How Weak is Cerrone's Will?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm trying to think of a time where Cerrone got hurt and survived to win and I can't think of any. Whether it's early in his career or now he wilts under any diversity. Seems to be broke a lot even before the fight starts but especially if he gets hit with a good shot. He turtles up and back peddles till the fight is stopped. No going out on your shield, not take down attempt, seems to give up anytime he gets hit with a good shot. He really needs to retire. I think it will take a lot for the UFC to cut him because he's a company man but he's not even a test for younger guys which was his role in the UFC after being past his prime.

upload_2021-5-9_16-26-14.png

It's like Rocky said, people can change. We just saw Rumble of all people get knocked down for the first time, survive and come back by KO. Cerrone can one day change.

I'm trying to think of a time where Cerrone got hurt and survived to win and I can't think of any. Whether it's early in his career or now he wilts under any diversity. Seems to be broke a lot even before the fight starts but especially if he gets hit with a good shot. He turtles up and back peddles till the fight is stopped. No going out on your shield, not take down attempt, seems to give up anytime he gets hit with a good shot. He really needs to retire. I think it will take a lot for the UFC to cut him because he's a company man but he's not even a test for younger guys which was his role in the UFC after being past his prime.

View attachment 853394

I don't think he's weak willed. After all he's a UFC fighter who doesn't duck anyone. But what you said got me thinking, and I don't remember Cerrone come back from adversity to win a fight. His style is kinda like a bully, and if the fight doesn't go his way he's lost, and just fights enough to hang on to the end if possible

RashCreepyAlbino-max-1mb.gif

He's just taken too much in a really long and great career at points you just can't do it anymore it fucks your mind, your training and mostly your personal life so I think that it's the usual decline no need to be more harsh because the punch fucked him and he couldn't come back from them.

He's just done. I think he'd hang in there a little longer if he thought he still had a chance. But he's basically at the Bob Sapp stage of his career, where folding early and collecting a paycheck is way easier on his body.

View attachment 853394
The worst besides kalib starnes running around

I don't think he's weak willed. After all he's a UFC fighter who doesn't duck anyone. But what you said got me thinking, and I don't remember Cerrone come back from adversity to win a fight. His style is kinda like a bully, and if the fight doesn't go his way he's lost, and just fights enough to hang on to the end if possible

RashCreepyAlbino-max-1mb.gif

You know, in that Nate Diaz fight Cerrone suffered an 8-10 round to Diaz, getting absolutely obliterated. He didn't come back to win the fight, but he did come back to win a round and was doing much better after that first round. He just didn't have the skill to beat Diaz.

The Melvin Guillard fight, Matt Brown fight, and the Robbie Lawler(didn't win but, did really well).

He got hurt and came back in those fights.

There's also the Eddie Alvarez fight, where he got pummeled in round 1 and took back rounds 2 and 3. And in the third round of the third Benson Henderson fight, he got stunned by a headkick but survived and won the fight (BS decision though, he really lost).

Pretty crazy that we've now seen Rumble and Overeem (in the Harris fight) come back from death and end up winning for the first time in their long careers. Meanwhile Cowboy is getting folded in the first round and giving up against guys like Morono.

Was Cerrone ever good enough to beat top fighters. I don’t remember him ever beating a top guy at their peak.

he loses every big fight he’a been in. And when he beats a big name they’re on the slide. Like benson Henderson.

He has always struggled against pressure and volume, he excels when he's given space and respect but when he's getting peppered he almost always freezes.
It's only gotten worse with age, with a 6 fight losing streak he should be released, he can go settle the score with Diego somewhere if he insists on fighting.

Back