How often do you replace your phone

I'm a bit of a phone geek and test out various phones just for the hell of it, so I'm swapping phones every 2-3 months. I normally just look on Facebook marketplace or ebay for good deals, and then resell the ones I don't want.

I'm currently using a Pixel 7 pro and S21FE as my primary phones.

When it stops working. Then I go find a cheap refurbished model.

18 months to 2 years. and I only have flagship models.

Usually when my contract is up. So every 2-3 years.

Phone build qualities are absolute shit now and are not meant for the long haul. I use my phone a ton for work so battery life is important. After 2-3 years I begin to notice enough depreciation to make me wanna swap it out.

If not for that reason, if keep em longer.

id say usually about 3 years on average. just whenever the phone/phone screen breaks to be nearly unusable. i usually look for a cheap phone with the most recent or second most recent version of android (and a few performance specs that make me think the phone wont have a laggy UI or crash often). last phone i bought was about 100$. if i were to buy a new one, probably about 140$ now.

I consider two things: 1. they deliberately make them to not last. They stop producing parts for models after a few years so you are forced to get a new one. 2. Every company sources the metals for their batteries from unethical sources.

I tried to keep my old phone for as long as possible but only got up to 4 years with it. Replacing parts of really expensive from official stores so I went to some random guy in Southeast Asia who had the parts and fixed it for a fraction of the price. I would have kept it for longer but I accidentally got it wet with salt water and it stopped working altogether.

I hope to keep my new phone for at least 5 years. I wouldn't replace it at all if I could.
Parts from official stores cost more than traveling to Asia to get it repaired?

I try to go as long as possible between upgrades, but phones are such shit now. The batteries suck, the screens scratch/break so easily, the charging port stops working.

I had to upgrade last November as I need my phone for work. 3 years, and my phone was still in OK condition. Dropped it, and the screen got completely fubar. Hopefully this phone lasts at least as long.
I concur the craftmanship and quality on cell phones is awful since 2018 5 of my phones have just stopped working and 3 of them were expensive Samsungs

2-3 years typically, when the contract is up and I can upgrade for free or like $200 and under

Usually whenever I do something dumb. Lost my last one in a swamp in may. The one before that went through the laundry. One before that landed in the toilet. But they generally last quite a while. 4 to 5 years on average.

I normally buy a flagship phone a couple years later..
I'm on a Samsung s10 from 2019.
Can't find anything better to replace it yet . So I'm jist gonna run it until I can at a good price.

I normally buy a flagship phone a couple years later..
I'm on a Samsung s10 from 2019.
Can't find anything better to replace it yet . So I'm jist gonna run it until I can at a good price.
You have to "buy" phones? Doesn't your service provider upgrade you? But lol at Samsung.

You have to "buy" phones? Doesn't your service provider upgrade you? But lol at Samsung.

Course I buy a phone.
Gives me the pleasure of buying what I want, and not being stuck in an over priced contract for 2 years.

Course I buy a phone.
Gives me the pleasure of buying what I want, and not being stuck in an over priced contract for 2 years.
Over priced because you are still spongeing off tax payers?

Changing subject when Nokia changed their OS I moved to Motorola because they were better looking phones. When the iphone came out was it 2009? Game changer. Thank fuck.

Over priced because you are still spongeing off tax payers?

Ha .. you wish..
Loving life my dearest .
I suppose if you mean I live in a society that's paid for by tax payers then yes .
But then so do you.
I do my part.
Do you ? Other than eat.

Changing subject when Nokia changed their OS I moved to Motorola because they were better looking phones. When the iphone came out was it 2009? Game changer. Thank fuck.

I phones are fisher price toys .. for simpletons.

Ha .. you wish..
Loving life my dearest .
I suppose if you mean I live in a society that's paid for by tax payers then yes .
But then so do you.
I do my part.
Do you ? Other than eat.
I don't need to work, I might think about it next year. Still living the California dream till 8 days in Vegas for U2 on Saturday.

Back