How well would Jon Jones do at heavyweight

tumblr_mp193bCmgV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Clearly rocked, as Jon said himself he was.

Keep up.

<JonesDXSuckIt>

He was falling back you fool. He was never rocked. I even showed you a clear gif, that it not getting rocked no matter how many times you say it.

Jon Jones has been hit with some deadly attacks which usually knocks out most fighters but he didn't even get rocked by it. He just blinks and continues fighting back like it's nothing.

Here are some example:

Jon Jones eats a nasty kick from Rashad evans.

eap3zp.jpg

Here Jon is eating DC’s dirty boxing, DC lands a couple of really solid clean uppercuts

giphy.gif

GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif

Eating a decent combination from Gustafasson

Wv7UkUD.gif

This is a bonus GIF of Jones’ defense against Glover’s combo:

BJqp.gif

I said it. Jon Jones has the best chin in MMA. Even superior to the Diaz brothers because he's never been rocked before when usually most fighters would get knocked out from these attacks.

1. Jon Jones has the highest fighting IQ in MMA history.
  2. He has the longest reach in MMA and knows how to utilize it.
  3. Incredible cardio and never gets tired.
  4. His chin is made of steel and has never been rocked before.
  5. Master of range, distance and pace control.
  6. Most well-rounded fighter and his clinch game is unbelievable.
It's really hard to bet on anyone against Jon Jones.

People are also forgetting that Jon Jones is very young and barely reached his prime. Overeem who is giant sparred a HW version of Jon Jones and got obliterated. He actually admitted this and called Jon Jones an animal at HW. Even his coach said he's a freaking beast at HW.

I mean look at this 240 athletic Jon Jones. I personally think he would dominate the division, easily.

jonny-bones-jones.jpg
Ditto

He would do great. He would have a number of interesting tests:

Cain
Stipe
JDS
Overeem
Werdum
Ngannou
DC

I mean they are all jizz worthy. But instead he is fighting absolute nobodies at LHW.
Would like to see him fight Cain or Stipe, I think he easily handles the rest of that list.

He's been fighting and training like a mad man for over 10 years now. At 31 years old, his prime has probably already past. He might still be the best fighter in the sport for another 5 years, but we've most likely seen the best version of him already. It would not surprise me if he started to decline some time in the next few years.

The sad truth is that MMA is a hard sport to stay dominant in when you have the type of miles that he's starting to build up. You can only get punched and kicked so many times before it starts to take it's toll, and drug testing is only going to get more strict as the sport moves forward. I'm sure he trains smarter than a lot of fighters did in the past, but it's just the nature of the sport. There will be a few bucks in the next 10 years that will show up. One of them will beat jones if he sticks around to fight them, and he will because guys with his type of mindset don't think they can lose until it happens.

We just saw the best version of Jon Jones after his last fight against Gustafsson. He looked unbelievable and put out the best performance. When he was talking to Rogan. He said he still feels like a baby in the sport and has a lot to learn which means he's not in his prime yet and has a lot to learn. We could potentially see his full potential in a few years at heavyweight maybe?

Werdum hits like a truck?

Wow

Then Stipe must hit like a space shuttle

I couldn't have been arsed specifying that Werdum on that list was the only one who didn't hit like a truck because I thought it would save time. Now you made me type a reply which ended up taking even more time...

Jon would @GetSmoked by stipe, Cain, Cormier, Werdum, perhaps volkov. Then you got ngannou and black beast who could sleep jones with one punch.
This clown really said Cormier...

and then black beast and volkov
{<jordan}<{MingNope}>

We just saw the best version of Jon Jones after his last fight against Gustafsson. He looked unbelievable and put out the best performance. When he was talking to Rogan. He said he still feels like a baby in the sport and has a lot to learn which means he's not in his prime yet and has a lot to learn. We could potentially see his full potential in a few years at heavyweight maybe?

He'll be saying that until the day he retires after a brutal loss just like every other fighter does.

Anyways, Jones looked like Jones, but we saw a much worse version of Gus for whatever reason IMO. Without drugs, Jones is going to start slowing down. It's just what happens after 30. That doesn't mean that he won't still be the champ in a few years, but if he actually stays clean, Jones isn't going to look the same at 35 as he does right now. Sherdog is notorious for being loaded with kids that don't understand that shit because they haven't started that journey yet. One day, Jones will wake up and not be able to do the things he once could, and he's at the age where that starts to happen unfortunately. Some fighters keep getting better into their 30's because their skills keep getting better and better like DC or chuck, but these guys didn't start competing in MMA a 20 either. Jones skills are about as good as they're going to get.

Theres a good reason he doesn't ..

Because he would get destroyed in his first fight. Anyone with power and speed would kill chicken legs .

He was falling back you fool. He was never rocked. I even showed you a clear gif, that it not getting rocked no matter how many times you say it.

Jon Jones has been hit with some deadly attacks which usually knocks out most fighters but he didn't even get rocked by it. He just blinks and continues fighting back like it's nothing.

Here are some example:

Jon Jones eats a nasty kick from Rashad evans.

eap3zp.jpg

Here Jon is eating DC’s dirty boxing, DC lands a couple of really solid clean uppercuts

giphy.gif

GleamingMedicalImpala-size_restricted.gif

Eating a decent combination from Gustafasson

Wv7UkUD.gif

This is a bonus GIF of Jones’ defense against Glover’s combo:

BJqp.gif

I said it. Jon Jones has the best chin in MMA. Even superior to the Diaz brothers because he's never been rocked before when usually most fighters would get knocked out from these attacks.

You forget hes powered by the ped .. People powered by the ped have unlimited chins

He hasn't wanted to try, but maybe you can PULSuade him.

I just want to see Jones pummel Cormier again and make Cormier cry on live PPV in front of his wife and kids again. That was SWEET!

He will finish Smith easily and has no business there anymore. He should move to HW and play with the overweights.

He would do great, Jones is so much more skillful than a part time fighter like Stipe. It would be an embarrassing mismatch. Many people consider Stipe to be a great HW, put him against Jones and it would be murder. Jones would beat the absolute shit out of him.

He would do great. He would have a number of interesting tests:

Cain
Stipe
JDS
Overeem
Werdum
Ngannou
DC

I mean they are all jizz worthy. But instead he is fighting absolute nobodies at LHW.
LOL after he runs through these guys it would just turn into "bunch of old,slow HWs on the verge of reirement, never that good, etc"
Plus he could never face all 7 in a row that alone would take a couple years

Current HW division he was destroy... the HW div of 5-6 years ago he would have troubles..might still get the strap though

LOL after he runs through these guys it would just turn into "bunch of old,slow HWs on the verge of reirement, never that good, etc"
Plus he could never face all 7 in a row that alone would take a couple years

You're right. He's much better fighting Smith, OSP, and all the hacks at LHW. My mistake.

Back