How often do you replace your phone

Every couple years. But I only buy the previous years phone for like half the price. Fuck paying full price for a new phone.

I'm on a pixel 5 now, I might buy a 7 next year some time since the 8 just came out

I've had this Galaxy A53 for over a year...but the charging port has taken a shit and I have to do some serious phone gymnastics to get it to charge.. been doing this for over 3 months but I'm throwing in the towel

Going to upgrade to the A54

Phones screens break so easily nowadays seems I have to buy a phone every year because it will stop turning on or have a broken screen. I miss the gorilla glass phones of 2012 those things were indestructible.

Selling my IPhone to a coworker and just bought an older Google Pixel. Bored with Apple and their practices are kind of annoying. Tired of spending tons of money on phones so ended up buying a midrange device and giving android a spin. I tend to have a phone for 2 years or so.

Last time I replaced my phone was 2 years ago when I put a drill through the screen accidentally lol.

I consider two things: 1. they deliberately make them to not last. They stop producing parts for models after a few years so you are forced to get a new one. 2. Every company sources the metals for their batteries from unethical sources.

I tried to keep my old phone for as long as possible but only got up to 4 years with it. Replacing parts of really expensive from official stores so I went to some random guy in Southeast Asia who had the parts and fixed it for a fraction of the price. I would have kept it for longer but I accidentally got it wet with salt water and it stopped working altogether.

I hope to keep my new phone for at least 5 years. I wouldn't replace it at all if I could.

Phones screens break so easily nowadays seems I have to buy a phone every year because it will stop turning on or have a broken screen. I miss the gorilla glass phones of 2012 those things were indestructible.
I swear, every phone release, they tout harder material each time...... so if that stuff is still breaking, that means there's less material........

I've had this Galaxy A53 for over a year...but the charging port has taken a shit and I have to do some serious phone gymnastics to get it to charge.. been doing this for over 3 months but I'm throwing in the towel

Going to upgrade to the A54
samsung makes crappy android phones on top of terrible refrigerators

Selling my IPhone to a coworker and just bought an older Google Pixel. Bored with Apple and their practices are kind of annoying. Tired of spending tons of money on phones so ended up buying a midrange device and giving android a spin. I tend to have a phone for 2 years or so.
do you not have a group of blue icon peers? No macbook?

sure, give google a whirl and apple will be around when that experiment is over. Once you get going with the whole mac ecosystem and get accustomed to it's magic....... well.... it's magic.

there's a reason why the "cult" of apple exists, and it's not because of brainless idiots, it's because the package as a whole is so good. You can fill out a PDF form on your macbook and do a physical signature on your phone, near seemlessly. Optical recognition, object cutouts in photos, even video, the video quality of apple log with 4K 60 is outstanding, and it's considerably faster than anything out there. If you find apple annoying, well, google's spyware is guaranteed more annoying.

Every 2-3 years, I work in telecommunications as a technician so I get a free phone every two years but don't always instantly upgrade.

I replace them whenever they decide to die. They usually last around 3.5 years.

My Samsung S20+ is about to hit 3 years this month and still holding up pretty well.

When it dont work anymore.

Whats wrong with you people
The problem is that phones are being built less durable now so they will stop working in a year or 2 so we have to buy phones sooner than we used to have to.

I try to go as long as possible between upgrades, but phones are such shit now. The batteries suck, the screens scratch/break so easily, the charging port stops working.

I had to upgrade last November as I need my phone for work. 3 years, and my phone was still in OK condition. Dropped it, and the screen got completely fubar. Hopefully this phone lasts at least as long.

First iPhone is still running ok 7 yrs later. They still issue iOS update patches when there's some serious issue. The Otterbox silicone shell is falling apart. I don't install any apps on it. Maybe that has something to do with it lasting long. Some apps constantly do background shit that overheats your phone and battery. Sometimes I'm trying to play PS4 and modem wifi light keeps flickering and only thing on that would cause that is iPhone, so I turn wifi off on iPhone while playing.

Apple is the one who thwarts others like Facebook's privacy invasive tactics.

sometimes the hero for one thing is a villain for another

Gradually longer and longer. Phones are getting more durable and the difference in newer model is getting smaller that I find no reason to switch from my Samsung galaxy S20 FE even though it's over 3 years old. I keep up with what the latest offering is, but nothing has piqued my interest yet.

Back