How many wins away is Tony Ferguson from being considered lightweight goat ?

Conor cuts a lot of weight.
Tony doesn't!
lol.

Tony himself said before the Khabib fight he went up to 200 pounds. We added muscle and strength in an effort to deal with Khabibs grappling. Then he started cutting from there. He admitted it's hard but he's familiar with it from his wrestling days when he would fight at WW. Shit he won TUF at WW and fought their in the UFC.

Conor cuts a lot to make 145. There's a difference.

If he beats Conor, Khabib and Pettis then he's in contention. the LW picture is murky as anything. To be a clear cut LW GOAT would take more though. 5 would put it beyond all doubt.

He would also need a good win at 170. BJ and Conor fought at that weight despite being much smaller than Tony.
i fail to see what a fight at 170 would have to do with his legacy at 155 tbh.

If Tony beats Pettis, Conor and Khabib he should be considerd the best lightweight of all time imo. No other lightweight would have a resume and winning streak against this level of competition like that.

Hard to establish a legacy at LW with the way the title situation's been the last couple of years. Even if he wins he could well be leapfrogged by Nate Diaz or GSP. He does have some good wins but needs a signature name on his resume and 1 or 2 top wins to cement LW GOAT status I think. Maybe avenge the Michael Johnson loss too.

This is what makes this era so cheesy. The days of a champ cleaning out a division are a relic of the past.

lol.

Tony himself said before the Khabib fight he went up to 200 pounds. We added muscle and strength in an effort to deal with Khabibs grappling. Then he started cutting from there. He admitted it's hard but he's familiar with it from his wrestling days when he would fight at WW. Shit he won TUF at WW and fought their in the UFC.

Conor cuts a lot to make 145. There's a difference.

Yeah, Tony said... I know...
Like I said to the others, I've seen his videos (camp, out of camp) and he doesn't look much bigger compared with his weight-ins, unlike Conor, Max, Lee, Vick, Khabib....

Lando will be LW GOAT if defeat Khabib, Conor, Tony(rematch), Poirier, Barboza, Pettis, Kevin Lee, Tony(rubber match)

There will be no Pettis. Khabib pulls out and Conor D’arced by Tony. Then Tony vs Khabib for the belt while Nate and Conor have their trilogy.

If he beat all 3 convincingly then I think he'll definitely be in the running. If he continues to defend and dominates then I would say he surpasses BJ.
Why does everyone put BJ on some pedastool when he won the belt off Joe freaking Stevenson and beat a bunch of TUF'ers?

BJ has already been surpassed. If Conor beats Khabib and Tony, then Conor would've already far surpassed BJ and become the LW GOAT himself

2X LW champ with a defense who has wins over Alvarez, Khabib, Tony, Nate, Poirier would shit all over BJ (as well as Edgar and Benson too)

Against RDA he weighed in at 154 wearing a pear of jeans, there is no way that guy cuts from 200 pounds.

I'm sure he could get up to 200 pounds out of camp, but so could anyone, it's just called being overweight.
You are in denial

Tony is one of the largest LWs in history.

When he was weighing 200lbs he was still in shape

What if the UFC just never gives him a title shot but he keeps beating top 5 guys?

Stop looking at the belts, and look at quality of wins. Khabib beat Al Iaquinta for the belt, do you consider Iaquinta a better win than his win over Barboza just because it was for the belt?
Exactly. Spot on

This is the same logic I use on Conor haters

Who gives a fuck if Conor never "defended"

A win over Alvarez means a whole lot more then any title defense on planet earth

Conor beating other champions >>>>>>beating contenders

Conor's resume of wins is already GOAT worthy. The quality of Conor's wins are insane.

And yes the scenario in the OP would be insane and goat worthy for Tony too

However I feel it's Conor who has the best chance of beating both Khabib and Tony

Last edited:
Please, show it to me!

From what I've seen from his videos (camp and no camp) he doesn't look that big as many LW (Conor, Lee, Vick, Khabib)

He looked much smaller than Lee when they fought, for example.
I don't remember seeing a video/pic of him where you can say "Wow, he is huge"
Putting Conor in the same sentence as Vick/Khabib/Lee, while trying to say Tony is a "small LW"

Goodness you are delusional lmao

The only small LW there is Conor

I'd need to see him beat a pulver or a stevenson before I'd consider it. 10 fight winstreak over number one contenders is nothing but a bunch of bull shit. Juat because he is the only fighter at lightweight to do this doesn't mean he should be considered superior in any way. Think while clasping balls tightly, not with logic.

Well sort of anyway. I mean BJ did against actual Welterweights giving up a huge size advantage and actually winning the belt against one of the greatest the division had ever seen.

Conor just fought another lightweight at the same weight he always is on fight night without having to go through a massive weight cut. Kind of a different senario wouldn't you say?
Im sorry but this post is full of hot garbage

Conor was a career FW before be fought Nate

The fact is Conor was moving up 2 weight classes from his last fight

Nate wasn't just "another LW"

Nate is a HUGE LW who had missed weight at LW and whom already had 5+ fights at WW prior to Conor

Nate was far more of the WW, then Conor ever was

Nate never in his life could make 145. Nate even missed weight at 155. While Conor never missed weight at 145.

To make it seem like Conor was simply fighting someone "his size" in Nate, is absolutely ludacris and delusional beyond belief

Then you want to act like BJ was some small LW when BJ had even more trouble cutting down to 145 then Conor ever did

BJ was close enough to being around the same size as Hughes, despite Hughes being one of the larger WWs at the time

BJ was never outsized at LW. In fact BJ had a huge size advantage over Edgar

BJ was never this small LW lmao.

The only times BJ ever even gave up size was against Fitch/Gsp/Nick/Rory/Machida...All fights BJ lost lmao...

Conor actually beat the better Diaz brother while giving up more size...

How many times did BJ simply beat elite fighters his size? Conor has many times

Heck BJ was outclassed by a significantly smaller fighter in Edgar...meanwhile Conor still starches smaller elite opponents like Mendes.

Conor beats everyone bigger and smaller simply because Conor is the most skilled and intelligent fighter in MMA.

While BJ lost to bigger men and smaller men

Yeah, Tony said... I know...
Like I said to the others, I've seen his videos (camp, out of camp) and he doesn't look much bigger compared with his weight-ins, unlike Conor, Max, Lee, Vick, Khabib....
Tony's words >>>>> your biased eye-test.

Beat it square.

If he beats pettis then Conor and Khabib it would be 13 fight winning streak with 4 former champions in your resume and i think thats enough for being considered the LW GOAT .
That's a lot of ifs.

If he beats pettis then Conor and Khabib it would be 13 fight winning streak with 4 former champions in your resume and i think thats enough for being considered the LW GOAT .
IF IF IF

Who gives a fuck.

Back