How would Shogun\Machida 3 play out.

Jon Stark

King in the North
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think Machida would easily dispose of the fallen idol known as Shogun. Machida would likely end the fight via crane kick. What say you?

Machida's the better fighter, and maybe always was, but Shogun knows how to fight him and is a bad matchup so who knows?

If Shogun fights like he has his last few fights, Machida would take it fairly easily.

I think Shogun wins by KO/TKO. Machida is just not what he used to be. I find myself wanting to believe in him, but I just can't.

The way they both have changed, Machida KO easily. Shogun has gone down hill while machida hasnt gone down hill and maybe stayed the same. he is still very dangerous for anyone, and can close the distance fast. Shogun didnt beat up machida for 5 rounds like GSP/AS or Bendo (recently) dominates people. Shogun studied him and fought him for 5 rounds and got his timing right. He caught Machida coming in, it happens to the best, in the sport of MMA anyone can get caught with the little gloves we have.

Shogun is just not the same Shogun of old. I really do think Machida will win a 3rd fight. The same way I think Machida will beat Hendo. Even though Hendo and Machida are my 2 top active fighters. Machida to me is more dangerous. As long as Machida can keep the distance with his karate, he will tire out Hendo or catch him coming in. However, having said that, he needs to be VERY careful in the clinch, and with Hendo's huge right hand. The H Bomb can land on ANYONE, thats the one thing that scares me about this fight.

Shogun should retire, just like forrest, they just cant cut it anymore

Shogun won the first two fights (everybody knows the first fight was a robbery), what makes you think Machida will win the third?
Would love to see the fight, though, two great fighters and the chance for Shogun to silence als this BS about him beeing 'done' by knocking Machida out the second time.

I think Shogun wins by KO/TKO. Machida is just not what he used to be. I find myself wanting to believe in him, but I just can't.

Are you living in some sort of bizzaro world where Shogun and Machida have taken completely opposite career paths following Machida - Shogun 2?

The last time Shogun fought with anything that had even a semblance of what could be considered a "game plan" was Machida - Shogun 2.

Since that fight, Shogun has fought like a punch drunk KO artist looking to cash in a few FOTN bonuses before his career's up, rather than a disciplined MMA fighter focused on reclaiming his belt.

Machida, meanwhile, has continued to look exactly like the same guy he always has.

Are you living in some sort of bizzaro world where Shogun and Machida have taken completely opposite career paths following Machida - Shogun 2?

The last time Shogun fought with anything that had even a semblance of what could be considered a "game plan" was Machida - Shogun 2.

Since that fight, Shogun has fought like a punch drunk KO artist looking to cash in a few FOTN bonuses before his career's up, rather than a disciplined MMA fighter focused on reclaiming his belt.

Machida's last five:

Shogun - L
Rampage - L
Randy - W
Jones - L
Bader - W

Maybe Lyoto should beat someone of note before we begin speculating how he'd do against the top tier? He only won the belt because Rampage was nice enough to hand it over to Forrest and Rashad was there right in time to collect the prize.

Unfortunately I agree. Machida's body is holding up far better from injuries.

Back