How well do you handle losing?

As long as I feel that I prepared and did as good as possible I'm fine with it. Usually I say "he was better this time and I can improve." The notion that we can't lose is ridiculous and a completely useless obligation to put on oneself. If that is your fuel to train/practice/study then I think it's fine, but to cry about losing or beat yourself up over it is pointless.

I'm also referring to general things and hobbies. If you an Olympic athlete that comes in 2nd or something then obviously that is going to be crushing.

I'm a graceful loser in all things outside of basketball.

My inner Reggie Miller takes over with a Spaulding in my hand.

Tell your sig that playboi

Tell your sig that playboi

2iiaem1_medium_medium_medium.gif

For what its worth I think lakersfan can S a D.

I love when sore losers have mics in online games, and leave them on.

I will never forget years ago playing Madden and came up against a kid who sounded like he must have been 12 or 13 (I was probably 22 or 23 at the time) literally HYSTERICALLY sobbing through his mic. Every play that went badly I would hear screaming and crying, saying shit like "WHY DO I ALWAYS LOSE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" ....got so bad I actually felt guilty and tried to help him get a little better, and advised him to maybe turn his mic off in the future.

Just yesterday played someone in EA UFC who had a weird breakdown on the mic. He didn't know how to grapple so I would take him down and GnP him and I didn't have a mic but I could hear him screaming "YEAH YOU'RE SO GOOD! LOOK AT YOU! GO AHEAD AND GROUND AND POUND ME, GOOD FOR YOU MAN YOU'RE SO COOL! FUCK YOU!"... so naturally instead of trying to finish him I just took him down and held him there for 3 rounds listening to him get increasingly angry until he eventually quit.

I definitely hate losing, but I'm 30 now and definitely handle it much better than I did when I was a teenager.

Online games bring out the worst in people... even when you're winning.

I remember shit talking this kid (had to have been 13 or something given the sound of his voice), we were playing Madden 25 and it was becoming an ugly game for him. I was up 49-0 using the fucking Lions (he chose NE). He was pretty quiet most of the game with a few gripes here and there, but me? I was shit talking the whole time, even as I'm blowing out a kid 10 years younger than me.

Now I had a fucking blast, but after he quit there was a bit of guilt that set in.

"I'm a winner. I'm going to win." - Denzel

Love that quote ^_^

Online games bring out the worst in people... even when you're winning.

I remember shit talking this kid (had to have been 13 or something given the sound of his voice), we were playing Madden 25 and it was becoming an ugly game for him. I was up 49-0 using the fucking Lions (he chose NE). He was pretty quiet most of the game with a few gripes here and there, but me? I was shit talking the whole time, even as I'm blowing out a kid 10 years younger than me.

Now I had a fucking blast, but after he quit there was a bit of guilt that set in.

This is the extreme example that spawns from this

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f48/call-duty-loser-calls-swat-team-hoax-kid-who-beat-him-2723817/

Long Island police dispatched helicopters, emergency vehicles and an army of cops to a home where someone called in a bloody rampage on Tuesday.

They arrived with guns drawn and ready for war

I love when sore losers have mics in online games, and leave them on.

I will never forget years ago playing Madden and came up against a kid who sounded like he must have been 12 or 13 (I was probably 22 or 23 at the time) literally HYSTERICALLY sobbing through his mic. Every play that went badly I would hear screaming and crying, saying shit like "WHY DO I ALWAYS LOSE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" ....got so bad I actually felt guilty and tried to help him get a little better, and advised him to maybe turn his mic off in the future.

Just yesterday played someone in EA UFC who had a weird breakdown on the mic. He didn't know how to grapple so I would take him down and GnP him and I didn't have a mic but I could hear him screaming "YEAH YOU'RE SO GOOD! LOOK AT YOU! GO AHEAD AND GROUND AND POUND ME, GOOD FOR YOU MAN YOU'RE SO COOL! FUCK YOU!"... so naturally instead of trying to finish him I just took him down and held him there for 3 rounds listening to him get increasingly angry until he eventually quit.

I definitely hate losing, but I'm 30 now and definitely handle it much better than I did when I was a teenager.

you GSP'ed him. lol

I remember playing DDO back in the day and this one guy had a mic. For those who don't know, DDO is a co-op game, no PVP. We were in a quest doing the do, and this guy was freaking out. The more he died, the more he would rage and we would hear banging through his mic. After one really loud bang, he got really quiet and said he broke his keyboard and had to go. lol

you GSP'ed him. lol

I remember playing DDO back in the day and this one guy had a mic. For those who don't know, DDO is a co-op game, no PVP. We were in a quest doing the do, and this guy was freaking out. The more he died, the more he would rage and we would hear banging through his mic. After one really loud bang, he got really quiet and said he broke his keyboard and had to go. lol

lol!

A former roommate of mine broke a SNES controller in half over Mega Man X.

It depends if I think I could have done better or made any stupid mistakes that I shouldn't have. If the other guy was just plain better then I can accept it and try to reach their level in the future.

Depends on how badly I lost. If it's a close competition, then I don't really mind coming up a little short. If I get completely obliterated then I feel bad for a little while, but it usually motivates me to get better at whatever it was I lost at, so I can maybe win the next time.

In sports, I hate losing. Anything else doesn't bother me.

good the majority of time. On occasion though if I lose something close to someone who is talking serious shit the whole time...I get majorly rustled inside

Let's settle this like men: a fight, skateboard comp, or some 1980s hybrid of the two. Basically all I'm willing to compete in

Outta interest, oldschool or street? I vote downhill. Halfpipe could rock though.

I got no skin in this game but if it's a skateboarding fight I gotta be down, it's all Ive ever wanted.

I will admit to breaking a ps4 controller over a game of fifa last month, but I think the alcohol had something to do with it as well, Its fair to say I was embarrassed with myself after also

Bad. Crybaby bad.

Whether it's Madden, COD, a wrestling match, a grappling match, an MMA fight, or even a flag football game.

I had a quick KO 5 years ago though so it helps when I watch that lol..
g3hbt.gif

Back