How tf do you explain Aldo?

I'm sure it has bear ting to do wid his natural athleticism styll but yuh could chat dat aboot whole heap of mandem too ya get me 🗣️💯 What set Aldo apart from di other old headz is his mindset fam not like Merab's A-Town hustle nah but more like one of dem scientist egghead yutes preein' all kindsa theories on di universe den applying dat same ting to his craft ya feel me my guy 📚⚡ Man's mind levels above da rest eh 🏆

An underrated ability Aldo seems to have is his ability to still trigger certain posters on here. Pretty amazing really.
Im still triggered by your forked tongued comment the other day concerning Valentinas spin kick, you heathen lol.

I still love you despite your flaws sir lol

Last edited:
Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else
He's out of prime since he fucked up his foot against TKZ

Yea I can’t explain it either, according to his fans he’s been out of his prime since before the mcgregor fight, and the reason he started to lose is fight mileage, but also he went on a title run beating 5 top 10 opponents at bantamweight (moraes was a robbery). Funny how mileage makes you lose to champions and number 1 contenders but not anyone else
Aldo had to change his fighting style because of breaking his foot twice in a one year timespan (Sep 2012-Aug 2013), but because he's an all-time great he managed to remain competitive despite no longer being in his prime.

Im still triggered by your forked tongued comment the other day concerning Valentinas spin kick, you heathen lol.

I still love despite your flaws sir lol
In all honesty I have nothing but respect for Valentina. She's always been the consummate professional both in and out of the cage. And I love watching her fight.

Aldo was a kick-ass warrior that dominated year after year, gladly giving all the best available their shot at the title of the division that Jose OWNED.

Diva-weak behavior from both Ilia & Islam show they'd need blowtorches to hold a candle to a real champion, Jose Aldo.

Please be honest...there is ZERO comparison between the actions of Conor and a 'Real" champion (both then and now), like Jose Aldo.

Last edited:
Especially at a weight class that requires A LOT of speed and reflexes

^This. I picked Aldo to win, but the biggest thing i was worried about was him losing his speed due to age. Speed is usually the first thing to go as you get older, so the fact he looked so sharp and quick was really impressive. Especially after such a long layoff.

^This. I picked Aldo to win, but the biggest thing i was worried about was him losing his speed due to age. Speed is usually the first thing to go as you get older, so the fact he looked so sharp and quick was really impressive. Especially after such a long layoff.

He looked crisp. Checking everything. His defensive reflexes might be up there with the best we’ve ever seen honestly

Mighty Mouse and Aldo still going strong.
Their GOATs that always took the sport seriously.

Aldo is really skilled. The decline in speed and reaction time does not affect him as much as fighters who depended on it.
Can you think of any other fighters who were able to compensate? I can't think of any, at least to the level of Aldo.

Your assignment, fight Aldo

-Leg kick him, lose
-Box with him, lose
-Try and take him down, lose

You will beg for the mercy TD eventually

Aldo beat him at every turn like you said sir.
The kid must be gutted today, but hopefully he learns from it.

Jose put on a masterclass last night though.

Last edited:

Aldo was in a motorcycle accident several years ago that has been giving him back and neck problems ever since. Not to mention he has been through some wars over a 20yr career. Aldo vs Mendes II is one of my favorite fights of all time.

That said, what he is doing now is impressive without question. At lighter weight classes, you don't see many guys in their early 30's consistently winning because speed and timing are usually the first things you lose as you get older. With heavier weight classes, speed doesn't matter so much and power doesn't fall off nearly as quickly as speed, so that's why classes like heavyweight will typically have a bunch of old guys who are still competitive because they still have power.

In addition to that, the lighter weight classes have a much deeper talent pool, because there aren't a lot of choices/sports for little guys to go to. Heavier weight classes (I'd say welterweight and up) have bigger guys and the ones who are top athletes usually gravitate towards more lucrative traditional sports, so heavier weight classes typically have very shallow talent pools, whereas smaller guys in lightweight and under will attract more top athletes, because no matter how athletic they might be, a 5'5" 145lb guy is not going to make it in pro football, baseball, soccer, or basketball. Fighting is really a smaller guys' only option, making the little guys highly highly competitive and deep with talent.

It was the same with Aldo. People said that back in the day he wanted to be and could have been a pro soccer player, however he was too small to compete with the pros, so he stuck with fighting.

Aldo beat him at every turn like you said sir.
The kid must be gutted today, but hopefully he learns from it.

Jose pit on a masterclass last night though.

Im sure coach is going to point out the things that he did right but that’s gonna be a hard rewatch with him and his team

Can you think of any other fighters who were able to compensate? I can't think of any, at least to the level of Aldo.

That's a fuckin good question because Im trying to think of someone in the smaller weight classes and I can't either.

Back