How tf do you explain Aldo?

Im sure coach is going to point out the things that he did right but that’s gonna be a hard rewatch with him and his team

Yeah I always hated film day with any sport, they just flay you open and point out every flaw lol.

Its sink or swim when that happens.

Aldo is awesome. Had a Fedor like streak of 9 years without a loss but always quality opposition. Also unlike Fedor Aldo has only lost to the absolute elite or a meh decision (Moraes). Dude lost to Conor, Max, Volk, Yan and Merab? Only like top 2 elite tier guys in their primes when he lost to them. Hes still beating everyone else and has no real blemishes to be ashamed of imo. He’s quietly / low key remained a top 5 guy while people kind of dusted him off for not being the ability king still. He set a high standard for himself.

Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight

He was and is. People here don't seem to understand what your "athletic prime" is. Its not when you're 37.

Aldo is really good. He can still beat people, even past his prime.

I still wish he had a chance to redeem himself with a rematch vs. Conor. I swear I think that's one of those fights he wins roughly 3 out of 5 times.

Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else
At the time Aldo looked past his prime agains Max / volk ….turns out Max/volk are just boogeymen

I'm sure it has bear ting to do wid his natural athleticism styll but yuh could chat dat aboot whole heap of mandem too ya get me 🗣️💯 What set Aldo apart from di other old headz is his mindset fam not like Merab's A-Town hustle nah but more like one of dem scientist egghead yutes preein' all kindsa theories on di universe den applying dat same ting to his craft ya feel me my guy 📚⚡ Man's mind levels above da rest eh 🏆
please could you write in actual English not 13-yr-old Wannabe-gangster texting language.
Out of courtesy to all members of the forums.

thank you.

Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else
Agree on the Moraes decision, Aldo should have gotten the nod there.

Agree on the Moraes decision, Aldo should have gotten the nod there.
Unfortunate judging but at least dana agreed and Aldos next fight was for the vacant belt.

Aldos skills were always there, but his cardio was getting worse as time went on.

And will always have more defenses and in many peoples eyes the best FW ever.

Yep agreed, more accomplishments, but still had 3 guys who could kick his ass

In his heart he knows deep down he isn't the best FW of all time, despite the title defenses

Joe Louis and Wlad had much more defenses than Muhammad Ali, nobody rates them higher

He's amazing. And if he's that amazing, just how on earth do you explain Conor?!

Beat him like a scrub
Practiced the sequence pre fight

Shook Aldo badly to likely imo fake an injury, to just destroy him in a single shot

I'm not a conor fan, but I will be damned to let those rewrite facts. He destroyed Aldo mentally and physically in every way

His striking defense and technique is still there.
His speed is there too which is surprising. At 37 most fighters in the lower divisions have a noticeable drop in speed, but Aldo still looked explosive.

a once in a lifetime athlete, for starters. if he were 6'2, he'd be great in any sport he wanted.

Very few if any claim he was out of his prime. Simply put, Conor mind-F'd him. Psychological warfare at its finest. Before the fight, Kavanaugh even laughed & said he can't believe how good Conor is at getting in his opponents heads before the fight. If not for that fight, many more would be talking about Aldo as top 5 GOAT but losing in 13 secs really took a hit on his reputation. I still think Aldo should be considered for top 5 GOAT.

Aldo deserves credit, even far past his prime he has been able to beat or be competitive vs top 5 guys. At the lighter weight classes, being old is a death sentence because just a slight loss in speed/reflexes is a huge difference maker

Back