How Weak is Cerrone's Will?

Fighters who rarely rally back to win after being down:

BJ Penn
Donald
Chael Sonnen

I'll take back what I said if anyone can name 2 times where they did that.

I remember Chael showing a lot of heart against Marquardt by surviving a big flying knee & a guillotine attempt that was pretty good. When he finally fought Wand he got dropped a couple times standing but kept getting takedowns & easily outgrappling him. During the Bisping fight he ate a lot of good punches but still managed to win.

I'm trying to think of a time where Cerrone got hurt and survived to win and I can't think of any. Whether it's early in his career or now he wilts under any diversity. Seems to be broke a lot even before the fight starts but especially if he gets hit with a good shot. He turtles up and back peddles till the fight is stopped. No going out on your shield, not take down attempt, seems to give up anytime he gets hit with a good shot. He really needs to retire. I think it will take a lot for the UFC to cut him because he's a company man but he's not even a test for younger guys which was his role in the UFC after being past his prime.

View attachment 853394
I know what you mean, but watch the Al Iaquinta fight again if you can find it. He really hung tough in that fight and got the shit kicked out of him.

The Melvin Guillard fight, Matt Brown fight, and the Robbie Lawler(didn't win but, did really well).

He got hurt and came back in those fights.
"Yeah, but my point was . . . ."

Questioning the will of *the* guy who literally has the most professional fights in the toughest fighting organization in the world (and history). . .

According to TS, do you know who REALLY has heart? Fighters that get KTFO'd instead of TKOd.

"Yeah, but my point was . . . ."

Questioning the will of *the* guy who literally has the most professional fights in the toughest fighting organization in the world (and history). . .

According to TS, do you know who REALLY has heart? Fighters that get KTFO'd instead of TKOd.
Cerrone gets cracked and not seemingly wobbled, just hit good and gets a "fuck this shit" look on he face and turtles backing up.

I'm trying to think of a time where Cerrone got hurt and survived to win and I can't think of any. Whether it's early in his career or now he wilts under any diversity. Seems to be broke a lot even before the fight starts but especially if he gets hit with a good shot. He turtles up and back peddles till the fight is stopped. No going out on your shield, not take down attempt, seems to give up anytime he gets hit with a good shot. He really needs to retire. I think it will take a lot for the UFC to cut him because he's a company man but he's not even a test for younger guys which was his role in the UFC after being past his prime.

View attachment 853394

Did this really need to be posted AGAIN?

Wasn't there enough bashing of this guy in all the other threads about him?

View attachment 853394

He got his ass beat in the Nate Diaz fight. Nate set a record for strikes landed if I recall.

The guy has a death wish... if he doesn't die in the cage he will die in some extreme sports activity. No respect for his family...

It's like Rocky said, people can change. We just saw Rumble of all people get knocked down for the first time, survive and come back by KO. Cerrone can one day change.

Yea give him 10 more years and hes gona turn it all around and surprise us all.

You know, in that Nate Diaz fight Cerrone suffered an 8-10 round to Diaz, getting absolutely obliterated. He didn't come back to win the fight, but he did come back to win a round and was doing much better after that first round. He just didn't have the skill to beat Diaz.

He definitely didn't win a round against Nate.

He definitely didn't win a round against Nate.

upload_2021-5-9_17-48-6.png

He did on one scorecard. I forgot that it was debated, but the point is he went from being a punching bag in round 1 to leg kicking Nate and throwing him to the ground in round 2.

View attachment 853394

Wilts under diversity huh, yeah those diverse fighters really makes the redneck Cerrone wilt.

Was Cerrone ever good enough to beat top fighters. I don’t remember him ever beating a top guy at their peak.

he loses every big fight he’a been in. And when he beats a big name they’re on the slide. Like benson Henderson.
Eddie Alvarez

View attachment 853394

I want to say Guillard hurt him, and Barboza was landing pretty heavily as well. Usually when you get hurt, you lose. Most guys don’t have numerous come-from-behind wins.

View attachment 853394
If you watch the first 70% of his career, he never got rocked. He used his chin as a weapon and is now paying for it. I believe razor rob dropped him with a right hand in the wec, but he was right back up and fighting. He just simply ate those shots back then. The Melvin Guillard fight is a good example of him coming back to win after getting rocked, and we all know Melvin hit like a truck in those days. This was the first time being dropped in the ufc. The liver shot from Pettis was one of those that he could not recoup from and was his first time getting KOd. The dude has taken so many hard shots to the head. Accumulative damage sucks. He got dropped eyes crossed in the Matt Brown fight and came back to win that. I think when he shuts down is when he takes the type of shots that would put most guys out cold. He has never been out cold, so hopefully this helps his brain later. If you watch the Masvidal fight(which was 3 weeks after the Brown war), he wasnt hurt to the head. Mas blasted him with a hard liver kick right before the right hand. This is why cerrone was laying there with his head up and awake. Mas sensed this and finished with shots to the body standing.
He ate hundreds of hard shots in the Diaz fight that would have put most down. I didnt look up any of this, so I may be wrong.
The man has to be a ball of pain when he wakes up every morning, but he still wants to fight. Yes, he should retire. He isnt going to start feinting and faking, throwing calf kicks and keeping his hands up at this point. That is all.

I remember Chael showing a lot of heart against Marquardt by surviving a big flying knee & a guillotine attempt that was pretty good. When he finally fought Wand he got dropped a couple times standing but kept getting takedowns & easily outgrappling him. During the Bisping fight he ate a lot of good punches but still managed to win.

100%. Questioning a fighter’s heart should require a much higher standard of evidence.

View attachment 853394
It's not about will at this point. He had the will to win and landed some good shots of his own, but he just doesn't have it anymore. He's not beating the top ten guys they kept feeding him to before this fight. This was supposed to be a showcase fight against a faded Diego. But that didn't work out so they gave him Morono, figuring he'd still be good enough to handle him. Apparently that is no longer the case. They're going to give him a can or two and then let him hang em up finally. As they should.

Back