How WILL Fedor do in current UFC HW Div.

Don't know. Will find out.

Money's on him to do fine though, considering he has wins over some of the top ranked guys.

Depends. If Strikeforce Fedor shows up, he probably wont do too well. But if a revitalized PRIDE Fedor shows up, UFC HWs in trouble.

He's 33 and been pro since 2001, young heavyweight you serious?

Yes, I'm absolutely serious. 33 is young for HW. Werdum just won the title at 37, Hunt is fucking 41. Arlovski and Mir are both having a career resurgence at 36 respectively.

Check your stat.

we should know after his first fight against a top20 guy

It's still the UFC HW division, it's not that thick with talent. After all these years, it still doesn't have what PRIDE had. It really comes down to how much has Fedor been training since his time off, and his adjustments to the cage.

I still thing the ring is far more entertaining for MMA. DREAM had it right, and I feel a big problem with MMA is the cage instead of the ring. The ring just makes for more exciting fights imo.

He's still the GOAT, no one has come close to his achievements. If Werdum is still champ in ten more fights than maybe (and I would love to see it) but his record speaks for itself, as well as his sheer dominance. There was a really good PRIDE documentary where a bunch of fighters talk about Fedor in sheer awe, even Randleman discussing his legendary slam and Fedor just saying "lol ready to tap yet?"

Honestly, there are quite a few MMA fans now who will talk shit about Fedor, and not to be the whole "you're not a real MMA fan if you're not a Fedor fan" but I have to question your reasons for following the sport, if you haven't seen his fights, go to a pawn shop and pick up some PRIDE event DVDs and watch them straight through. It was incredible, I remember when I first saw Fedor fight and was pissed he beat my favorite fighter at the time (Heath Herring) and wondered who the fuck this Russian dude was but his calm, his power, mystique, technique, and ability to win the fight no matter where he was. Just incredible to watch.

I'd love for him to come to the UFC, would easily be top 5 most exciting announcements in UFC history in my opinion.

I'm sure Fedor will pull off a retiring BJ Penn

I'm hoping for this:

n7724929_35076899_1235.jpg

But in reality:

FRqUV4G.gif

yes, i'm absolutely serious. 33 is young for hw. Werdum just won the title at 37, hunt is fucking 41. Arlovski and mir are both having a career resurgence at 36 respectively.

Check your stat.

because there are no young monsters like there were at the time when these guys were young.

What you are seeing isn't normal. What you are seeing just shows the toughness of old timers and lack of young hw beasts. Which is sad.

Considering most of his losses were to TRT... He'll avenge those..

I think he might make it to top ten but not much further... the game has changed.

That is certainly true. I can't say anything for Werdum but we all know Silva and Henderson were juiced.

Id like to see him fight brown pride and turn him into bloody pride like Werdum did. I dont think even sea level brown pride could whoop Fedor. Fedor would make him sea level bloody pride.

Depends. If Strikeforce Fedor shows up, he probably wont do too well. But if a revitalized PRIDE Fedor shows up, UFC HWs in trouble.

I always felt like he knew in Strikeforce that wasn't fighting the best of the best so maybe subconsciously he didn't bring his A game, but now he knows he will be fighting the best in the UFC so he knows only his best gives him a chance. I think he also feels if he lifts the UFC belt there is no doubt who the GOAT is. While I think the money is very important to him I do think his legacy is above that. Although its hard to tell with Fedor since he is always so indifferent lol :icon_neut

Wow TS, what a loaded question. I am a huge Fedor fan, yet I have no idea what kind of condition he will come back in. I will watch no doubt, but I will also be ready to cringe.

I think he beats at least half the top 10, HW is not a good division.

This is the top 10 according to Sherdog.

Werdum - 50/50 Werdum by submission or Fedor by TKO/decision, he just has to fight with the Big Nog 3 gameplan IMO.
Cain - 50/50 Cain either wins a decision or gets KOed or submitted.
JDS - I lean to Fedor winning this fight just cause JDS has massive holes in his game in his clinch game and ground game. 60/40 in favor of Fedor.
Miocic - Probable edge to Miocic, he's about as fast but has reach and size on Fedor while probably having a wrestling edge 65/35 in favor of Miocic.
Arlovski - I think Fedor beats him again, he will time a punch and finish him.
Browne - Similar to Rothwell.
Rothwell - Fedor wins this, Rothwell is just durable and hits hard.
Hunt - Fedor should win IMO he's faster and can mix up the strikes into clinch takedowns, can finish off his back or on top.
Overeem - Toss up fight Overeem is super well rounded but his cardio and chin could fail him again, Fedor is faster and a bit more well rounded, 50/50.
Mir - Fedor has better striking, is faster and has a much better clinch game, should win, 80/20 in favor of Fedor.

I personally don't think Fedor is much worse than he used to be, I think he was slacking on training between late 2007ish-2011, yes I realize the last 3 guys he fought weren't as good as the 3 he fought in Strikeforce but he also fought completely differently.

JDS absolutely obliterates him, worst possible match up for him at this point.
Cain pounds him out.
Overeem is 50/50 depending on if he fights smart or not.
Big Country is 50/50 because of the knockout threat.
Arlovski is 50/50
Stipe mostly likely beats him in an ugly fashion.

He beats Mir, Browne and Hunt and most likely beats Barnett.

I don't understand how anyone can say this with how bad JDS' clinch game and ground games are. Fedor is a bad match up for JDS not the other way around. How many HWs have elite kickboxing, are faster than JDS and have a much better clinch game and ground game?

I think at his best he can beat anyone in the top ten. But at their best, any of them can beat Fedor.

That being said, here would be my predictions as of the current top ten:

10 Frank Mir 20% vs. Fedor 80%
9 Alistair Overeem 40% vs. Fedor 60%
8. Mark Hunt 10% vs. Fedor 90%
7. Ben Rothwell 45% vs. Fedor 55%
6. Travis Browne 50% vs. Fedor 50%
5. Andrei Arlovski 40% vs. Fedor 60%
4. Stipe Miocic 55% vs. Fedor 45%
3. Junior Dos Santos 60% vs. Fedor 40%
2. Cain Velasquez 65% vs. Fedor 35%
1. Frabricio Werdum 55% vs. Fedor 45%

So I have him at 5 - 4 - 1 against the current top ten. But in terms of the ones where I predict he would lose, I still have him ranked high has possibly winning against Fabricio.

Probably PRETTY well I IMAGine. I'm thinking HE could take THE belT.

I think at his best he can beat anyone in the top ten. But at their best, any of them can beat Fedor.

That being said, here would be my predictions as of the current top ten:

10 Frank Mir 20% vs. Fedor 80%
9 Alistair Overeem 40% vs. Fedor 60%
8. Mark Hunt 10% vs. Fedor 90%
7. Ben Rothwell 45% vs. Fedor 55%
6. Travis Browne 50% vs. Fedor 50%
5. Andrei Arlovski 40% vs. Fedor 60%
4. Stipe Miocic 55% vs. Fedor 45%
3. Junior Dos Santos 60% vs. Fedor 40%

I 2. Cain Velasquez 65% vs. Fedor 35%
1. Frabricio Werdum 55% vs. Fedor 45%

So I have him at 5 - 4 - 1 against the current top ten. But in terms of the ones where I predict he would lose, I still have him ranked high has possibly winning against Fabricio.

agree with your assessment. That's kind of how I see it. However this is mma and one punch �� can change a lot.

It's still the UFC HW division, it's not that thick with talent. After all these years, it still doesn't have what PRIDE had. It really comes down to how much has Fedor been training since his time off, and his adjustments to the cage.

I still thing the ring is far more entertaining for MMA. DREAM had it right, and I feel a big problem with MMA is the cage instead of the ring. The ring just makes for more exciting fights imo.

He's still the GOAT, no one has come close to his achievements. If Werdum is still champ in ten more fights than maybe (and I would love to see it) but his record speaks for itself, as well as his sheer dominance. There was a really good PRIDE documentary where a bunch of fighters talk about Fedor in sheer awe, even Randleman discussing his legendary slam and Fedor just saying "lol ready to tap yet?"

Honestly, there are quite a few MMA fans now who will talk shit about Fedor, and not to be the whole "you're not a real MMA fan if you're not a Fedor fan" but I have to question your reasons for following the sport, if you haven't seen his fights, go to a pawn shop and pick up some PRIDE event DVDs and watch them straight through. It was incredible, I remember when I first saw Fedor fight and was pissed he beat my favorite fighter at the time (Heath Herring) and wondered who the fuck this Russian dude was but his calm, his power, mystique, technique, and ability to win the fight no matter where he was. Just incredible to watch.

I'd love for him to come to the UFC, would easily be top 5 most exciting announcements in UFC history in my opinion.

You're an idiot and your opinion doesn't count for dick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back