• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How will Trump supporters rationalize this?

Trump has on two different occasions (maybe more) said he wasnt in favor of deporting those who have been here for years and are not causing harm to this country i.e. DACA recipients

He appears to have lost Ann Coulter

But he's probably still got Alex Jones and Hannity, so all is not lost.

Shouldn't that be how all politicians should be? A la carte politics, to me, means common sense politics that aren't bound by the "rules" of whichever party you lean toward.
Ideally, yes.

Trump has on two different occasions (maybe more) said he wasnt in favor of deporting those who have been here for years and are not causing harm to this country i.e. DACA recipients
He'll say anything to any group if he knows it's what they want to hear.

What's wrong with that?

As long as we MAGA, I don't see a problem with it. We voted to MAGA.
you are more flexible than a 12 year old gymnast, it must be the daily yoga and gallons of cod liver oil

That's not what was done before him.
It sounds to me like there will at minimum be more border security and the democrats will ok that. So that's better than the way the Obama administration handled it.

It's tough to get the leftists to approve more border security, the leftists create sanctuary cities for the illegals.

Obama deported more illegals than the administration before him, so yes in essence he is continuing the policies of the past administrations. We have yet to see what "more border security" means when no details have emerged yet.

Trump is going on hard on illegal immigration. DACA recipients didn't choose to immigrate here and now, under the law, they're not illegal.

Some of you are dumb as shit... You just don't get it.

These people came as children, they know nothing about their countries of birth. A decade of Democrats did NOTHING FOR THEM.

Trump will be the one to legalize these 800,000 who reside in heavily blue states.

He looks like a hero by not deporting actually quantifiable, awesome immigrants with jobs who work hard and he will probably get them their citizenship too. BAM, there's almost 1 million votes in heavily BLUE states.

The victory here is 3 fold.
--He leverages this against the dems and gets them to give him something in return.
--He gains support from citizens of both parties, he looks compassionate and gains votes.
--He gains moral leverage to deport illegals who crossed as adults.

You guys just don't get it. The reason people go along with him is because what he says and does, actually makes a lot of fucking sense.

You'll all still be baffled after he crushes the 2020 election...

I'm a huge fan of people like you that start off a post belittling people and then following up that insult with just pure bullshit and being the exact person you are calling out as "People who just don't get it"

Some of you are dumb as shit... You just don't get it.

These people came as children, they know nothing about their countries of birth. A decade of Democrats did NOTHING FOR THEM.

Sorry my friend but it was 2 years under Democrats and 6 years under an obstructionist Republican controlled House and Senate.

Against DACA as it currentyly stands.

But you helpfully articulated the *reason* for your opposition to DACA:

"Why? Because they are competing directly with us and are supplanting us and our position in this country. They are making gains and taking ground not just from white society but from us as well."

You didn't say you had a procedural objection; you said that you didn't want them here because they were competing and winning against you. Your flip-flop very clearly shows that you didn't believe what you were saying: you're just starting out with "whatever Trump does = good" and then rationalizing from there rather than having any beliefs about principle or policy. I don't see how you can deny that you were completely busted. But there is an upside to that: as long as Trump does what smarter people want him to do (Democrats in this case), you're OK. So, you know,welcome to the good side, TCK.

"Why? Because they are competing directly with us and are supplanting us and our position in this country. They are making gains and taking ground not just from white society but from us as well."

You didn't say you had a procedural objection; you said that you didn't want them here because they were competing and winning against you. Your flip-flop very clearly shows that you didn't believe what you were saying: you're just starting out with "whatever Trump does = good" and then rationalizing from there rather than having any beliefs about principle or policy. I don't see how you can deny that you were completely busted. But there is an upside to that: as long as Trump does what smarter people want him to do (Democrats in this case), you're OK. So, you know,welcome to the good side, TCK.

dhMeAzK.gif

They will find a way to agree with it, and say that is how they felt all along.

Honestly, this is about what I expected. My hope was that a political outsider could step outside party lines. I never truly expected most of his more controversial policies to actually come to fruition and I said as much multiple times pre election.

This is Trump playing the game exactly like he said he would. He's a dealmaker and when you negotiate, you start high. High for Trump was sweeping deportation. The left said no deportation. Now here we are meeting in the middle.

This is a good thing and I hope we see more of this.

I'd like to offer a democratic welcome basket to all the new Trump supporters who just realized they are democrats by supporting the DACA and budget plans Schumer and Pelosi made with Trump.

The basket includes a gift card for Whole Foods and a subscription to the New York Times.

Waiting for Trump to say one of the kids could have been his son.

Come on Rip someone pulled up 18 posts of you crapping on " Dreamers "

Have you no shame?
He's just a troll. A very dedicated, and impactful troll, but a troll nonetheless. Of course he has no shame. It's a fucking shtick.

<{dayum}>[<dunn]<{Heymansnicker}>

@TheComebackKid's OP saying "we should be against DACA" *just* dropped off the front page, and he's already flipped. These people have no principles at all. It's pure hatred driving their views.

Anyway, as long as Trump continues to show a willingness to bend the knee to Democrats, his presidency can avoid being a disaster going forward. Given that his supporters don't care about policy as long as the president has the correct letter next to his name, everyone can be happy. Go Trump.
*trolling

pure trolling driving their views.

He'll say anything to any group if he knows it's what they want to hear.

I know this sounds crazy but I think he was being genuine about it because he was saying it in front of people who were not agreeing with him. Its like if he was trying to talk some sense into them.

Honestly, this is about what I expected. My hope was that a political outsider could step outside party lines. I never truly expected most of his more controversial policies to actually come to fruition and I said as much multiple times pre election.

This is Trump playing the game exactly like he said he would. He's a dealmaker and when you negotiate, you start high. High for Trump was sweeping deportation. The left said no deportation. Now here we are meeting in the middle.

This is a good thing and I hope we see more of this.

I completely agree that he has made a few very level-headed deals lately, or at least hinted at them. I think part of where Trump actually be successful is if he ignores the Republican and Democratic party agendas and just focuses on things that actually make sense for the most people. I'm sure there are Trump supporters who feel that way too.

I'm referring to the other large group of posters here who change their views anytime he does. Ripskater called dreamers rapists, rioters, murderers, and people who urinate on children. Now he's perfectly okay with them because Trump is "maga" or something. He's a troll, but there are others. There are a lot of weird people on here.

Back