How much better will Aldo's striking be with no takedown threat?

McGregor KO round 1.

This wasn't the question though, why do all McGregor fans show their insecureness this way ? So repulsive.

Yeah screw discussing,lets just cut to the chase and predict the outcome of the fight,makes sense

This wasn't the question though, why do all McGregor fans show their insecureness this way ? So repulsive.

Yeah screw discussing,lets just cut to the chase and predict the outcome of the fight,makes sense

you just have to ignore them
there are always a few who will post the:
Conor bless
Goat
McGoat
Mgcregor rnd 2 TKO
Mcgregor rnd 1 KO
etc.

Just ignore them, they are making fools of themself.

And only 4 KO's in his last 10 fights... As the quality of his opponents went up, his finish rate went down. Conor just finished a guy that Aldo went 5 rounds with. McGregor has 17 finishes in 18 wins.

You get dumber with every post.

If either man can gain any advantage by working in the TD threat, they'd be smart to do it. This is MMA, not a boxing match. I won't fault either guy for mixing martial arts in a mixed martial arts contest.

How much better will Aldo's striking be? 34% better...give or take.

So since you're dumb enough to buy the hype you're not excited to see a top 3p4p fighter against another elite fighter?

I feel like you missed my point entirely. And why is it on this forum ever single direct reply has to include some kind of insult?? You had to open up with "gee aren't you a dumb motherfucker for x, y, and z"? Is that necessary man??

Are hype and excitement not the same thing?? When I'm "hyped up", I'm excited. What I'm trying to get across is that in recent memory, every fight I get amped up for, gets cancelled, rebooked, last minute injury, what have you. So, it makes it hard to look forward to fights. For me. Personally.

This was greatly exacerbated in the build up to Aldo/Mcgreggor. There was no way to avoid it. It's all we heard about for months and months. How could you not "buy into the hype". Which to me means, get excited.

Yes, I'd obviously enjoy seeing a fight between great P4P fighters. What I'm saying is that I'll now reserve most of that excitement for when the cage door shuts.

Did I convey my point a bit better that time?

obviously Aldo's standup will shine when he is not fighting an elite wrestler, or florian who just wanted to wall and stall the whole fight.

The most recent example is Mark Hominick, another is cub swanson.

aldo's lightning-fast strikes will really be on display in the fight vs mcgregor

The last time it happened he looked like shit and was losing the fight before the other injured.

I would love for this fight to be competitive for two rounds (good strikes from both), than in the third and fourth Aldo putting on a clinic and knocking Conor out.

The last time it happened he looked like shit and was losing the fight before the other injured.

Not only he was winning that fight,but he also injured himself way before his opponent. Lol.

No takedown threat but the biggest striking threat Aldo has ever seen. GOAT KO round 1.

No takedown threat but the biggest striking threat Aldo has ever seen. GOAT KO round 1.

totally unbiased opinion
11863291_1478600559119385_5984896357303037077_n.jpg
guy with conor av from ireland said conor gonna knock out aldo :eek:

totally unbiased opinion
11863291_1478600559119385_5984896357303037077_n.jpg
guy with conor av from ireland said conor gonna knock out aldo :eek:

I respect Aldo. I think he's the p4p most skilled fighter to ever live. But GOAT is going to KO him. Unify the FW division and bring the belt to Ireland.

I respect Aldo. I think he's the p4p most skilled fighter to ever live. But GOAT is going to KO him. Unify the FW division and bring the belt to Ireland.

no you dont say im shock by your answer not :icon_chee of course you think that

It's wrong to say Conor is not a takedown threat. He took Holloway down on 1 leg when he needed to.

I don't expect him to take Aldo down, because Aldo has the best TDD I've ever seen, but that doesn't mean Aldo can just put his TDD on the shelf.

I fully expected to see this post. Aldo worrying about Conor Mc's takedowns is like anyone worrying about Jake Shields' striking. Aldo is going to light up Conor Mc's legs and body with headkicks.

light up his legs and body with headkicks... that's odd ;)

I fully expected to see this post. Aldo worrying about Conor Mc's takedowns is like anyone worrying about Jake Shields' striking. Aldo is going to light up Conor Mc's legs and body with headkicks.

Hahahaha good one. A lot of people won't get the reference and will bash you though.

imo, aldo will be too proud to shoot for takedowns against mcgregor.
i think they'll stand and bang, and the fights ends quickly.

Back