How Much Does Your Gym Cost?

Hit-or-be-hit

Green Belt
Reaction score
I want to take an in depth look at this.
Some things to post with your answer.

1st obvioulsly how much the gym you attend costs.
2nd where is the gym located ( California will probably be more expensive than Montanna)

3rd Level of your instructor- If your instructor is a Gracie it might be more than a blue belt instructor (common sense)

4th- Is your gym strictly BJJ? Some gyms do MMA on a couple days or kickboxing and BJJ every other day.

5th How many classes do you get? If you are taking 8 classes a month it probably will be a lot less than a person who has unlimited BJJ, Judo, MT, MMA, conditioning etc.

6. Please contribute any factors that you may feel are relevant to know. Maybe the cost is cheap because it just opened a month ago, or it is a very tiny wearhouse that the owner owns which makes it cheap, Or the contrary, it is 10,000 sq. ft, full of UFC fighters, and has 3 mma cages and 4 rings which is why it cost so much etc.

Thank you all for your input. :icon_lol:

We charge NZD 15 per class.

We only offer 2 BJJ per classes.

We do not have compulsary contracts.

You can choose the automatic payment option of NZD 18.50 per week.
It gives access to 2 bjj classes and an additional 4 Judo classes.

Our space is a judo spring floor of 10 meter by 10 meters.

We have 2 BJJ BB instructors teaching all the BJJ classes.

Between the two MMA/grappling gyms I've checked out...

My response is bolded

MMA Gym: $80 month = three grappling classes and 5 Open Mats per week
Gracie Affiliate: $80 month, unlimited classes (20% discount if paid in 6 month terms)

2nd where is the gym located ( California will probably be more expensive than Montanna)

Wiscaaaannnsin.

3rd Level of your instructor- If your instructor is a Gracie it might be more than a blue belt instructor (common sense)

MMA Gym: Catch Wrestling, around late purple; but not actually belted
Gracie Affiliate: Classes aren't all taught by the same person, but anywhere from Purple to Black teach.

4th- Is your gym strictly BJJ? Some gyms do MMA on a couple days or kickboxing and BJJ every other day.

MMA Gym: MMA
Gracie Affiliate: Gi BJJ.

5th How many classes do you get? If you are taking 8 classes a month it probably will be a lot less than a person who has unlimited BJJ, Judo, MT, MMA, conditioning etc.

MMA Gym: I think it's around $200 for unlimited Sub Grappling(3), Judo(2), MT(3), MMA (3), and open mat (5).. but I've only checked out the Grappling pricing.
Gracie Affiliate: $80 for 10 classes + Open Mat.

6. Please contribute any factors that you may feel are relevant to know. Maybe the cost is cheap because it just opened a month ago, or it is a very tiny wearhouse that the owner owns which makes it cheap, Or the contrary, it is 10,000 sq. ft, full of UFC fighters, and has 3 mma cages and 4 rings which is why it cost so much etc.

The MMA Gym is in really good shape (Showers, Sauna, Beautiful Mat, Nice equipment).. the Gracie affiliate is a nice place to train but lacks the same aesthetics of MMA gym and doesn't have showers or a sauna.

99/month, phx az
Open 7 days/ week, classes in morning and evening during weekdays.
Offers bjj, judo & mma. (Xfit is in the building but for additional cost)
3 black belt teachers (2 relson 1 machado, and some really good browns and purples teach am classes)
Very big mat, biggest in az.

There's a couple other places in the same price range and with solid instruction that's much closer to me, but its home, worth the drive.

Middle America

2 black belt instructors (bjj & judo)
One instructor was a wrestling coch as well

$45 for 2- two hour classes per week plus an open mat day.

Edit: no contracts

We charge NZD 15 per class.

We only offer 2 BJJ per classes.

We do not have compulsary contracts.

You can choose the automatic payment option of NZD 18.50 per week.
It gives access to 2 bjj classes and an additional 4 Judo classes.

Our space is a judo spring floor of 10 meter by 10 meters.

We have 2 BJJ BB instructors teaching all the BJJ classes.

Oh whaaaat - you're a Kiwi?
Did you come over for the Panpacs?

1st I pay $1000AUD a year, upfront, i do get a lower than normal rate though as i joined when the gym first started and they offer discounts to higher ranked students

2nd Melbourne, Australia (second largest city in Aus)

3rd We have two blackbelts teaching classes, my main coach is a 1st degree blackbelt

4th we are a full MMA gym and have top level Boxing, Muay Thai & MMA Coaches + a very serious strength & conditioning set up (3x squat racks with a lot of oly bars, bumper plates, a ton kettlebells etc the works)

5th I have unlimited access to all classes and equipment for that price

6th as above

answered in quote

Last edited:

1. $120 a month

2. NY

3. Main instructor is purple, but there is a black who teaches also.

4. BJJ/MMA/boxing/MT/conditioning

5. unlimited classes

6. The $120 was discount offer when the gym first opened. Probably $150 or $160 now. This includes the opportunity to take train at two other gyms that are owned by the same guy. They are all within about 30-40 mile radius.

1st obvioulsly how much the gym you attend costs. - I pay $185 a month

2nd where is the gym located - Atlanta

3rd Level of your instructor- 7th Degree Red/Black Belt (Romero Jacare Cavalcanti) + Lucas Lepri

4th- Is your gym strictly BJJ? Some gyms do MMA on a couple days or kickboxing and BJJ every other day. - Mainly BJJ, they offer cardio kickboxing too.

5th How many classes do you get? Unlimited...with up to 5 classes a day if you are really hardcore.

6. It's expensive but I feel like I get my money's worth out of it with world class instruction and amazing training partners.

answered in quote

sounds like a sweet deal.

I tried to pay upfront but the coaches didn't want to know about it, not sure why.

I pay $160/month,
classes 6 days a week. 3 black belts and a brown alternate
Just BJJ
Sydney Australia

I pay 60 bucks a month.

Located in Kentucky

The head instructor is a Black Belt under Carlson Gracie Jr.

They have jiu jitsu, no-gi/submission wrestling, boxing, muay thai, and mma. I think thats all.

I get unlimited access but I get my membership at a discount. When I started there in 06 I think a full membership was 100 a month for unlimited and then like 70 if you wanted to do just jiu-jitsu or something like that.

$50 a month. Three days a week, 3+ hours each.

sounds like a sweet deal.

I tried to pay upfront but the coaches didn't want to know about it, not sure why.

I pay $160/month,
classes 6 days a week. 3 black belts and a brown alternate
Just BJJ
Sydney Australia

Which gym is it?

My gym is $140 a month with 1 BB instructor and several brown belts. Classes on 6 days as well.

$160/month?!!!!!!!

Wow, is there a free buffet and open bar at your Gym?

1. FREEEEEEEEE

2. Moscow, ID

3. my BJJ instructor is a purple belt with 2-3 years of sambo training, my judo instructor is a 2nd degree black belt

4. We have gi and no-gi BJJ and judo.

5. Open mat Sunday, no-gi Monday, judo Tuesday and Thursday, and gi BJJ Wednesday, each class two hours plus one hour long kids' judo classes on Tues/Thurs.

6. My club is in a smallish college town (~15,000 university students + everyone else that lives in the town, so maybe 30,000 people total) and is the only place in town to train BJJ or judo.

It's totally free and anyone can join. We meet at the local junior high school in their mat room, which we pay nothing to use whatsoever. It's a pretty sweet setup, in my opinion. It's not uncommon for us to have 20ish people on the mats at once, which I think is a good size for the area and given our complete lack of advertising aside of word of mouth.

140$/month for unlimited access (10x scheduled classes of grappling/striking/mma/wrestling a week, a bunch of yoga classes too in the mornings but I haven't been, as well as access to the gym equipment and crossfit classes if I want)
MMA Gym
Instructors are mostly pro fighters and a pure wrestling coach.
In Incheon, South Korea. Very new gym, very nice facilities. Price seems about standard for BJJ/MMA around these parts.

$75/ month unlimited 6 days a week afternoon and evening classes. They have mma mon-thurs
JD Penn, Charuto are my instructors and BJ and Regan stop in regularly and teach. This on the Big island in Hilo.

- around 25 USD (I'm in Hungary)
- 8 classes a week (6 gi, 1 nogi/mma, 1 thai boxing) plus sunday open mat
- no contracts
- teacher is a Rickson purple
- place is still a work in progress, we moved in about six months ago, we have about a hundred square meters of mat area but nothing else really so far, showers are coming soon though

Back