How truly effective is USADA when fighters STILL believe they can get away with cheating?

Alot of these fighterd need PEDs to fight at the highest level. No point not trying when the results would be disastrous if they got clean.

How effective is science when people still believe the world is flat?

Question is inane.

You can’t fix stupid, but you can round ‘em up and punish them.

Most guy cheat. Its easy to get away with.. dunno why ppl dont understand this yet.. its in every sport

I know, I know: they caught TJ.

But the fact that he would even TRY to cheat at this point suggests that he thought there was a good chance he could get away with it. I mean why else would he even attempt it? He knows the repercussions are SEVERE and long-lasting.

So where would he get the idea he could get away with doping? It couldn't simply be "I'll cross my fingers and hope I don't get caught". You'd have to have some solid information that it was possible he could get away with it.

Word travels fast between gyms, trainers, fighters, etc, I'm sure. Are guys finding loop holes in USADA's testing that TJ tried to exploit?

So on the heels of the whole Jon Jones picogram scandal, does USADA lose even more credibility here?

USADA, like all testing, acts like police radars enforcing a speed limit. You can get away with driving 10 mph over the speed limit, because the radar's always have some uncertainty. But much more than that and you'll be pulled over.

The chances are that everyone in the UFC is using. But the ones testing positive are using more than the ones not being caught -- they're trying to gain an advantage by using more than the ones sticking to the test-recommended dossages.

Alot of these fighterd need PEDs to fight at the highest level. No point not trying when the results would be disastrous if they got clean.
well, yeah.

you need to make getting caught disastrous as well.

mandatory minimum 2 year ban for first offense. 4 year ban for second offense, lifetime ban for third. entire purse for the fight confiscated, including sponsorship money. all victories within a certain time frame (lets say a year?) of getting caught overturned...

people pretend like the only thing at stake when cheating in sports is the win / loss column. even if you disregard the fact that these guys are out there to hurt each other, there is a serious monetary incentive to cheat. you win enough fights spectacularly, you're a millionaire. as far as i'm concerned, the motherfuckers who get caught with serious performance enhancers should have their careers ruined.

But the fact that he would even TRY to cheat at this point suggests that he thought there was a good chance he could get away with it. I mean why else would he even attempt it? He knows the repercussions are SEVERE and long-lasting.

So where would he get the idea he could get away with doping? It couldn't simply be "I'll cross my fingers and hope I don't get caught". You'd have to have some solid information that it was possible he could get away with it.

Word travels fast between gyms, trainers, fighters, etc, I'm sure. Are guys finding loop holes in USADA's testing that TJ tried to exploit?

So on the heels of the whole Jon Jones picogram scandal, does USADA lose even more credibility here?

Why do guys continue to dope, a conspiracy!

Why do you think this moment is unique, because it’s MMA? You could have asked the same of the Soviets and East Germans, the Track world, Pro Wrestling, Football etc. How myopic is your world?
Don’t people attempt to cheat systems throughout life?

I just thought they have the highest level of testing and let alone, EPO wasn't detected until now? lol. I'm just waiting for them to bust more people for EPO. Re-run everyone's sample for EPO cause I'm curious now.

Wtf? There is literally nothing in this world that somebody won’t try to get away with regardless of laws or rules. It’s called stupidity.

Well they are still unable to detect stuff like HGH when microdosed, even epo is still effective if you aren't an idiot.
HGH use is detectable for about three weeks now, even microdosed

Theres been a new test for 2-3 years

It's the same reason why people still commit crimes when they know there is a good chance they will get caught

Time will tell. I obviously don't have conclusive proof of my post, just what I read in said articles. But my hope is like I said hopefully now that it did get a very high profile fighter they find a way to implement it further if it's a method they previously didn't use on everyhing. HGH is still probably the slipperiest of slopes yes. Has some hallmark physical traits but seemingly no good way to detect the presence, present or past of the chemical within bodyily tissue. Pro cycling has to be one of the dirtiest sports in the world. Basically can't finish the tour de france without doping.

Google hgh biomarkers test

3 week window on hgh now

well, yeah.

you need to make getting caught disastrous as well.

mandatory minimum 2 year ban for first offense. 4 year ban for second offense, lifetime ban for third. entire purse for the fight confiscated, including sponsorship money. all victories within a certain time frame (lets say a year?) of getting caught overturned...

people pretend like the only thing at stake when cheating in sports is the win / loss column. even if you disregard the fact that these guys are out there to hurt each other, there is a serious monetary incentive to cheat. you win enough fights spectacularly, you're a millionaire. as far as i'm concerned, the motherfuckers who get caught with serious performance enhancers should have their careers ruined.
Either get tid of USADA or do what you said. No point of having rules if they are not enforced.

usada lost all credibility when they let jones cheat with that pulsing bs
i don't know why posters think they are qualified to call bs on 2 leading anti-doping science directors when no credible source has called bs.

Rockhold said they only test urine in california or something like that and he was disappointed

Back