How truly effective is USADA when fighters STILL believe they can get away with cheating?

IGotAHugePeckah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know, I know: they caught TJ.

But the fact that he would even TRY to cheat at this point suggests that he thought there was a good chance he could get away with it. I mean why else would he even attempt it? He knows the repercussions are SEVERE and long-lasting.

So where would he get the idea he could get away with doping? It couldn't simply be "I'll cross my fingers and hope I don't get caught". You'd have to have some solid information that it was possible he could get away with it.

Word travels fast between gyms, trainers, fighters, etc, I'm sure. Are guys finding loop holes in USADA's testing that TJ tried to exploit?

So on the heels of the whole Jon Jones picogram scandal, does USADA lose even more credibility here?

Because now days you can snitch like Jon Jones and get a reduced sentence and be back around the same time you would be back if you took some time off to heal up some nagging injuries.

I know, I know: they caught TJ.

But the fact that he would even TRY to cheat at this point suggests that he thought there was a good chance he could get away with it. I mean why else would he even attempt it? He knows the repercussions are SEVERE and long-lasting.

So where would he get the idea he could get away with doping? It couldn't simply be "I'll cross my fingers and hope I don't get caught". You'd have to have some solid information that it was possible he could get away with it.

Word travels fast between gyms, trainers, fighters, etc, I'm sure. Are guys finding loop holes in USADA's testing that TJ tried to exploit?

So on the heels of the whole Jon Jones picogram scandal, does USADA lose even more credibility here?
he probably worked with people who he trusted a lot. even trusted them to be able to cheat the system...

he probably worked with people who he trusted a lot. even trusted them to be able to cheat the system...

There must be people hard at work trying to find those loopholes. Could make you a fortune

There must be people hard at work trying to find those loopholes. Could make you a fortune
of course. the neverending battle to gain an edge. just like criminals try to be a step ahead of the police

Harsher penalties, say 4 years first offense. Life ban second.

USADA gives the illusion that the sport is clean.

Well they are still unable to detect stuff like HGH when microdosed, even epo is still effective if you aren't an idiot.

Because now days you can snitch like Jon Jones and get a reduced sentence and be back around the same time you would be back if you took some time off to heal up some nagging injuries.
Well you could always snitch
It's part of the policy and has been

Harsher penalties, say 4 years first offense. Life ban second.
they already have much harsher penalties than most sports.

now it get it - it's fighting and they don't fight that frequently to begin with and other fighters safety is at stake.

Well they are still unable to detect stuff like HGH when microdosed, even epo is still effective if you aren't an idiot.
It's effective if they don't screen you with the test they got TJ with. They openly claimed they don't scan all the samples with that specific procedure that reveals epo(Cost thing maybe?). But now that it caught a high profile fighter with it, maybe they will now.

usada lost all credibility when they let jones cheat with that pulsing bs

USADA was a facade to entice mainstream companies when UFC was getting ready to sell.

It's effective if they don't screen you with the test they got TJ with. They openly claimed they don't scan all the samples with that specific procedure that reveals epo(Cost thing maybe?). But now that it caught a high profile fighter with it, maybe they will now.
They always come up claiming they have a new method, but at the end of the day they still dont catch all those guys that are on epo for sure, pro cyclists for example. Been the same with HGH prior to the last Olympics. I dont believe it. Microdosing epo is still the way to go.

They always come up claiming they have a new method, but at the end of the day they still dont catch all those guys that are on epo for sure, pro cyclists for example. Been the same with HGH prior to the last Olympics. I dont believe it. Microdosing epo is still the way to go.
Time will tell. I obviously don't have conclusive proof of my post, just what I read in said articles. But my hope is like I said hopefully now that it did get a very high profile fighter they find a way to implement it further if it's a method they previously didn't use on everyhing. HGH is still probably the slipperiest of slopes yes. Has some hallmark physical traits but seemingly no good way to detect the presence, present or past of the chemical within bodyily tissue. Pro cycling has to be one of the dirtiest sports in the world. Basically can't finish the tour de france without doping.

Snitch on himself lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back