How would 1 or 2 drinks affect the fighters performance?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Even after many years some fighters still get too nervous and emotional while in the octagon . I took a look at the Usada athlete guide to prohibited substances and noticed that it´s allowed to fight while on alcohol effects and the limit is very fucking high, actually.... obviously a totally drunk fighter wouldn´t be able to stay on his feet, but how would 1 beer, maybe two affect some fighters performance? Would it help him fell more relaxed and creative and bold? I'm not a pro fighter, but I have been able to train and sparr very hard and do everything else in training while high and after drinking (1 beer usually) and felt great (I would smoke one and drink a beer before almost every class and I can´t even stand that much alcohol. Go ahead and troll me all you want, but again, I´m not talking about drinking a whole bottle of tequila, just a beer or 2. I can imagine Cerrone or Diaz coming in to a fight with a few drinks. What do you guys think?cerrone.jpg nate-diaz-tequila.jpg

f6c26bf40378d8611432ccb3451c6037.jpg

Alcohol is a depressant. It seems unlikely to be helpful if you need your body to be in top condition.

I doubt Nate Diaz even drink that much, hes into that organic/veggies life style.

depends on you're tolerance. 1 or 2 beers can get a buzz on someone that doesn't drink too much. If I drink 1 or 2 beers, it makes absolutely no difference at all.

Cowboy has said he and some guys have done some drunk sparring from time to time. Didn't really go into details about how it affected the outcome. .
ive never done it because I dont wamt to puke in the ring...but I imagine any positive effects of it would wear off midway through the first round

depends on you're tolerance. 1 or 2 beers can get a buzz on someone that doesn't drink too much. If I drink 1 or 2 beers, it makes absolutely no difference at all.
Exactly, man. I think it can help you loosen up a bit, some fighters just seem very stiff out there, I think a lot is due to the pressure.

Cowboy has said he and some guys have done some drunk sparring from time to time. Didn't really go into details about how it affected the outcome. .
ive never done it because I dont wamt to puke in the ring...but I imagine any positive effects of it would wear off midway through the first round
I can tell you it´s all about the relaxation and the joy.... it´s all about "not doing too much thinking" and let things go. I don´t know if you play any musical instruments, but I also play the drums, and basically it affects the overall creativity.

I doubt it would be beneficial for long enough to make a difference if you actually could derive any benefits from it.

Chuck was out to 3am the morning of the Jardine fight.

legend has it, it makes you more nimble...
giphy.gif
Perfect buddy! lol!!!! Have you ever seen this scene?? Best ever. No stunt either. Jackie is the man!Not trying to compare or anything, but if any fighter in the UFC roaster could do even 10% of what Jackie does in this scene, I´d be impressed.

I doubt it would be beneficial for long enough to make a difference if you actually could derive any benefits from it.
I guess what you mean is probably the adrenaline rush would overwhelm the alcohol feeling, right?

Perfect buddy! lol!!!! Have you ever seen this scene?? Best ever. No stunt either. Jackie is the man!

Nah I haven't seen the second movie, only the first. And I still haven't seen the scene you posted, because as soon as I hit play, it told me that Mirimax blocked it haha. Cheers.

Nah I haven't seen the second movie, only the first. And I still haven't seen the scene you posted, because as soon as I hit play, it told me that Mirimax blocked it haha. Cheers.
if you want to see some bad ass scene just youtube "drunken masters 2".... it´s the 8:47 min scene. Cheers.

Back