How much soda is too much soda?

I stopped drinking soda when I was about 13. I had a heart palpatation and the Dr told me to stay away from caffeine which I did. I did start to drink soda again but I couldnt hack the gas man, lol! I met my wife and she used to down soda like it was nothing. I was like Holy shit! So now she finally stopped drinking that shit and none of us drink it anymore. I'll drink soda once in a blue moon. All I drink now is Water, Milk, White Tea...and occasionally...powerade.

Coke with grenadine about once per month or so FTW!

That's got to be one of the worst lines of reasoning I've ever seen in this Forum. Congratulations.

The "Zero" lines of everything FTW.

Man, I sooo wanted to be the guy who ripped his "logic".

I admit I'm a soda fiend. Giving up cocacola has been the rtoughest obstacle to changing my diet. The food aspect is not a big issue, I can make healthy food I enjoy but DAMN I love my coke. I've cut down but it sucks, lol.

Are you guys saying that Coke Zero isn't too bad, healthwise?

I didn't realize so many people checked this forum. Thanks for the ribbing.

I would say Coke Zero isn't quite as bad, but it still isn't good. Look at the list of ingredients. I haven't looked lately but I bet there are quite a few most people would struggle to pronounce, much less identify. You really want to put a bunch of shit in your body that you don't have any idea what it is, be my guest. I won't be joining you though.

1 can is too much

learn to enjoy the taste of water, or milk with meals

some people don't like how water tastes. feels pretty refreshing to me.

The sugar is the worst part of soda. You're basically drinking sugar. If you can't see the benefits of limiting your sugar intake, take a trip around this forum-read some old threads, read the faqs.

If you still feel the way you do then don't bother coming in here and asking for advice. To use your analogy, its like a cigarette smoker asking how many cigarettes is too many.

For the win.

I quit drinking soda when I read some facts about it like it can the acid in it can eat through nails, take the corrosion off a car battery, and can eat through a steak in a few days. The acid in coke products is killer on your stomach.

I quit drinking soda when I read some facts about it like it can the acid in it can eat through nails, take the corrosion off a car battery, and can eat through a steak in a few days. The acid in coke products is killer on your stomach.

Stomach acid has a pH of 2. The most acidic soda product (Coca Cola Classic) is 2.5.

The hydrochloric acid in your stomach can do everything you mentioned but way faster than carbonic acid. Therefore drinking soda is not going to kill your stomach, it is going to make it more alkaline.

Stomach acid has a pH of 2. The most acidic soda product (Coca Cola Classic) is 2.5.

The hydrochloric acid in your stomach can do everything you mentioned but way faster than carbonic acid. Therefore drinking soda is not going to kill your stomach, it is going to make it more alkaline.
it can damage your teeth enamel though

Try a can of this instead
stfu2.jpg

gods gift to man

i drink a lot of water, plus hot teas and coffee...

my guilty pleasure is sugary energy drinks...i personally drink two a day and i really dont feel like it negatively effects my training. I always make weight no problem

if i was a a total health freak i would avoid sugary drinks like energy drinks and sodas

i train hard and allow a few indulgences

As many have said, try and scrap it all together. I would also suggest scrapping anything with high fructose corn syrup, namely gatorade etc....

There are goos substitutes out there w/out HFCS like Ultima.

Back