lives and the golden rule disappears.

I get a lot of email like this. "I have set up an appointment for Wed. at 10am to discuss your companies cloud computing needs".

Just ignore them.

Cold calls on teh phone are infuriating. If I don't recognize the number i don't even pick up.

Back