How would Tyrell Fortune do in the UFC?

manboy<3

Pathetic hater,MEGA shill
Banned
Reaction score
He would beat everyone in the top 5...anyone that thinks otherwise has no clue about the fight GAME

Last edited:
My man! .....you know the fight game!

But its Tyrell Fortune! And he has the best coaching in the game....

Rudy would KO most of the old UFCers and Tyrell made it look easy!

Tyrone fortune lmfao

Actually I think it's Tyrone Woodley.

Actually I think it's Tyrone Woodley.

giphy.gif

Fortune is impressive and a future title contender. However, I'm very uncomfortable with this fight on the weekend. In the week leading up to the fight, Schaffroth was being featured a lot on MMA media (always mentioning the fact he's a 'former training partner' - ahem......Hardy vs. Smolyakov sticks in the recent memory). Rudy was constantly mentioning "not wanting to fight Tyrell yet" and "wishing Bellator hadn't made this fight yet".

That sounds like (removing anything sinister), a man who believed he had lost before he even entered the cage. H edidnt even want to be there, nor did he believe he belonged in there.

I'll wait for Fortune to fight a talented prospect who genuinely wants to beat him, first.

He is a poors man Curtis Blaydes
Come at me bro!

BTW.. you are either his wife or his manager.. or Tyrone itself.

You vs @SUPERPREDAT0R (Ngannou shill) for the undisputed HW championship of Sherdog would be awesome.

He is a poors man Curtis Blaydes
Come at me bro!

BTW.. you are either his wife or his manager.. or Tyrone itself.

You vs @SUPERPREDAT0R (Ngannou shill) for the undisputed HW championship of Sherdog would be awesome.

Pretty sure I'd favor him over Blaydes even though that would be a huge step up.

Fortune looks to have the cleaner striking, wrestling accolades are better on Fortune. Blaydes has the advantage in just size/power and if he could get on top, stronger GnP imo.

So i'd take Fortune as I don't think Blaydes can take him down.

he could be the new DC, lets wait and see, each fight should be a step up from now on

He is probably the best wrestler in ALL of Heavyweight MMA! Only 28 yrs old and about 245 solid pounds. Very athletic and understands distance more than most MMA guys.

Both Bellator and UFC heavyweight is filled with old dinosaurs! UFC NEEDS Heavyweights bad!

Dana could be calling Tyrell Camp soon! $$$$

So, how does he do against guys like Derik Lewis, Volkov, Tuivasa, Walt Harris, Arloski, Hardy?

Personally he could walk in the top 20!

How long before Dana calls Tyrell camp? Very interesting!

I think his best leverage would be to get the bellator belt which he might be able to do in 1-2 years, then if there is interest from the UFC he can create a bidding war and get paid from either

Who knows, right now he's still fighting regional level talent. He's a talented HW wrestler but until you see him in there with some good HW who knows how good he is.

Think he just signed a new Bellator deal and also seems like he's not happy with his comp and his fight schedule. Time to start giving him some decent HW opponents.

Looking at the roster Bader/Kongo are booked. Sergei should fight Minakov for a title shot assuming Bader wins vs Kongo and defends his lHW belt next.

Mir/Nelson are booked. I doubt they'd book him vs Swagger or Mowry who is another unbeaten HW prospect.

Fedor/Rampage could be happening but either of them would be a big name to give Fortune.

Dont know what Wren is doing.

So that could leave Meathead. he's a name, good mid level HW who lost a few in a row, that would be a step up and a nice test for him.

But they'll probably given him Tim Johnson or something.

Bellator Heavyweights Justin Wren, Cheick Kongo, Bobby Lashley, Vitaly Minakov would be great obstacles for him to beat right now. Sergei Kharitonov veteran experience would be puzzling to him right now. Not bad for those experienced heavyweights to be ahead of him this early in the game. Now for your question about the UFC, Daniel Cormier is a wrestler, who doesn't really like using his advantage in wrestling, Tyrell Fortune takes Francis Nganou down often and negates anything Nganou has to offer. Tyrell Fortune out grapples Derrick Lewis much like Tony Johnson did to him in Bellator. Tyrell Fortune gets inside of Stipe, Stipe is going to get out grappled. JDS has great take down defense, so not sure how that fight goes. Overeem veteran experience would be challenging. Tyrell Fortune easily out grapples Curtis Blaydes.Fortune's toughest UFC style match up would be JDS.

Last edited:
Really good insight Rodney! You defiantly know your style matchups. I agree with most of that.

I am sure Tyrell Camp has asked for Wren!

With both the eye test and the paper test, Fortune is a great prospect. However, he needs that step-up. He's only really fought middling sub-par to okay competition thus far in his career. There are so many things that can go wrong in MMA that it is best to be cautious when predicting that prospects will be the next big thing. I'd like to see him in with a guy like Big Country next. I think that is a reasonable measuring stick for Fortune at this time. I am very interested to see where he goes though, and he does look promising to say the least.

Back