How well do you handle losing?

My biggest flaw.

I hate losing more than just about anything. Doesn't matter at what either... Could be sports, games, etc. I'm far and away the most competitive person I know. I pride myself on being a chill, nice guy... But once something becomes a competition I become extremely invested in winning at all costs. This has lead to issues in the past, so I never compete with people I know at anything.

Sounds ridiculous... and it is.

This. Mostly when i used to play games competitvely, and after. Shooters especially i couldn't stand losing. As soon as its a competition shit just changes. I don't like it, but i am not as bad as i used to be.

My biggest flaw.

I hate losing more than just about anything. Doesn't matter at what either... Could be sports, games, etc. I'm far and away the most competitive person I know. I pride myself on being a chill, nice guy... But once something becomes a competition I become extremely invested in winning at all costs. This has lead to issues in the past, so I never compete with people I know at anything.

Sounds ridiculous... and it is.

Pretty much sounds like me. Now my son is starting to develop it. Although I talk to him about it I do like his competitiveness

I got a little worse with age actually. I have two little brothers so I was used to always beating them but I was never the best at any sports I played with kids my own age. I was always good but never great, so I kind of just was OK with losing. Once I got older I actually got a little more competitive. I don't really mind losing too much as I've been submitted a million times in bjj, but I still want to win.

Absolutely hate it on the inside

Good sport on the outside

Well. I don't like bad calls, though. They piss me off and I get angry.

I get over shit easily. If I lose, I just try harder to win next time.

It doesn't really bother me that much anymore. But every once in a while I lose my shit playing video games online.

In pop warner football I was on terrible team after terrible and I learned how to lose graciously. Then made it on a team that shutout ever opponent til the championship game.

I'm insanely competitive and hate losing. I handle myself well, but man losing hurts

Depends.

Usually it's whatever but when I put time into winning something and come out on the short end of the stick...it stings.

If I lose to someone who is just better than me at whatever it is, then it doesn't bother me at all. But if I lose cause I fucked up or just stunk it up that day, then I kinda get pissed.

I am magnanimous in victory and furious in defeat. I can't lose at something without planning the demise of whomever was victorious.

I grappled with a buddy of mine in competition and despite him being a short lil irishman he was a god damn lightning bolt, I was mounted and subbed before I even knew what happened, given all the training i had done at that point, god I wanted to smash his head in a car door.

I have serious anger problems though.

I handle myself losing far better than I handle my favorite sports teams losing.

:'(

I am magnanimous in victory and furious in defeat. I can't lose at something without planning the demise of whomever was victorious.

I grappled with a buddy of mine in competition and despite him being a short lil irishman he was a god damn lightning bolt, I was mounted and subbed before I even knew what happened, given all the training i had done at that point, god I wanted to smash his head in a car door.

I have serious anger problems though.

I don't understand this. Why weren't you mad at yourself for failing? Why be mad at him for succeeding?

Pretty much this all day.

I'm building a foundry outside of my house right now (really small one) for really basic metalsmithing and I plan on making some chess pieces out of aluminum when I can finally sort the molds.

Post pictures when you're done, I have a small project in the near future, woodcarving a couple of chess pieces

Depends what it is. If it's something that matters (wrestling match, etc) and I lose to a superior competitor, I handle it well.

If I invest time and energy into turning out wins, then typically I'll develop an emotional attachment to the outcome...but I'm really not good enough at anything to warrant getting upset about losing, so I handle it fine right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back