Social How often do you think about the roman empire

It's currently relevant, as America is falling just as Rome did.

Internal and external pressures, economic instability, political division, and barbarian hordes invading.

All US citizens should be thinking about it daily, as it is at the door. Only fools cannot see it, and are thus bringing its destruction to the US as a modern day reenactment.
i believe you but the nature in which america falls probably won't be too similar. I'd say we probably end up more like the UK than Rome. As far as some apocalyptic version of foreigners landing and killing us, I don't know about that. I think we're doing it to ourselves mainly. In my city you can't drive through it without seeing the toll our lifestyle has taken on us, there is a reason people are drugging out rather than dealing with all the bullshit. Of course, we aren't encouraged to analyze those kinds of things because the upper classes wouldn't encourage us to try and figure out the bullshit. And, while all is is going on, we're taking in more immigrants than I've ever seen while we allow the lost to just continue on their course. That's sick to me, don't even try to take any responsibiliy or help out, just bring in a bunch of foreigners, not a good look america.

I don't really think much of it but I often set Meditations as a background noise when I'm doing random shit.

It's a TikTok trend in which men are asked how many times a week men think about the Roman Empire. The answer is usually often.

Figured this'd right at home here
Maybe a reflection of peoples politics? on the right especially a lot of politics gets framed relative to the Roman Empire.

Edit- As you can see in this thread.

every time I hear that being gay is not socially conditioned and is genetic I wonder what happened with rome to make all that gay go away...

i believe you but the nature in which america falls probably won't be too similar. I'd say we probably end up more like the UK than Rome. As far as some apocalyptic version of foreigners landing and killing us, I don't know about that. I think we're doing it to ourselves mainly. In my city you can't drive through it without seeing the toll our lifestyle has taken on us, there is a reason people are drugging out rather than dealing with all the bullshit. Of course, we aren't encouraged to analyze those kinds of things because the upper classes wouldn't encourage us to try and figure out the bullshit. And, while all is is going on, we're taking in more immigrants than I've ever seen while we allow the lost to just continue on their course. That's sick to me, don't even try to take any responsibiliy or help out, just bring in a bunch of foreigners, not a good look america.

The southern border situation is a soft invasion (also a child trafficking operation, but that's a separate story to tell). Those people are mostly fighting aged men. They are the barbarian hordes, and they're already here. The largest influx coming through, lately, are Chinese. It's a setup, planned by traitors and enabled by their useful idiot supporters.

People being drugged out is largely by design. Big business is suppressing natural remedies (also cancer cures) and has people hooked on pharmaceuticals for profit and control. Our supermarket shelves are stocked with low dose poisons, hidden in plain sight. Processed foods are slowly destroying people in order to make them dependent on the medical/pharmaceutical industry. That's not even getting into the illegal drug trade, which you'll find, if you look, has multiple agencies profiting off of it.

The economic situation is a manufactured problem created intentionally by the bankers. Watch this documentary for some context (All wars are bankers wars):

I could go on, but you get the point. It's coming.

The US is being destroyed because of what it stands for in spirit. Once it falls, all will be lost.

Last edited:
The southern border situation is a soft invasion (also a child trafficking operation, but that's a separate story to tell). Those people are mostly fighting aged men. They are the barbarian hordes, and they're already here. The largest influx coming through, lately, are Chinese. It's a setup, planned by traitors and enabled by their useful idiot supporters.

People being drugged out is largely by design. Big business is suppressing natural remedies (also cancer cures) and has people hooked on pharmaceuticals for profit and control. Our supermarket shelves are stocked with low dose poisons, hidden in plain sight. Processed foods are slowly destroying people in order to make them dependent on the medical/pharmaceutical industry. That's not even getting into the illegal drug trade, which you'll find, if you look, has multiple agencies profiting off of it.

The economic situation is a manufactured problem createf by the bankers. Watch this documentary for some context (All wars are bankers wars):

The US is being destroyed because of what it stands for in spirit. Once it falls, all will be lost.

i don't know how right you are but i have been telling my buddy that it's all being done intentionally, i just can't figure out the why.

To get drawn into this what I think has always tended to be ignored is the effect of Roman societies strongly oligarchic nature and the effects of this in terms of internal conflict, stratification of wealth and negative impact on innovation.

Things like loss of control of boarders and having to use Germanic mercenaries were really the signs of decline not the original causes of decline.

Been listening to a lot of history if ancient empires lately, so sometimes. Crazy what people accomplished back in the day.

To get drawn into this what I think has always tended to be ignored is the effect of Roman societies strongly oligarchic nature and the effects of this in terms of internal conflict, stratification of wealth and negative impact on innovation.

Things like loss of control of boarders and having to use Germanic mercenaries were really the signs of decline not the original causes of decline.
ok, what was the negative effect on innovation?

I'm no patriot, I'm just a Native American whose seen the damage this system can cause, I won't be lamenting anything but that doesn't mean I won't be in the the throes of this bullshit. It's falling apart, with a lot of help it seems.

In my town, it's already overcrowded, and I just assume they let in all these newcomers because they can make money off of them somehow and, to be honest, nothing personal with them. I like a lot of them but shit.., we got enough motherfuckers here already. I just think it's kinda shitty to throw in the towel on your own citizens and pretend like you had nothing to do with the existential mess you made to put them there. I kinda understand these hopeless fucks, I can't really go along with them, but I understand. I've seen the damage of how things are done here just mangle families and as kids, we grow up watching the mom who comes home and drinks herself into a stupor because of the bitches at work, I understand, but I can't go that way, fuck that.

I think about it quite often but I love history. Also I play a lot of strategy and civilization builder type games and a lot of the time they revolve around ancient times.

It was a fascinating era in mankind imo.

The Ides of March were a couple days ago too.

RIP mah boi Gaius Julius.

Was that the one with all the gay guys?
"gay guys" was nothing, they actually had apes raping women in their coliseum and people eaten by lions and tigers, all for entertainment. At least according to the docu I saw. Like most things, when they reach the ultimate extreme, the pendulum swings back, thus, the christian era and all the moral conduct. Place was nuts whatever era you look at, just like us.

Back