How well do you handle losing?

I'll shake hands and be respectful towards my opponents be it in sports or other various games, but I'm really hard on myself and get rustled when I lose to bad luck/poor performance... I can break a keyboard over my knee and be super pissed off at some cheapass on an FPS but still don't type out any nonsense or say anything over chat.

I use to be a jackass when it came to competitive activities, especially video games and sports. I used take gaming to the heart, and absolutely hated losing regardless of the circumstances. Cod 4, Wotlk Arena, Halo 3, even some fighting games. Same deal with sports, whether it was pick up or rec league stuff I would go 110% on kids. However, over time I've developed a relaxed temperament, and learned to accept things as they are and let stuff go. After significant decline in my video game skills as well interest, I quickly moved on from the gaming scene. Barely play nowadays, and sports... Well, after playing for lackluster teams and getting crapped on for a couple seasons I've learned to take losses. I understand there are tons of people out there really freaking good at sports, and I undoubtedly won't be able to hang. Of course if I lose a close game of basketball or soccer I for sure will be bummed out for a little, but I won't rage about it endlessly.

I'll shake hands and be respectful towards my opponents be it in sports or other various games, but I'm really hard on myself and get rustled when I lose to bad luck/poor performance... I can break a keyboard over my knee and be super pissed off at some cheapass on an FPS but still don't type out any nonsense or say anything over chat.

this

Outta interest, oldschool or street? I vote downhill. Halfpipe could rock though.

I got no skin in this game but if it's a skateboarding fight I gotta be down, it's all Ive ever wanted.

Downhill would be badass, but I think tradition dictates we do battle in a ditch. Half pipes are too forgiving, we'd have to settle for an empty swimming pool

Yes, I have played sports my whole life and I am grossly competitive.

I was pretty pissed the other day losing beer pong just because the kid got lucky and looked like a tool. lol.

Anyways, its funny. I don't know how many of you follow the myers briggs but I am an ESTP. In other words I'm supposed to be very risky by nature and that is true. However, my competitive side breaks through and when I play games like poker, I actually seldom take risks and do my best to play perfect to avoid losing.

Tom Brady's a shitty bitchy loser. Anyone see what a shitty bitch he turned into after he was sacked twice in a row on Saturday?

Just needed to get that out.

I really dislike losing. this is how I feel when I do,

it's stupid though and starts unnecessary fights with friends and family. the competitive nature of winning/losing

I don't like it at all.

It motivates me to become better. In fact I tend to get good at things that I suck at (if they interest me enough).

Pretty good, not exactly going one on one against another person but In the past I've been to nearly 35 job interviews and I failed to land the job around 28 times, so i consider those as ''losses''. I will admit that it sucked big donkey dick at the time, going to 5-6 interviews in a row and getting a negative response. I probably cried on a few of those because I felt hopeless, I was blaming everybody else and It took me some time to put things in perspective and fix many things. Now i feel like those rejections built my character and I learned a lot about hr and how to perform a good job interview. I might still fail here and there but i will definitely try to make sure not to make the same mistake more than once.

Last edited:
Back