• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How will Trump supporters rationalize this?

A thousand points of deflection, the post
As you like it. I never heard any of you upset about "monsters" in office between Bush and Trump. Suddenly you care. Trump is an asshat for the DACA move and I never supported it - hell, I never supported him - but don't pretend to me like you suddenly give a shit about "monsters" in office. That claim falls on deaf ears after your mute period during the last administration.

Why would anyone be against the wall? It virtually costs nothing compared to what it gains us. And it stops illegal immigration. Plus it is a long term investment. So why is anyone opposed to it?

As far as DACA goes, I'd like each illegal to be vetted. If they are a low life bum then send em out. If they are actually contributing to society, paying taxes, etc., then let them stay.

There appears to be no position he won't generously take many sides of, many sides

I agree mate, his brain seems legitimately broken. It's like he has epilepsy or something else equally debilitating.

Some of you are dumb as shit... You just don't get it.

These people came as children, they know nothing about their countries of birth. A decade of Democrats did NOTHING FOR THEM.

Trump will be the one to legalize these 800,000 who reside in heavily blue states.

He looks like a hero by not deporting actually quantifiable, awesome immigrants with jobs who work hard and he will probably get them their citizenship too. BAM, there's almost 1 million votes in heavily BLUE states.

The victory here is 3 fold.
--He leverages this against the dems and gets them to give him something in return.
--He gains support from citizens of both parties, he looks compassionate and gains votes.
--He gains moral leverage to deport illegals who crossed as adults.

You guys just don't get it. The reason people go along with him is because what he says and does, actually makes a lot of fucking sense.

You'll all still be baffled after he crushes the 2020 election...
BOOM. Great post.

He's not hillary so i'm instantly happy with whatever he tweets.

I could understand the term more if it were applied less selectively. Our last two presidents signed off on things which should have had them labeled monsters well ahead of this, between bombings and drone strikes which have significant, recorded, civilian tolls - and doing so for years on end. After 8 years of praising a man who was cavalier about a few kids getting killed in the mix, I have trouble taking this declaration of "monster" seriously.

Cavalier? Please illustrate.

You're also ignore the fact that collateral damage happens in every war and it is inevitable. That is coming from many people in the military. It's a very ugly fact of war.

In my mind, you have to be a monster to be a president.

The term is ok if we apply it to everyone? Boy, that makes zero sense. And your criticism of my use of the word seems bizarre now that you think they're all monsters.

The success of America relies on you signing off on abhorrent things. What chaps my ass is when only the other guy gets held to this moralizing standard, whereas for our guy, he gets a few thousand civilian deaths for free as he rules with a pen and phone from a cushy chair in Washington.

This strikes me as something beneath you quite frankly. It sounds like you're saying there is no moral standards that we should hold our presidents to and your rational is that innocent people die in war zones. I couldn't disagree more strongly. We must hold our leaders to moral standards or we end up with leaders that are truly monsters.

Trump is a monster? I didn't seem to upset you so much when our last baby killer was in office and you were singing his praises. Nw, get rationalizing... Sure our guy killed children, but at least he didn't deport them...
You're using a choice of a word to avoid the fact that you expected the left to applause Trump for changing his awful initial comments. And you have the nerve to say others are partisan?

The a la carte politics of Trump.

Shouldn't that be how all politicians should be? A la carte politics, to me, means common sense politics that aren't bound by the "rules" of whichever party you lean toward.

They will find a way to agree with it, and say that is how they felt all along.

I think the unifying factor of Trump supporters is not Trump's policies, it is finding and unifying against an enemy they all agree on. First it was Obama, then all of the Republican candidates, then Clinton, and now "leftists" in general.

There does not seem to be any agreement amongst them on what the policies should be, because Trump had no idea how he felt about most things throughout the election. He had very few plans on how to accomplish anything, and seemed to change his mind a lot. He often just said people would be "very happy" and you "believe" him. They did, I guess. So Trump basically does and says whatever he wants now, and they can still rally around winning the election and attacking their common enemies.
There isn't any agreement about what a leftist is either.

What's wrong with that?

As long as we MAGA, I don't see a problem with it. We voted to MAGA.
No, you voted to kick out all the illegals and build a wall. You voted to toss out all nuance and substance from every discussion and elect a TV personality who flip flops more than every other politician put together because he is not vested in any policy.

That Trump finds it easier to work with democrats than the republicans who are supposed to be on his side shows how ridiculous the people you voted for are.

The irony...[snip] devoid of any discussion of immigration policy and instead are just rallying against "The Left", who are malleable enough to be whatever you hate. You are projecting.
Sounds about right... I mean alt-right.

Why would anyone be against the wall? It virtually costs nothing compared to what it gains us. And it stops illegal immigration. Plus it is a long term investment. So why is anyone opposed to it?

As far as DACA goes, I'd like each illegal to be vetted. If they are a low life bum then send em out. If they are actually contributing to society, paying taxes, etc., then let them stay.
Let's hope that wall falls from from fucking sky, or we'll pay for it, as surely as politicians make easy promises

No, you voted to kick out all the illegals and build a wall. You voted to toss out all nuance and substance from every discussion and elect a TV personality who flip flops more than every other politician put together because he is not vested in any policy.

That Trump finds it easier to work with democrats than the republicans who are supposed to be on his side shows how ridiculous the people you voted for are.
I disagree, I voted for MAGA. And I thought Trump was the man that could help this country.

Some of you are just bitter right now.

The last estimates have the wall costing $30b; on top of that you'll have maintenance and upkeep. All the while the majority of illegals now come via overstaying proper visas.

The cheapest way to eliminate illegals is to mandate e-verify and fine the crap out of companies that hire them. Then allow/require the IRS to cross reference with the SSA. All of that would cost significantly less - most of the systems are already in place.

So it sounds like you want to spend/borrow $30+b on a problem that has hundred thousand dollar solution. Hey, but I'm just a random WR poster so what do I know.

I disagree, I voted for MAGA. And I thought Trump was the man that could help this country.

I'm not bitter. I'm realistic. Trump's campaign was founded on the wall and illegal immigration. After that it maybe it was all lies and pandering but not for a second did anyone who ever supported Trump during the election appear to think the wall or dealing with illegals was something he was "just saying."

I'm happy he is working with the democrats so at least for a little while your legislature can get some work done running the country instead of waving their dicks at each other, so this is not a complaint. It's just the truth. Best of luck. Good things are happening because Trump is finding common ground with the Dems and his party is letting him. I wonder how long that will last.

I am also happy to see Trump has become bored with hearing people bad mouth all his decisions and that he enjoyed the praise when he recruited the Dems to raise the debt ceiling. At this rate it could be the Republicans who are lame ducks by Christmas. What a present that would be. I'm going to be extra good and write to Santa this year, I think.

Edit: I want to say, my fear of a Trump presidency was for reasons that have mostly come true, e.g. rolling back environmental protections, voters rights, and I could go on, because Canada has a pretty vested interest in not wanting a president who is going to totally fuck up your country. But I like this new Trump who fired Steve Bannon and started crossing the isle to get things done. This is my kinda MAGA, frankly.

Last edited:

Come on Rip someone pulled up 18 posts of you crapping on " Dreamers "

Have you no shame?

Have you no shame?

@TheComebackKid's OP saying "we should be against DACA" *just* dropped off the front page, and he's already flipped. These people have no principles at all. It's pure hatred driving their views.

Anyway, as long as Trump continues to show a willingness to bend the knee to Democrats, his presidency can avoid being a disaster going forward. Given that his supporters don't care about policy as long as the president has the correct letter next to his name, everyone can be happy. Go Trump.

Have you no shame?

No, guys like him and TCK are the worst of the worst when it comes to trump bots. Truly robots that praise anything he does EVEN WHEN IT DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS WHAT THEY RECENTLY SAID. They have not integrity, dignity, or shame.

@TheComebackKid's OP saying "we should be against DACA" *just* dropped off the front page, and he's already flipped. These people have no principles at all. It's pure hatred driving their views.

Anyway, as long as Trump continues to show a willingness to bend the knee to Democrats, his presidency can avoid being a disaster going forward. Given that his supporters don't care about policy as long as the president has the correct letter next to his name, everyone can be happy. Go Trump.

Against DACA as it currentyly stands.

Democrats were a little slow to realize that if they just go in to a closed room, tell Trump how big his hands are and schmooze him a little, he'll just do whatever you want.

Back