How truly effective is USADA when fighters STILL believe they can get away with cheating?

For the same reasons people commit financially motivated crimes that they are almost guaranteed to get caught for eventually. Greed, arrogance, and/or desperation. If prison is not a deterrent for everyone not sure why a two year ban from your profession would be either.

Everyone is on PEDs. It's probably legitimately life threatening to fight for a living against professional fighters at the top level as a natty.

Because now days you can snitch like Jon Jones and get a reduced sentence and be back around the same time you would be back if you took some time off to heal up some nagging injuries.
This. Listen up, kids. If you're gonna cheat, make sure you can implicate as many of your friends as possible!

I know, I know: they caught TJ.

But the fact that he would even TRY to cheat at this point suggests that he thought there was a good chance he could get away with it. I mean why else would he even attempt it? He knows the repercussions are SEVERE and long-lasting.

So where would he get the idea he could get away with doping? It couldn't simply be "I'll cross my fingers and hope I don't get caught". You'd have to have some solid information that it was possible he could get away with it.

Word travels fast between gyms, trainers, fighters, etc, I'm sure. Are guys finding loop holes in USADA's testing that TJ tried to exploit?

So on the heels of the whole Jon Jones picogram scandal, does USADA lose even more credibility here?

The primary reason the UFC signed on with USADA was for PR reasons that would lead toward a higher valuation. The Fertittas sold the business for more than the average major Pro sports team at the time, so USADA seems to be serving it's purpose so far. We'll only know it's full effectiveness once WME/Endeavor takes the UFC public.

Not enough. Maybe in comparison to other sports leagues.
if the argument is that odds are you won't get tested when you're "hot" you still have to weigh the odds that you will get caught. without random year-round testing it's much easier.

whether it's true or not nobody knows for sure yet. what impression they give is a different thing
i don't think it's debatable that random year-round testing will lead to LESS ped use overall.

i don't think it's debatable that random year-round testing will lead to LESS ped use overall.
i absolutely agree that's most probably true, yes. unlike most guys on this forum

if the argument is that odds are you won't get tested when you're "hot" you still have to weigh the odds that you will get caught. without random year-round testing it's much easier.
Obviously random testing is better. Scheduled testing is a joke.

saw this either here or reddit

Woodley mentioned in an interview before his title defense, the random testing is not so random.

Cody said TJ was the one who taught TAM how to use PED's.

He's probably been using during the whole USADA era and this was the first time he's slipped up.

ALL pro athletes are juicing.

They just work too well.

Fact: Cheating pays. If you can fight and win a championship, then defend it several times, then finally get caught, it is a huge profit. Only if they retract the money already won and give it to the persons who lost (Mainly Cody) will cheating not pay. This has costed Cody way more money.

TJ is scum. Tried to take out the 125er's because he is a selfish cheater. TJ is laughing all the way to the bank. Forget legacy. Legacy does not pay crap...

...usada is credible again, lmao...
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Sez who?

They forever lost any credibility with the forever pico-pulsing Roid Rat debacle.

We're just having a laugh at these cheating fux being exposed. Even if they get nothing but a love tap on the wrist.

tumblr_m4us44gEjM1qia9wro2_500.gif

Is it possible to get your virginity back?

if USADA were credible they would re-test all his samples and ban him for life

I get the skepticism of USADA in general but this was a pretty cut and dry case. They caught him, presented their evidence, and he quickly accepted their findings and ruling with virtually no resistance. Their credibility or lack thereof doesn't really have any bearing on such an easy win.

Back