How often do you replace your phone

Ima5starman

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Selling my IPhone to a coworker and just bought an older Google Pixel. Bored with Apple and their practices are kind of annoying. Tired of spending tons of money on phones so ended up buying a midrange device and giving android a spin. I tend to have a phone for 2 years or so.

I try to get as much mileage as possible, so about 6 years or whenever it breaks. I never buy the latest model either, always something from 1-2 years prior.

I don’t use my phone much tbh. Calling, texting, and the gps and that’s about it.

I think it’s an I phone 12 what are they up to like I phone 105 now?

When lost or broken.

Pretty sure I've only owned 4 smartphones. I haven't yet seen a need to keep up with the latest and greatest.

I just go to the store every few years and get a new Droid when I manage to completely bust the old one past any point of usability. Right now it's gotta sit at just the right angle to charge and will give you glass splinters if you pick it up wrong and the day to replace it is fast coming.

Bought my first in 2014 and replaced it last year so 8 years. The old one still worked fine but was no longer compatible with most websites since it had an old operating system that was no longer being updated.

When it's no longer supported. I had my last phone for around six years. Current phone is on its third year. I just buy the cheapest thing. Couldn't care less.

My main phone, every 1-2 years. I tend to buy used midrange or flagship phones, but I bought a new Google Pixel 7 last year because I got $420 on a trade. I have a couple Samsung A series that I purchased cheap as backup phones. My backups, I may keep a couple years.

About 3 years, when the battery starts to play up and the damage has built up....

Current phone is 3.5 years and had a cracked screen not major and the battery is pretty much knackered, to get the screen and battery replaced is more than the phone is worth, going to order a new one soon.

My first phone I had for 15 years. These days they only last a few years.

We're going backwards

I currently have a Galaxy S22 Ultra 512 GB model as my daily driver. Previous to that I had a Note 20 Ultra which fell down the basement stairs leading to catastrophic damage. Tried to get me another Note 20 Ultra since it is was the last phone Samsung produced with an SD card slot but it is next to impossible to buy brand new. I never wanted a smartphone but my current job I work at when I got hired in 2013 said that a smartphone was not mandatory to work but they advised I should get one. I had a Motorola Razr flip phone at the time and I ended up taking the plunge and getting the Galaxy S4 which was such a great phone. Only issue with it was the battery went bad but that was because I used the phone a lot. Got a replacement battery sent to me under my protection plan for free, removed the backplate, removed the bad battery and put the new one in.

Back