How WILL Fedor do in current UFC HW Div.

Cavar

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
With Fedor all but confirming that he will join the UFC in a Q&A at Northern Caucus the other day what impact do you think his coming to the UFC will have. Fedor acknowledged that he has received offers from UFC, Bellator, WSOF and a japanese promotion. But as we all know by now he has said that he wants to fight Werdum and he wants to face top 10 talent and they are all in the UFC. With the current lack of star power in UFC aside from Ronda and Connor, Fedor will be a good addition. He will certainly still put asses in seats. Aside from top 3-4 fighters the UFC HW division is relatively weak and very old with no new blood on the horizon. How well do you think Fedor will do when he comes over. Now I know the haters will say he is a can, but those same haters said that Arlovski was a can when Fedor beat him and Arlovski is a win away from a title shot. Personally I don't think Fedor is good enough to win the belt but I do think he would probably be 5th or 6th ranked HW. BUT what if Fedor comes back with a rejuvenated desire and OH MY wins the belt.....needless to say the internet would break AGAIN. Either way I am excited Fedor is back even though he is past his prime but it seems the current HW division is collectively past its prime. I think Randy might fancy himself another go :icon_chee

Last edited:
Not sure. But I'm fine with the idea of him laying waste to the division :)

It depends entirely on which version of Fedor enters the UFC.

Prime kettle-bell Fedor can beat any subpar athlete in the world - i.e. every MMA fighter in the UFC, Bellator, WSOF, KSW, M-1, you name it.

Current chubby Fedor is nothing but a giant question mark. He could give UFC HWs a run for their money or he could come back ala BJ vs. Frankie 3 and be in way over his head.

Either way the popcorn will taste good, and that's the most important thing.

That is definitely part of the intrigue and excitement for me at least. What kind of Fedor will we see? I have a feeling Fedor sees himself capable of taking the belt. I think UFC would give him a fast track to the title shot as well. And with the UFC planning to hit the Russian market, having a title fight in Russia with Fedor going for the belt would be very $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the UFC.

I think they'll give him a name fighter and I don't think he can beat any of the name fighters. It's not 2005.

I personally don't want to see Fedor in the UFC. He's not the juggernaught he once was and will obviously be competitive but I don't think he'll hold the belt. I'd hate to see Fedor as a "middle of the pack" heavyweight.

His top ten spot depends on who he beats in the top ten.

If there is one thing that is absolutely certain, it's that Fedor will smash Ronda.

And then Dana will bitch and whine when she's sidelined for nine months.

With Fedor all but confirming that he will join the UFC in a Q&A at Northern Caucus the other day what impact do you think his coming to the UFC will have. Fedor acknowledged that he has received offers from UFC, Bellator, WSOF and a japanese promotion. But as we all know by now he has said that he wants to fight Werdum and he wants to face top 10 talent and they are all in the UFC. With the current lack of star power in UFC aside from Ronda and Connor, Fedor will be a good addition. He will certainly still put asses in seats. Aside from top 3-4 fighters the UFC HW division is relatively weak and very old with no new blood on the horizon. How well do you think Fedor will do when he comes over. Now I know the haters will say he is a can, but those same haters said that Arlovski was a can when Fedor beat him and Arlovski is a win away from a title shot. Personally I don't think Fedor is good enough to win the belt but I do think he would probably be 5th or 6th ranked HW. BUT what if Fedor comes back with a rejuvenated desire and OH MY wins the belt.....needless to say the internet would break AGAIN. Either way I am excited Fedor is back even though he is past his prime but it seems the current HW division is collectively past its prime. I think Randy my fancy himself another go :icon_chee

Better than Mark Hunt has done.

I have absolutely no idea. He could lose to everybody he faces or he could contend for a title.

But of course, his age, and wear and tear have to be taken into consideration. That said, a lot of the top heavyweights are in the same situation, so it also depends a lot on how seriously he takes training to be a champion again.

Number of factors to consider. But I won't believe Fedor is fighting in the UFC until i actually see him walking to the cage. Been hearing these rumors many many many years.

only time will tell
i just hope he doesnt jump in the shark tank first fight i really dont

With Fedor I am happy to wait and see instead of speculating.
He's had time to take a break, heal up and train. I don't think anyone would be shocked if he climbed to the top of the mountain again. Surprised maybe, shocked hell no, especially not with how thin the HW division is.

Fedor was basically the original DC, he out wrestled the freak outta people much bigger than him his whole career while sporting a pudgy physique.

The sky is the limit but honestly I can't wait to see the last emperor return--no matter how successful the return is. It's a joy to watch him compete.

I think he has a few problems at the very top of the division, but overall I think he does pretty well.

Considering most of his losses were to TRT... He'll avenge those..

I think he might make it to top ten but not much further... the game has changed.

Back