How much better will Aldo's striking be with no takedown threat?

I think Mcgregor is the better striker. But there are equalizers in every fight and in this fight it will be speed. Aldo is so much faster than Mcgregor. It is easy for fan boys to say that Mcgregor is fast but he's actually not. Mendes hit him based on speed alone and Aldo is still much faster.

imo, aldo will be too proud to shoot for takedowns against mcgregor.
i think they'll stand and bang, and the fights ends quickly.

I see Aldo going for the TD if he gets light up a couple of times. And maybe mix with his striking to keep Conor guessing, if his smart.

But what I really expect are leg kicks. A lot of them. Conor's stance leave him vulnerable to it, even if being a southpaw diminishes that vulnerability. If Aldo mixes his leg kicks with his takedowns, it's gonna be beautiful.

I think Mcgregor is the better striker. But there are equalizers in every fight and in this fight it will be speed. Aldo is so much faster than Mcgregor. It is easy for fan boys to say that Mcgregor is fast but he's actually not. Mendes hit him based on speed alone and Aldo is still much faster.

Aldo is faster than Conor, but I don't think he's faster than Mendes. He works better angles than Mendes, so I think that will be an advantage, McGregor showed a lot of vunerability in the last fight.

Both are skilled strikers, McGregor being the hardest hitter and Aldo the fastest.

In almost every fight against strikers he has taken them down.. so I don't think this time he's gonna be too proud actually.

what Moezao said, he's gonna mix it up, maybe even submit him

Back