• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How would you react to this aggressive sales tactic?

i thought about calling the guys boss but m'eh I don't want to get him fired over this. Maybe he gets the hint and changes his way otherwise I am sure someone will call his boss.

Ya unfortunately my contact info (name, email and company address) is all over the web since our company is quasi public and we have investors, and the Board feels we need that type of transparency. So I get tons of unsolicited emails and contact attempts as I am sure the internet Spiders have all combed my info and sold it to the various data bases.

I would doubt that this guy will be fired over it. My guess is this tactic is company policy.

You need to call his boss or someone higher up, outline exactly what happened and how he disturbed you in an important meeting and disrupted your work.

And you nor anyone you associate with will ever do business with them.

It is your moral imperative to do so to help others not get drug out of meetings for bs like this.
This is the guy and his boss on the left. He rents the office/storage unit by the week and will call you slime for crying instead of making sales
335501.jpg

Since the aggressive sales guy works at a furniture store I think the appropriate action to take here is to beat his ass with Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Like someone else mentioned, I'm surprised you bothered reading the mail anyway...

I received an unsolicited piece of mail from a furniture company a week back and in it the sales person says "I have set aside next Tuesday at 10am to speak to you about our offerings and will be calling you to discuss".

I never paid attention to it as I had never met or talked to this sales, rep nor their company and was not looking for office furniture.

Anyway I forget it about and on Tuesday this week our office secretary comes and interrupts us in an internal meeting telling me that my 10am Call that I had scheduled is on hold. I have no recollection of setting up a call but do not want to leave someone hanging if I did so I excuse myself. When i take the call it is the furniture guy. Flustered I immediately tell him I do not appreciate this tactic and he should not have told the secretary I had scheduled this call when I did not. I state I find this approach very unprofessional and do not appreciate it.

He immediately gets defensive and states he notified me he would be calling and at this time and if I did not want to speak then I should have contacted him back and let him know.

I told him I am under no obligation to reply in any manner to any of the unsolicited mail, emails or calls I get and that there should be no assumption that anyone needs to call you back to tell you they are not interested. I told him his approach was presumptive and obnoxious.

He then said 'he respects my opinion but I am wrong' and then hung up.

What say you sherbro's? Is this type of sales approach acceptable? I literally get dozens of unsolicited contacts a week. Should they all take this tact it cold require me spending hours a week contacting them to say I am not interested and to cancel the expected call.

I was going to fill the phone receiver with upper cuts had he not hung up on me.
The man is a go getter.
I always respect someone like that. Didn't want to talk to him but you still ended up talking to him.
Respect to the salesman.

I think it's a shitty sales tactic, and i would have been annoyed had it pulled me out of a meeting.
I would have let it go and just left it at "he got me...fair play", but the dude tried to argue with you and tell you you're wrong. That would have pissed me off.
He should have just sorry and hung up. Getting the attitude would assure i would never do business at his shop, and i would tell others not to as well if somehow it came up in conversation.

If i had the time and was bored enough, id probably think of a way to fuck with him. Maybe post up his number on some troll website and have them jam up his phones for a while

Just hangup... that's what I would have done. I'm surprised you even talked to the guy.

The man is a go getter.
I always respect someone like that. Didn't want to talk to him but you still ended up talking to him.
Respect to the salesman.
you can respect his desire to get a hopeful client on the phone but also see that his tactic might not be acceptable or long term positive for him.

I absolutely have and will continue to tell others about the terrible experience with him and his company and would never recommend them and would tell others, if asked, to look elsewhere. You can be an aggressive go getter without pissing off your target clientele.

you can respect his desire to get a hopeful client on the phone but also see that his tactic might not be acceptable or long term positive for him.

I absolutely have and will continue to tell others about the terrible experience with him and his company and would never recommend them and would tell others, if asked, to look elsewhere. You can be an aggressive go getter without pissing off your target clientele.
I think you're going to end up buying his furniture. Its like the girl that is so repulsed by the alpha jerk guy that she eventually fucks him. Haha

Screw that guy, that's a shitty tactic. The fact is though it's probably boiler plate strategy in that company. I get people all the time sending me email for crap like that, normally it starts out that they are "responding to my inquiry" which I never made. I delete those emails, sometimes they call usually a woman with a really sexy voice who is really flirty I'm tempted to mess with them but figure it's probably better not to and just hang up.

The one that I hated was the people that would call up saying they were from tech support for the printer and needed to verify the model and make number. Every once in awhile a new admin would get caught with this one, they'd tell the info the people would hang up and about a week or two later we'd get a box with toner or some shit with an invoice for quadruple what we normally pay for that stuff.

The other one I used to get a lot was someone calling me telling me they had a "football jersey" "fishing knife" or some other bullshit promotional item they wanted to "give me" if I made a purchase, again it would be something we'd usually use but for for times the normal price.

Here's one that's not sales related but is kind of funny and hopefully a cautionary tale for anyone if by chance it happens to you.- I was driving with a friend and he gets a phone call from a guy saying "hey, your brother was just in a car accident. We have him here with us, he asked us to call you" so my friend says "is Phillipe alright?" the guy says "yeah, Phillipe is right here, he's hurt but for now he's alright" I know something is up because this guy never mentioned a brother named Phillipe. So at this point the guy says "listen, your brother mouthed off to my brother and he beat him up really bad, he's got him tied to a chair and is pointing a gun at his head, so you better do what we say if you want to see him again" my friend says "listen, I'm going to tell you this one time and one time only, your brother doesn't have a hair on his ass if he doesn't pull that trigger right now you pussy" the guy starts freaking out, talking about how bad he and his brother are and that they are wanted men. My friend says "great, I'm a cop and I'm tracing your call" the guy hung up. Turns out that was the third time my friend has had similar fake calls like that.

Screw that guy, that's a shitty tactic. The fact is though it's probably boiler plate strategy in that company. I get people all the time sending me email for crap like that, normally it starts out that they are "responding to my inquiry" which I never made. I delete those emails, sometimes they call usually a woman with a really sexy voice who is really flirty I'm tempted to mess with them but figure it's probably better not to and just hang up.

The one that I hated was the people that would call up saying they were from tech support for the printer and needed to verify the model and make number. Every once in awhile a new admin would get caught with this one, they'd tell the info the people would hang up and about a week or two later we'd get a box with toner or some shit with an invoice for quadruple what we normally pay for that stuff.

The other one I used to get a lot was someone calling me telling me they had a "football jersey" "fishing knife" or some other bullshit promotional item they wanted to "give me" if I made a purchase, again it would be something we'd usually use but for for times the normal price.

Here's one that's not sales related but is kind of funny and hopefully a cautionary tale for anyone if by chance it happens to you.- I was driving with a friend and he gets a phone call from a guy saying "hey, your brother was just in a car accident. We have him here with us, he asked us to call you" so my friend says "is Phillipe alright?" the guy says "yeah, Phillipe is right here, he's hurt but for now he's alright" I know something is up because this guy never mentioned a brother named Phillipe. So at this point the guy says "listen, your brother mouthed off to my brother and he beat him up really bad, he's got him tied to a chair and is pointing a gun at his head, so you better do what we say if you want to see him again" my friend says "listen, I'm going to tell you this one time and one time only, your brother doesn't have a hair on his ass if he doesn't pull that trigger right now you pussy" the guy starts freaking out, talking about how bad he and his brother are and that they are wanted men. My friend says "great, I'm a cop and I'm tracing your call" the guy hung up. Turns out that was the third time my friend has had similar fake calls like that.
:eek:

Wow WTF.

Back