How Much Does Your Gym Cost?

Art of Jiu-Jitsu

1. $200 a month for unlimited

2. Costa Mesa, CA

3. Beginning is Purple Belts, Fundamentals and above is taught by Mendes Bros.

4. Stricly BJJ/NoGi

5. Twice a day, M-F, and Once on Saturdays, but you can go even more if your body can handle it.

6. Awesome Place. All the staff is super friendly and the same goes for the students. Always clean and they have two locker rooms for M/F that include showers and towels.

no contract
$150 unlimited which allows me to train muay thai twice a week,and MMA twice a week,plus full use of the gym which has weights/battle ropes/heavy bag etc. they also have this sort of boxercise thing that is going on all the time,but i dont bother with those.
No gi classes available yet,but i never trained in it anyway.
Theres no open mat but if i really wanted coordinate with someone,i could get some rolling or boxing sparring in. I do wish there were more classes at differing hours,and more weekend things going on,but ive trained in other gyms its a pretty good deal all things told.no showers or lockers yet but im told they may add showers at some point,and its not really a big deal to me ( would be nice though )

Last edited:
1. FREEEEEEEEE

2. Moscow, ID

3. my BJJ instructor is a purple belt with 2-3 years of sambo training, my judo instructor is a 2nd degree black belt

4. We have gi and no-gi BJJ and judo.

5. Open mat Sunday, no-gi Monday, judo Tuesday and Thursday, and gi BJJ Wednesday, each class two hours plus one hour long kids' judo classes on Tues/Thurs.

6. My club is in a smallish college town (~15,000 university students + everyone else that lives in the town, so maybe 30,000 people total) and is the only place in town to train BJJ or judo.

It's totally free and anyone can join. We meet at the local junior high school in their mat room, which we pay nothing to use whatsoever. It's a pretty sweet setup, in my opinion. It's not uncommon for us to have 20ish people on the mats at once, which I think is a good size for the area and given our complete lack of advertising aside of word of mouth.

where is this place/whats it called?

i do hate the schools who charge more to advanced students, way to treat people who stuck with your gym,assholes

1st - $149

2nd - Bergen County, NJ

3rd - 3rd degree Black Belt directly from Renzo Gracie. High level Judo/Wrestling, MMA experience (9 fights, all wins, and along with John Danaher he is one of GSP's main grappling partners at TriStar during fight camps such as the current Hendricks camp)

4th - All BJJ (gi and nogi) though a bunch of us work on grappleboxing (nogi with 4 oz gloves and light strikes) after nogi classes.

5th - Unlimited training, 6 days/week

6. - If you refer someone, you get $50. If you sign up 3 people, you get $150 cash. If you sign up 5 people, you get a year of free training. I currently have a year of free training and have gotten $200 on top of that (#hustle). No mandatory Gis or nogi attire. Gym patches and rashguards and tees are available, but don't have to be worn.

Mma gym- 100/month.. black belt bjj instructor,pro boxer with 40 fights for boxing,and muay thai has 10 pro mma fights

Boxing gym- 30/month... head coach never fought but has taken a bunch of kids thru great AM careers,assistant coach is buck smith,ex pro boxer with 200+ fights and i thonk 120 ko's...really awesome place for what it costs

Both located in okc,oklahoma

1) Not 100% what it is exactly, as I'm grandfathered in at a slightly lower rate because I've been there so many years. It think it's crept up into the $175-$185 range in the time I've been there. That's just BJJ. Thai is a seperate thing that can be packaged with BJJ for something in the $200+ range [not really sure honestly]

2) NJ

3) 3rd degree BJJ under Renzo is head instructor

4) BJJ & Thai are seperate programs with seperate instructors and often have classes running at the same time, with MMA focused students generally alternating between the two.

5) If someone had a wide open schedule and utilized every available class, M-F they could train 2-3 times a day for 5 hours+, plus another 2-3 hours on weekends.

6) More known for it's MMA team, that includes some UFC guys. Pretty big gym space, compared to average bjj school.

where is this place/whats it called?

The club is called the Moscow Judo and Jiu-jitsu Club. We're located in Moscow, Idaho, and meet at Moscow Junior High School. If you're interested in stopping by, PM me for details about location, time, etc.

$220 a month i go to long island mma my coaches are ufc fighter ryan laflare, roc fighter chris wade, jiu jitsu black bet under joe darce gregg depasquale, and ufc fighter dennis bermudez

-Art of Jiujitsu, Southern California
-Gui and Rafa Mendes are head instructors and they teach all the adult classes. They are both 1st degree blackbelt. I'm sure you have heard of them.
-Classes 7 days a week: gi and nogi, just pure jits. Average class size is around 40-50 people per class
-$1800 cash up front for one year($150/month) unlimited training, 5 classes a day

Last edited:
1)$110

2)Indianapolis, IN

3)Purple Belt

4) MMA, Kickboxing, Boxing and BJJ. (BJJ 4 days a week, MMA 2x a week, boxing 2x a week kickboxing 2x a week)

5)Unlimited classes, I think its only $10 more to get access to everything

6) Fairly smallish gym, BJJ class is usually 5-15 people. MMA class is typically 12 or so from what I hear. I had my reservations about joining a smaller gym but I actually really like the personal attention. I also think that at the white belt level it's definitely not necessary to have a black belt instructor. That being said I do sometimes wish I had a wider variety of people to work with so I do attend open mats at different schools when possible.

I would also be curious to hear more about hidden fees at different gyms: school gis, mandatory patches etc.

including bullshit joining fees which I've noticed are nothing more than a cash grab for the instructor. some of the more prestigious/well timetabled/high rent area gyms in the UK don't charge them, yet a fair few smaller ones do :icon_evil

State: California

BJJ in an MMA gym: $100/month with a 2 year contract. Unlimited classes with BJJ (Gi & No Gi), MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai and Wrestling. They're open 6 days a week with classes and open mats each day. I also have access to their other location. The location I go to has two mat areas, a punching bag area, two elevated boxing rings and a cage. I haven't checked out the other one yet.

Judo: $75 per quarter (3 months). This dojo offers 3 classes a week. The MMA gym doesn't have a Judo dedicated class/instructor for adults, so I train in this dojo as well.

So training totals to $125 a month, access to two MMA gyms and a Judo dojo. :)

Last edited:
I just changed clubs to my uni wrestling one. $150 a year for three days a week under a Machado brown.

1) 139 a month
2) Massachusetts
3) Black Belt under Matt Serra
4) Bjj/Muay Thai/Conditioning
5) Unlimited Classes
6) I think for the area the price is right around everyone else around us. We have a pretty big mat space. The teacher is an active competitor so knows how to teach techniques that work in tournaments, trains Judo with Jimmy Pedro and is close to a black belt in Judo under him.

I want to take an in depth look at this.
Some things to post with your answer.

1st obvioulsly how much the gym you attend costs.
2nd where is the gym located ( California will probably be more expensive than Montanna)

3rd Level of your instructor- If your instructor is a Gracie it might be more than a blue belt instructor (common sense)

4th- Is your gym strictly BJJ? Some gyms do MMA on a couple days or kickboxing and BJJ every other day.

5th How many classes do you get? If you are taking 8 classes a month it probably will be a lot less than a person who has unlimited BJJ, Judo, MT, MMA, conditioning etc.

6. Please contribute any factors that you may feel are relevant to know. Maybe the cost is cheap because it just opened a month ago, or it is a very tiny wearhouse that the owner owns which makes it cheap, Or the contrary, it is 10,000 sq. ft, full of UFC fighters, and has 3 mma cages and 4 rings which is why it cost so much etc.

Thank you all for your input. :icon_lol:

1. $169 for full access
2. Indianapolis, IN
3. 2nd degree black belt
4. Morning Jiu Jitsu- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday
Morning Boxing - Tuesday, Thursday
Morning Kettle Bells- Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Evening Jiu Jitsu Monday, Tues, Wed, Thurs
Evening Boxing Monday, Tues, Wed, Thurs
Evening Wrestling- Friday

Open Mat Saturday (sometimes)
MMA : Few times a week, or more
5. As many classes as you want with full access
6. One of the premier gyms in the state. 2 UFC veterans have come from the gym (loose affiliations with Lytle and his people)

Back