How much better will Aldo's striking be with no takedown threat?

Russ82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
He will be able to let his hands go without worrying about getting put on his back. I think he will be a lot more aggressive and throw more kicks.

I agree with you but I find it hard to get excited for this fight so far out. The whole media blitz burned me out.

I agree with you but I find it hard to get excited for this fight so far out. The whole media blitz burned me out.

This is a fight that should have you excited because of the guaranteed explosiveness it is going to bring... Fuck the media and politics of it all... Aldo is a killer, Mcgregor has proved he can hang... Both like to strike... Both are very good at striking... Its going to be a great fight... 1 round or all 5 its gonna be awesome... GUARANTEED

It's wrong to say Conor is not a takedown threat. He took Holloway down on 1 leg when he needed to.

I don't expect him to take Aldo down, because Aldo has the best TDD I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean Aldo can just put his TDD on the shelf.

Can't possibly give a shit about this fight this far out given the circus proceeding the first one that DIDN'T FUCKIN HAPPEN.

And no, I couldn't care less why. The point is, another crazy hyped UFC fight that doesn't happen.

I don't believe any match up is going down until Herb D. is standing in between them saying "let's have a clean match....".

Its just hard to care anymore. if the fight happens, cool, might be good. Will it live up to this insane hype job as the best thing to happen in all of man kind's existence? I'm assuming it won't.

Not as good as mcgregor's.

Not as good as mcgregor's.

Maybe, but Connor has to worry about the td. Imo Aldo switched to a pure counter puncher because hes always fighting guys trying to take him down.

Now hes probably not worried about that, and plans to incorporate his own tds.

I LOVE this fight, want em both 100%.

Two studs in their prime.

His style works extremely well against small wrestlers. But I think Conor's striking will surprise him because the way he stays on the outside and moves is very different. Conor will be the one worrying about takedowns.

Aldo is going to outstrike Conor in this fight, and people are gonna act like it's some kind of miracle/fluke.

I really wanna see this fight.
I just don't want to see any promo for it - let alone have it shoved down my throat for 3 month leading up to it- nor hear Connor running his mouth. Had quite enough of that shit

Will resemble his fight with cub

As desperately as I want to see Mcgregor layed flat like that I would rather see Aldo KO him in 1 or 2 rounds so everyone doesn't flip out saying it was a fluke.

Aldo is going to outstrike Conor in this fight, and people are gonna act like it's some kind of miracle/fluke.

no people only do that when conor wins. The conor haters come out of the woodwork like cockroaches.

Back