How many wins away is Tony Ferguson from being considered lightweight goat ?

If he were to beat McGregor than Nurmagomedov, I wouldn't hesitate to put him as the LW goat. But, I don't think a Pettis win ranks very highly in 2018. I am interested to see how Ferguson looks after his layoff.

Needs to win the belt and defend it a few times.

He has to beat Pettis

Then Khabib

Then Conor

Then GSP

Then Machida at open weight

Only then can he become GOAT

45WW0wy.jpg

If he beat Pettis, Conor, then Khabib, he's definitely in the talks for LW GOAT.

If he beats pettis then Conor and Khabib it would be 13 fight winning streak with 4 former champions in your resume and i think thats enough for being considered the LW GOAT .

If he does that without question he is the LW GOAT. Who is his competition? BJ? Frankie? I like both of them and both were ahead of their time, but Tony is just much more versatile and has faced much stronger competition at LW to prove it. Including beating everyone else who could be in the debate as well.

If he can beat Pettis, the Khabib/Conor winner and then the Dustin/Nate winner he's up there for sure.

He already has three solid top 5 wins in Lee, RDA and Barboza.

If he beat all 3 convincingly then I think he'll definitely be in the running. If he continues to defend and dominates then I would say he surpasses BJ.

Not sure if i totally believe it but according to Tony himself...

Against RDA he weighed in at 154 wearing a pear of jeans, there is no way that guy cuts from 200 pounds.

I'm sure he could get up to 200 pounds out of camp, but so could anyone, it's just called being overweight.

How do you become the GOAT of a division when you've never been the champion of that division? Ben Askren is undefeated. Is he in the WW GOAT talks? Hell no lol
The fuck is wrong with you people?

Khabib, Conor and Tony, if one of them beat the other 2 then he is the LW GOAT, simple as that

Win and defend the belt 5 times imo

Anything he does without the belt is inconsequential in terms of GOAT discussion.

I concur. Silva, Johnson and Aldo-style title reigns cement a legacy.

Unless you're juicing.

Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've ever read. In order for him to be the GOAT LIGHTWEIGHT, you say he needs a win at WELTERWEIGHT?

Logic, use it.
We are not talking about official rankings or stats but the best fighter ever in the division. BJ Penn does not have the best record but he was undersized and fought all kinds of bigger opponents.

Never held a belt yet mentioned w/ GOAT...brought to you by the dumbassery of the sherdog heavies.

How do you become the GOAT of a division when you've never been the champion of that division? Ben Askren is undefeated. Is he in the WW GOAT talks? Hell no lol
The fuck is wrong with you people?
Quality of wins>>>>>Having a belt.

Michael Bisping defended his belt against a 46 year old Dan Henderson, do you consider that a better win than Robert Whittaker's win over Jacare in a non title fight just because the Bisping/Hendo fight was for the belt?

Never held a belt yet mentioned w/ GOAT...brought to you by the dumbassery of the sherdog heavies.
What if the UFC just never gives him a title shot but he keeps beating top 5 guys?

Stop looking at the belts, and look at quality of wins. Khabib beat Al Iaquinta for the belt, do you consider Iaquinta a better win than his win over Barboza just because it was for the belt?

Back