How WILL Fedor do in current UFC HW Div.

Werdum and Cain beat him... I see him beating everyone e else unless he boxes with JDS

Considering most of his losses were to TRT... He'll avenge those..

I think he might make it to top ten but not much further... the game has changed.

I mean there is more parity at the top but it hasn't really changed that much. Sure there are new techniques to learn and defend but that is a matter of hitting the mats with a good team/training camp.

Werdum was around a while in Pride and the UFC before eventually knocking of Fedor in strikeforce--and he while he was elite he wasn't dominant. Considering they are roughly the same age I don't see why Fedor couldn't compete with the best if chin is still there and he is still in shape.

I am pretty certain he can be top ten or probably even five.

But who knows how he'll look after all this time off. It could've helped him to take time off, but more likely he has slowed down. Doesn't mean he can't beat people like nelson, hunt, mir ect. The division is pretty weak these days and it's a great opportunity for Fedor to try to make some waves in the divison as well as some serious cash.

only time will tell
i just hope he doesnt jump in the shark tank first fight i really dont

Fighters cannot jump sharks (Although Brock CAN F5 them but that is another matter and thread entirely) only shows can jump sharks. That and the Fonz.

Dude's been out for years and his physical shape was already deteriorated before he retired.

So basically top 5 heavyweight in the UFC these days.....

:icon_cheeWill crush everyone one by one.

It depends on whether it's going to be the more gameplan oriented Fedor from his most recent 3 fight winning streak or the slugger we saw in Strikeforce.

If the Fedor UFC negotiations fall through I will personally blame you TS for preemptively making this thread like a cocky bastard.

Fedor GOAT

Not sure. But I'm fine with the idea of him laying waste to the division :)

Yessssss. Open with a top 10 opponent, immediate title shot after, avenge loss to Werdum. 1 Defense. Retire relieving all doubt.

I personally don't want to see Fedor in the UFC. He's not the juggernaught he once was and will obviously be competitive but I don't think he'll hold the belt. I'd hate to see Fedor as a "middle of the pack" heavyweight.

Couldn't word it better

It depends entirely on which version of Fedor enters the UFC.

Prime kettle-bell Fedor can beat any subpar athlete in the world - i.e. every MMA fighter in the UFC, Bellator, WSOF, KSW, M-1, you name it.

Current chubby Fedor is nothing but a giant question mark. He could give UFC HWs a run for their money or he could come back ala BJ vs. Frankie 3 and be in way over his head.

Either way the popcorn will taste good, and that's the most important thing.

Pretty much this.

I hope he gets his game together and shows us what he's made of. At nearly 39, he's obviously out of his prime, but if he focuses on proper training and preparation, I think we could see a version of Fedor that's somewhere in between the two you just described - and that could very well lead to him holding the belt at some point, imo.

The division is pretty poor right now outside of the top 5 or so. He definitely cracks the top 10. Even if he comes in at 100%, the idea that a 38 year old man 6 years separated from his last top 10 win (legend though he may be), will walk into a cage carrying 3 years of ring rust and fight at an elite level is unthinkable to me.

He probably beats Mir, Nog, post TRT Bigfoot, Hunt, after that it gets pretty tough to pick him. If he comes in and gets an impressive win, his stock would rise with me quickly, but I don't think I could ever pick him to beat Werdum, Cain, or JDS.

With Fedor all but confirming that he will join the UFC in a Q&A at Northern Caucus the other day what impact do you think his coming to the UFC will have. Fedor acknowledged that he has received offers from UFC, Bellator, WSOF and a japanese promotion. But as we all know by now he has said that he wants to fight Werdum and he wants to face top 10 talent and they are all in the UFC. With the current lack of star power in UFC aside from Ronda and Connor, Fedor will be a good addition. He will certainly still put asses in seats. Aside from top 3-4 fighters the UFC HW division is relatively weak and very old with no new blood on the horizon. How well do you think Fedor will do when he comes over. Now I know the haters will say he is a can, but those same haters said that Arlovski was a can when Fedor beat him and Arlovski is a win away from a title shot. Personally I don't think Fedor is good enough to win the belt but I do think he would probably be 5th or 6th ranked HW. BUT what if Fedor comes back with a rejuvenated desire and OH MY wins the belt.....needless to say the internet would break AGAIN. Either way I am excited Fedor is back even though he is past his prime but it seems the current HW division is collectively past its prime. I think Randy my fancy himself another go :icon_chee

Fedor v. Murrr or Roy Nelson come to mind as fights that are safe and competitive. Wouldn't mind seeing Cormier v. Fedor either, if Cormier decides to move back to heavyweight after he gives Jones his title back.

JDS absolutely obliterates him, worst possible match up for him at this point.
Cain pounds him out.
Overeem is 50/50 depending on if he fights smart or not.
Big Country is 50/50 because of the knockout threat.
Arlovski is 50/50
Stipe mostly likely beats him in an ugly fashion.

He beats Mir, Browne and Hunt and most likely beats Barnett.

If Arlovski can come back and beat/KO top 10 fighters, why not Fedor?

It really depends on how well Fedor has kept up with his training during his retirement.

He's been out so long that we really have no idea. He's basically agreed to this himself, saying he should probably start with a tune-up fight so he can see where he's at.

40 or not, make no mistake about it, his first opponent will be very much afraid. It's fucking Fedor.

UberFedor destroys any man on the planet

Back