How would 1 or 2 drinks affect the fighters performance?

I had two pints of cider with lunch yesterday (Perks of being self employed) and was about to neck number three when my girlfriend reminded me it was Wednesday and I had boxing then K1 classes in about an hour. During the warm up for the first class I was on the verge of bringing everything back up. Not pleasant.

giphy.gif

These sons of bitches waste a lot of beer

Son's of bitches, I will make them humble!

I have a Guatemalan friend who drinks "normally" but who gets really buzzed after a beer, drunk after two and pukes all over the place after three. He actually enjoys the fact that he can get shit-faced at will for dirt cheap.
The getting drunk cheap part is cool, never being to participate in a drinking game would suck though.

I heard stories about fighters taking cocaine before fights in some local bush league MMA. I also remember some football hooligans who used to train at the same gym who told me that they always took cocaine before their fights.

I guess cocaine would give you all the positive effects of alcohol (confidence) without the negative ones (slower reflexes, lack of concentration). Never tried it so I wouldn't know for sure.

It also depends if your body is used to booze, some people can drink quite a bit of drinks while still being "functional" while others will go crazy after a beer.

Chuck was out to 3am the morning of the Jardine fight.

I've read this before, source though?

To the TS, it would absolutely have a terrible effect on performance. No doubt in my mind.

Chuck was out to 3am the morning of the Jardine fight.
That explains his absolutely horrendous performance in that fight. People were KO'ing Jardine left and right and Chuck goes in and loses a fucking decision in a fight where he looked like some lazy fuck just rolled out of his backyard hammock and into the cage.

Only after a certain threshold does it act a depressant. Low levels act as a stimulant.
Interesting. I am not denying there may be overall health benefits to a beer a day, for example, but the above is not something I had ever heard about alcohol. Do you have a source for this?

I've read this before, source though?

To the TS, it would absolutely have a terrible effect on performance. No doubt in my mind.

I believe Rogan said he saw him in a late night diner and couldn't believe he was there.

Interesting. I am not denying there may be overall health benefits to a beer a day, for example, but the above is not something I had ever heard about alcohol. Do you have a source for this?

Google? Or just have a drink dude.

Seriously, WTF?

The logical explanation is that you are a minor and have never actually consumed any alcohol.

I can only speak for myself, but a few six packs makes me a lousy fighter, but one hell of a lover.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn9923-glossary-drugs-and-alcohol/

"At low doses (5 milligrams per 100 millilitres of blood), alcohol sensitises NMDA receptors in the brain, making them more responsive to the excitatory neurotransmitter glutamate, so boosting brain activity. These effects are most pronounced in areas associated with thinking, memory and pleasure. At higher doses it desensitises the same receptors and also activates the inhibitory GABA system."

Prohibited substances
  • Use of prohibited substances: The use of any illegal drug, narcotic, stimulant, depressant, or analgesic of any description, or alcohol substance, by a contestant either before or during a match, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the contestant from the match and disciplinary action in accordance with the commission licensing the contest.

"Ethanol is a biphasic drug: low doses have a different effect to high doses. Small amounts of alcohol (one or two drinks) act as a stimulant, reducing inhibition and producing feelings of mild euphoria. Higher doses depress the central nervous system, initially producing relaxation but then leading to drunkenness – characterised by poor coordination, memory loss, cognitive impairment and blurred vision. Very high doses cause vomiting, coma and death through respiratory failure. The fatal dose varies but is somewhere around 500 milligrams of ethanol per 100 millilitres of blood."

Biggest problem I would have is if i have a couple of beers i immediately have to pee constantly...

(thats in britain where our beers are a proper size, none of these pissy american half pints)

Lavar johnson said he always had to have 2 beers pre fight to calm his nerves but then you had shonie carter coming in wasted against nate quarry so it all depends on how much you have ...then theres tank abbott having a swig of vodka in his corner

I thought any alcohol is banned and tested for pre fight?

Prohibited substances
  • Use of prohibited substances: The use of any illegal drug, narcotic, stimulant, depressant, or analgesic of any description, or alcohol substance, by a contestant either before or during a match, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the contestant from the match and disciplinary action in accordance with the commission licensing the contest.

There it is.

Google? Or just have a drink dude.

Seriously, WTF?

The logical explanation is that you are a minor and have never actually consumed any alcohol.
LOL go bro science! I've drunk more beer in the past month than you've had birthdays. If you want to make a claim open to scientific verification it's on you to provide a source or GTFO.
Edit
read posts in order and just saw:

"Ethanol is a biphasic drug: low doses have a different effect to high doses. Small amounts of alcohol (one or two drinks) act as a stimulant, reducing inhibition and producing feelings of mild euphoria. Higher doses depress the central nervous system, initially producing relaxation but then leading to drunkenness – characterised by poor coordination, memory loss, cognitive impairment and blurred vision. Very high doses cause vomiting, coma and death through respiratory failure. The fatal dose varies but is somewhere around 500 milligrams of ethanol per 100 millilitres of blood."

LOL go bro science! I've drunk more beer in the past month than you've had birthdays. If you want to make a claim open to scientific verification it's on you to provide a source or GTFO.
Edit
read posts in order and just saw:

How can someone who claims to have drunk so much beer not have a clue about it's effect. Do you really need a scientist to tell you what it does to you?

Biggest problem I would have is if i have a couple of beers i immediately have to pee constantly...

(thats in britain where our beers are a proper size, none of these pissy american half pints)

WTF are you chatting about? We have small servings in Britain.

WTF are you chatting about? We have small servings in Britain.

Well compared with europe..

We have pints 568ml
Europe have 300/500/1000 ml

Americans, they rarely venture over 330ml

Back