How much soda is too much soda?

Lol. I used to drink beer and still crave it. For some reason, quitting alcohol was easier than quitting the occasional diet soda. Go figure...

My comment on the occassional beer was most a tongue-in-cheek comment, especially for me as a good Guiness or Sam Adam is a weakness for me. I'v managed to go without either for about two months, but's its a close thing. :icon_chee

Truthfully, I should just steam my vegetables in beer and get my fix that way.

The only soda I ever keep around is when i'm planning on mixing it with RUM or JACK. Even then its Coke Zero. I really even do that rarely.

I say any soda is pretty much bad soda. Lukewarm water is what I crave now. Sounds incredibly boring, but once you really start its a bit addictive.

Having any soda is too much. You should cut out all soft drinks.

try and stay away from the stuff. it's loaded with sugar. i know it's sweet, but, it's not your friend. drink water instead.

I view switching to diet sodas much like switching from cigarettes to dip. Your giving reducing your chance of lung cancer so you can enjoy the wonderful benefits of the lip and throat variety...

I'm sure everyone here is right: diet soda is bad for you. I'm just wondering how. Is there anyone here who can say that ingredient X causes Y according to Z? I read a lot of questionable stuff on the internet, but nothing really conclusive... I'm not looking for an argument, just for someone who knows.

I'm sure everyone here is right: diet soda is bad for you. I'm just wondering how. Is there anyone here who can say that ingredient X causes Y according to Z? I read a lot of questionable stuff on the internet, but nothing really conclusive... I'm not looking for an argument, just for someone who knows.

Aspartane, one of the most widely used artificial sweeteners has an interesting history, the diabolically evil Donald Rumsfeld of Iraq war fame was a big player in winning it's regulatory approval believe it or not. That alone should scare you off.

I don't know how to post links here, but do a search on Donald Rumsfled and Aspartame, and you'll come up with some pretty scary stuff. Alot of alleged negative health consequences, along with conspiracy what not. I'm not going to vouch for the information, but it's some pretty scary stuff. Enough to keep me away.

I've also read alot of information, again no link, saying that your body has the same response to artificial sweeteners as it does to real sugar, an insulin spike. For that reason alone, anyone trying to lose weight could have their progress slowed by consuming artificial sweeteners.

I've always said one coke is too many. My dad used to drink 3 a day, for about 20 years, and then he got kidney stones and then now he's scared shitless of anything that even resembles coke. :lol: That being said, my roommate drinks like 4 or 5 cokes a day, and he's probably the most in shape guy I know, I don't even know how he doesn't get huge, cause he eats like hell too, but I guess his ****bolism is off the charts or something.

My mom only gave me water and milk growing up, so I actually find the taste of coke pretty gross, so I guess I lucked out in that sense.

Damn, I think this thread convinced me to dislike sodas, rather than just quit drinking them.

I never thought about it as the same as cigarettes, but I've seen firsthand through my dad the gradual wasting away that smoking can cause, even if you don't get something really nasty like cancer.

It makes me think sodas are the same. Even if you don't have anything catastrophic happen to you, they gradually wear away at your body and load it up with nasty chemicals.

yea, I would say 1 can is too much, that shit is horrible for you. All I drink is water, tea, and Trader Joes bottled teas

Back