How much better will Aldo's striking be with no takedown threat?

14 kos cant finish umm who have you finished your bag of cheetos

And only 4 KO's in his last 10 fights... As the quality of his opponents went up, his finish rate went down. Conor just finished a guy that Aldo went 5 rounds with. McGregor has 17 finishes in 18 wins.

So much stupid packed into this thread.

Whether you're disparaging the skills of MacGoobs or Aldo, you're just a tool, and a clueless one at that. I believe Aldo will be the superior striker in this matchup, but whatever happens, the fact is that two of the best strikers under the UFC banner will be going head to head (hopefully) in one of the most anticipated fights in the sport's history.

Can't possibly give a shit about this fight this far out given the circus proceeding the first one that DIDN'T FUCKIN HAPPEN.

And no, I couldn't care less why. The point is, another crazy hyped UFC fight that doesn't happen.

I don't believe any match up is going down until Herb D. is standing in between them saying "let's have a clean match....".

Its just hard to care anymore. if the fight happens, cool, might be good. Will it live up to this insane hype job as the best thing to happen in all of man kind's existence? I'm assuming it won't.

So since you're dumb enough to buy the hype you're not excited to see a top 3p4p fighter against another elite fighter?

And only 4 KO's in his last 10 fights... As the quality of his opponents went up, his finish rate went down. Conor just finished a guy that Aldo went 5 rounds with. McGregor has 17 finishes in 18 wins.

wait did you forgot aldo finish chad the first time faster than conor it was in the rematch tha went 5 rounds and jose has 16 finish 1 less than conor

- Aldo has finished Mendes before.
- Chad fought McGregor on short notice.

- Aldo has finished Mendes before.
- Chad fought McGregor on short notice.
it was in the first round and aldo took no damage mcgregor fans never mention its like aldo vs mendes two was the first fight lol in connor's first fight mendes has no time to prepare and took mcgregor down with ease cut him open smh and chad ran out of gas how would mendes mcgregor 2 look

His style works extremely well against small wrestlers. But I think Conor's striking will surprise him because the way he stays on the outside and moves is very different. Conor will be the one worrying about takedowns.

By the time the fight happens he'll be preparing for it for roughly an year, I don't see anything being surprising.

Aldo's been more hittable lately, he'll take some shots. But his chin is solid and his stand up will be much more loose, I expect some flying knees. It'll be a challenge to get into McGregor reach safely so he'll have to be criative in his striking again.

Thats kinda a not so good question to be kind everybodys striking would be way better with out the threat of a takedown. Thats the beauty of the sport wrestlers take strikers out of their game wityh the constant threat of a take down. Make them change stratagies and makes them realize theres alot more to fighting then just stand up.

He will be able to let his hands go without worrying about getting put on his back. I think he will be a lot more aggressive and throw more kicks.

Leading question. An opponent with better technical stand up skills might make Aldo wish for a takedown if only for respite. But that's only a hypothetical answer for your leading question.

So much stupid packed into this thread.

Whether you're disparaging the skills of MacGoobs or Aldo, you're just a tool, and a clueless one at that. I believe Aldo will be the superior striker in this matchup, but whatever happens, the fact is that two of the best strikers under the UFC banner will be going head to head (hopefully) in one of the most anticipated fights in the sport's history.

I approve of this post. Don't get caught up in the shit talking and appreciate. This fight is all kinds of interesting, and has only gotten more intriguing after the Mendes win.

The same as it looked against KZ and Hominick?

This is a fight that should have you excited because of the guaranteed explosiveness it is going to bring... Fuck the media and politics of it all... Aldo is a killer, Mcgregor has proved he can hang... Both like to strike... Both are very good at striking... Its going to be a great fight... 1 round or all 5 its gonna be awesome... GUARANTEED

Not guaranteed, Aldo has to actually show up...

This is a fight that should have you excited because of the guaranteed explosiveness it is going to bring... Fuck the media and politics of it all... Aldo is a killer, Mcgregor has proved he can hang... Both like to strike... Both are very good at striking... Its going to be a great fight... 1 round or all 5 its gonna be awesome... GUARANTEED
I know it will be exciting, i couldn't wait for the fight to happen the first time. My attitude now is to not look at the clock and maybe avoid some of the repetitive nonsensical threads.

So since you're dumb enough to buy the hype you're not excited to see a top 3p4p fighter against another elite fighter?

Your response is a little harsh. If the fight actually happens of course it will be exciting, but giving recent events its understandable if people aren't as enthusiastic months away from the fight.

but that doesn't mean Aldo can just put his TDD on the shelf.

with aldo being a world class black belt, yeah it does. he'd just sweep conor and either get back or mount and pound on him some, you know like he's done with far better grapplers than conor already multiple times in his career.

with aldo being a world class black belt, yeah it does. he'd just sweep conor and either get back or mount and pound on him some, you know like he's done with far better grapplers than conor already multiple times in his career.

This. His topcontrol and sweeps are damn good.

Back