How much soda is too much soda?

TOO much is when your drinking more soda then you are water. Its good every now and then cause your body needs at least 40% caffeine a day but more water then soda to help replenish that 70% your body is always losing water the more you drink the better at least 8 glasses a day.

40% caffeine? 40% of what? And there are plenty of quality sources of caffeine such as coffee or tea.

But no one NEEDS caffeine. seriously, what are you talking about.

40% caffeine? 40% of what? And there are plenty of quality sources of caffeine such as coffee or tea.

But no one NEEDS caffeine. seriously, what are you talking about.

Agreed, though some will say differently. There are health benefits to regular, moderate caffeine intake. I prefer to avoid the whole mess though, as I don't want to get addicted to the stuff.

shirley temples are for romo.

Shirley temples are made with ginger ale and orange juice, not coke.

NOOB!

A Shirley Temple is a non-alcoholic mixed drink made with ginger ale, grenadine syrup, and orange juice and garnished with a maraschino cherry and a slice of lemon.

carbonated beverages destroy stomach enzymes.

i sure wouldn't drink any at mealtime, or anytime really.

Holy dead posters Batman.

Send a mufucka a PM sometime Chad.

Maybe better, but not good. Unless of course one of your goals is increasing your chances of diabetes.
I'm going to continue drinking orange juice every day for the rest of my life. I doubt I'll get diabetes.

I'm going to continue drinking orange juice every day for the rest of my life. I doubt I'll get diabetes.

I dont' recall saying "If you drink orange juice, you'll get diabetes." It increases your chances of diabetes. Also, why drink your calories, when you can just eat a damn orange and get all the health benefits of the fruit?

Agreed, though some will say differently. There are health benefits to regular, moderate caffeine intake. I prefer to avoid the whole mess though, as I don't want to get addicted to the stuff.

Sure, and there are health benefits to drinking red wine. But no one NEEDs to drink it.

Plus, I'm still wondering what the 40% is.

I dont' recall saying "If you drink orange juice, you'll get diabetes." It increases your chances of diabetes. Also, why drink your calories, when you can just eat a damn orange and get all the health benefits of the fruit?
because an orange is not a beverage.

because an orange is not a beverage.

:rolleyes:

So drink water and eat an orange.

Or don't, I don't really give a shit either way. I just put the info out there. I plan to eat my calories not drink them, and there's more nutrients in eating an orange than drinking the juice.

:rolleyes:

So drink water and eat an orange.

Or don't, I don't really give a shit either way. I just put the info out there. I plan to eat my calories not drink them, and there's more nutrients in eating an orange than drinking the juice.
Like I said, an orange is not a beverage. I don't drink orange juice because of its nutrients. If I did, I would just drink water and eat an orange instead.

why are people so scared of drinking calories?

Like I said, an orange is not a beverage. I don't drink orange juice because of its nutrients. If I did, I would just drink water and eat an orange instead.

why are people so scared of drinking calories?

I don't think he's saying you should be scared of drinking calories, it's just not optimal. Juice is a processed food. All the digestion work has pretty much already been done, and all that sugar gets absorbed straight into your system, causing your insulin to spike.

If your a healthy active person, probably not a big deal. But if your trying to loose weight, you could be slowing your progress

Simply put, drinking calories as opposed to eating them has alot of drawbacks, and no benefits. Like you said, you're drinking it for the flavor, and not the nutrition. Eating for maximum enjoyment, and eating for maximum performance are two different things

I don't think he's saying you should be scared of drinking calories, it's just not optimal. Juice is a processed food. All the digestion work has pretty much already been done, and all that sugar gets absorbed straight into your system, causing your insulin to spike.

If your a healthy active person, probably not a big deal. But if your trying to loose weight, you could be slowing your progress

Simply put, drinking calories as opposed to eating them has alot of drawbacks, and no benefits. Like you said, you're drinking it for the flavor, and not the nutrition. Eating for maximum enjoyment, and eating for maximum performance are two different things
I agree, if I was trying to lose weight I'd drink only water and a lot less milk, just because that can save a lot of calories. But I've been maintaining under 10%bf for a couple years now. I don't see anything wrong with drinking a cup or two of orange juice a day. It does have vitamins and potassium (the one I get has 30% calcium and 25% vit d added) so its not like it doesn't have any nutrients.

Back to the subject of soda:

While enjoying a cola or two every day might seem harmless enough, recent research suggests that those tasty drinks could be compromising your bone health.

"There is enough evidence that high consumption of soda and carbonated beverages is associated with somewhat lower bone mass in children, and that's a real concern and people should be aware of it," said Dr. Lawrence Raisz, director of the University of Connecticut Center for Osteoporosis.

The exact mechanism behind the problem isn't clear, but experts believe that drinking soda

if you are tired of drinking water try one of those packs that have the powder that you pour in the water for flavor.
0 cals 0 cars 0 sugar and they taste good.

Back