How many wins away is Tony Ferguson from being considered lightweight goat ?

Quality of wins>>>>>Having a belt.

Michael Bisping defended his belt against a 46 year old Dan Henderson, do you consider that a better win than Robert Whittaker's win over Jacare in a non title fight just because the Bisping/Hendo fight was for the belt?
99 out of 100 times the champion is fighting the top fighters in the division. Bisping is an exception, not the rule.
Tony has fought exactly 1 top 5 fighter in his entire career. GTFO with your quality of wins argument lol. His resume is just as padded as Bisping's.

if if if if if.... enough ifs. Tony aint goat. Should he become, you will know. Until then, wait. Bye

99 out of 100 times the champion is fighting the top fighters in the division. Bisping is an exception, not the rule.
Tony has fought exactly 1 top 5 fighter in his entire career. GTFO with your quality of wins argument lol. His resume is just as padded as Bisping's.
Ferguson's wins over RDA, Lee and Barboza are better than any three wins in Bispings career.

My point is, if he keeps fighting top 10 guys, and winning while not getting a title shot, how can you deny him being up there as one of the LW GOATS.

Not sure if serious. There is a pic in this thread where Tony is 200 lbs.

Please, show it to me!

Not sure if i totally believe it but according to Tony himself...

From what I've seen from his videos (camp and no camp) he doesn't look that big as many LW (Conor, Lee, Vick, Khabib)

He looked much smaller than Lee when they fought, for example.
I don't remember seeing a video/pic of him where you can say "Wow, he is huge"

If he beats pettis then Conor and Khabib it would be 13 fight winning streak with 4 former champions in your resume and i think thats enough for being considered the LW GOAT .
I say about 7-10 more wins. Stupid kids want to make every fighter the GOAT after they win a few fights.

it's not just about beating, it's about how he beats his opponents.

Still, 2008 Penn > Any LW.

An actual picture with him, I meant. Jacked Tony!

By chance if all 3 fights were to happen in a row (which I highly doubt it would) and he won. He would undoubtedly be the LW KING. He would have Pettis Rda Conor And Khabib who have all been in Goat talks at one time. And solid wins in Kevin lee which will look pretty damn good in a couple years time and barboza + a 13 fight win streak. To be honest he would probably have the most impressive resume of all time. Big fucking if tho.

He would also need a good win at 170. BJ and Conor fought at that weight despite being much smaller than Tony.

Well sort of anyway. I mean BJ did against actual Welterweights giving up a huge size advantage and actually winning the belt against one of the greatest the division had ever seen.

Conor just fought another lightweight at the same weight he always is on fight night without having to go through a massive weight cut. Kind of a different senario wouldn't you say?

Not that close, I think he needs to beat the winner of connor-khabib and then set a new record of title defences. Then i'm convinced he's the best LW ever. Not to mention he can't lose to Pettis in his next fight.
<seedat>

To be considered for the goat you must defeat the goat first.

artem-lobov-epic.jpg

If he beats Conor/Khabib he would be two fights at most from achieving GOATness. All he would need is a couple defenses and viola.

Win and defend the belt 5 times imo

Anything he does without the belt is inconsequential in terms of GOAT discussion.

Whole LW division is getting fucked out of title-contention because of the chicken and the dagestani, though.

He will not beat Khabib because Khabib is the LW GOAT and eventually the one and only GOAT when he retires undefeated. If he does beat Khabib, however, he deserves to have the LW GOAT title.

He has to beat Pettis

Then Khabib

Then Conor

Then GSP

Then Machida at open weight

Only then can he become GOAT
and lose all of those fights, in fact he has to lose as many fights as he has won and maybe then we can consider him the LW GOAT

He needs atleast 20 more wins to rival Penn

Back