How well would Jon Jones do at heavyweight

GetSmoked

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
  1. Jon Jones has the highest fighting IQ in MMA history.
  2. He has the longest reach in MMA and knows how to utilize it.
  3. Incredible cardio and never gets tired.
  4. His chin is made of steel and has never been rocked before.
  5. Master of range, distance and pace control.
  6. Most well-rounded fighter and his clinch game is unbelievable.
It's really hard to bet on anyone against Jon Jones.

People are also forgetting that Jon Jones is very young and barely reached his prime. Overeem who is giant sparred a HW version of Jon Jones and got obliterated. He actually admitted this and called Jon Jones an animal at HW. Even his coach said he's a freaking beast at HW.

I mean look at this 240 athletic Jon Jones. I personally think he would dominate the division, easily.

jonny-bones-jones.jpg

Last edited:
We will never know because he is too scared to even try.

We will never know because he is too scared to even try.

You need to realize Jones offered to fight Stipe before DC knocked him out and Jones knocked DC out. Sadly, Dana white turned down the fight.

Here: https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/dana-w...-fight-for-heavyweight-title-at-ufc-196-61556

After Jon Jones whooped DC's ass. He called out the HW giant called Brock Lesnar (steroid king).

Here: http://www.sportbible.com/ufc/mma-n...uge-money-fight-against-brock-lesnar-20181229

Just recently he agreed to fight Daniel Cormier at HW if the money is right. He accepted Dana White offer and told him to bring out the checkbook. Here: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...ier-a-third-time-bring-out-the-checkbook-dana

Jon Jones was never scared to fight at HW. He can easily conquer the bum division, you guys just like to slander him because you hate on his greatness.

He would do great. He would have a number of interesting tests:

Cain
Stipe
JDS
Overeem
Werdum
Ngannou
DC

I mean they are all jizz worthy. But instead he is fighting absolute nobodies at LHW.

You need to realize Jones offered to fight Stipe before DC knocked him out and Jones knocked DC out. Sadly, Dana white turned down the fight.

Here: https://www.sportsjoe.ie/mma/dana-w...-fight-for-heavyweight-title-at-ufc-196-61556

After Jon Jones whooped DC's ass. He called out the HW giant called Brock Lesnar (steroid king).

Here: http://www.sportbible.com/ufc/mma-n...uge-money-fight-against-brock-lesnar-20181229

Just recently he agreed to fight Daniel Cormier at HW if the money is right. He accepted Dana White offer and told him to bring out the checkbook. Here: https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...ier-a-third-time-bring-out-the-checkbook-dana

Jon Jones was never scared to fight at HW. He can easily conquer the bum division, you guys just like to slander him because you hate on his greatness.
Take those balls outta your mouth and send me an email when Jones actually has a fight at HW.

Well enough to win the title and probably clear out the entire division. I honestly think most HW's would be a walk in the park for Jones.

He would do great. He would have a number of interesting tests:

Cain
Stipe
JDS
Overeem
Werdum
Ngannou
DC

I mean they are all jizz worthy. But instead he is fighting absolute nobodies at LHW.

Jon Jones has all the advantages. He's taller than all of them. He has the longest reach in MMA. He'll be a lot faster with better cardio and obviously more skilled and technical. I think he would beat them all.

Jon Jones has all the advantages. He's taller than all of them. He has the longest reach in MMA. He'll be a lot faster with better cardio and obviously more skilled and technical. I think he would beat them all.

He could do. He's not taller than all them. Ngannou, Overeem, JDS, Werdum and Stipe are all 6'4, 6'5. And hit like trucks. Makes a much better fight than the trash remaining at LHW.

1. Jon Jones has the highest fighting IQ in MMA history.
  2. Incredible cardio and never gets tired.
  3. His chin is made of steel and has never been rocked before.
  4. Master of range, distance and pace control.
  5. Most well-rounded fighter and his clinch game is unbelievable.
  1. No, Fedor does. Demetrious 2nd.
  2. True.
  3. Wrong, he admitted Machida rocked him. Gus also put him in hospital.
  4. He's pretty dang good at that stuff for sure.
  5. It's easy to look like the most well-rounded fighter in a division as abysmally shallow as LHW, but what the hell, it's not like HW is any deeper.

Jon would @GetSmoked by stipe, Cain, Cormier, Werdum, perhaps volkov. Then you got ngannou and black beast who could sleep jones with one punch.

People are also forgetting that Jon Jones is very young and barely reached his prime.

He's been fighting and training like a mad man for over 10 years now. At 31 years old, his prime has probably already past. He might still be the best fighter in the sport for another 5 years, but we've most likely seen the best version of him already. It would not surprise me if he started to decline some time in the next few years.

The sad truth is that MMA is a hard sport to stay dominant in when you have the type of miles that he's starting to build up. You can only get punched and kicked so many times before it starts to take it's toll, and drug testing is only going to get more strict as the sport moves forward. I'm sure he trains smarter than a lot of fighters did in the past, but it's just the nature of the sport. There will be a few bucks in the next 10 years that will show up. One of them will beat jones if he sticks around to fight them, and he will because guys with his type of mindset don't think they can lose until it happens.

Last edited:
Prime JDS would have fucked his face up. That's all I know these days.

1. No, Fedor does
  2. True
  3. Wrong, he admitted Machida rocked him
  4. He's pretty dang good at that stuff for sure
  5. It's easy to look like the most well-rounded fighter in a division as abysmally shallow as LHW, but what the hell, it's not like HW is any deeper

You fool! Machida never rocked him. He actually lost balance after the leg kick and ate those punches. Watch it carefully.

Here is Jones eating Lyoto Machida’s trademark flurry while throwing an outside low kick

tumblr_mp193bCmgV1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Fedor has higher fighting IQ than Jon Jones? Are you serious? After his last fight, it was confirmed he had the highest fighting IQ in MMA history. His rival was GSP, not Fedor.
<36>

Last edited:
Jones is too scared to fight at lhw. He has to take peds to ensure he wins.
How would he do at hw. how the hell would anyone know. we dont even know what he's like at lhw off the juice.
I think juiced jones does pretty well a hw. unjuiced. he probably gets tkod

Prime JDS would have fucked his face up. That's all I know these days.

Prime JDS got whooped by Overeem while Overeem got whooped by a HW version of Jon Jones during their sparring session after he was stripped for hit and run.

Last edited:
Back