How many sherdog posters actually picked the first McGregor Diaz fight correctly?

Where the old threads at? I had Conor winning the first fight as i typically go with the hot hand but i nailed my prediction if Nate won.

I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?
Called it from the get go, real ninja shit.

It was tough to call because we had no idea what shape Nate was in. I said many times if Nate was in shape he'd grind down Conor in a 5 round fight, but it was hard to know if he had been training for months.

Edit: if Conor wins by anything but a lucky punch this time: I'll be shocked.

I guessed Nate.

Of course, I thought Aldo would try and take Conor down and grapple-fuck him their first fight. Obviously I called that one a wee bit wrong.

Gotta admit the truth

I said a full camp Nate would beat Conor no problem but was worried about Nate with no time to train, didn't know what to expect for the first fight honestly, but couldn't really see Conor Jose Aldo'n his ass either.

This time around I'll stick with the same assertion. Full camp Nayt beats that ass.

I was thinking 60/40 Diaz.

Better cardio,chin and ground game.

Conor always has that power.
No fuckin way lol

Nobody around here was giving Nate much of a chance in that fight, I am a huge fan of Nate and I was unsure of that one Conor had looked impressive.

Nate was one of the few that wasn't surprised, mother fucker

Mcgregor was a 5 to 1 favorite. Pretty much everyone was picking McGregor to win. I guarentee majority of the people in this thread who say they picked Diaz to win are lying.

I bet on nate via sub and miesha via decision @ like 75/1

Unfortunately called the method wrong in miesha vs Holm

I didn't see the fight. I had picked Nate by RNC midway through the second round

i thought connor would win based on how nate got TKOed by thompson and how connor koed aldo

but connor´s power outside 145 turned to be BS

Most reasonable fans know that almost no fight is a lock. Personally I thought Conor was taking Nate lightly, and that it was going to be a tough fight, despite him saying he would KO him in 1 round. I didn't know Diaz was going to win, but I knew he could. Especially if Conor was looking past him to fight with lawler or RDA, he could lose. He was, and he did.

I don't think I picked one way or the other but I would have chose Conor.

I thought Nate would win and hoped that Nate would win even though I'm not a Diaz Bros fan but do respect their skills. Nate is the slightly bigger fighter probably 10 lbs, more rugged overall. Nate is strong on the feet were Conor is strong and way better on the ground where Conor is weak. Wherever the fight went, Nate would be comfortable. Conor was used to a size and reach advantage at 145 that he would not enjoy against Nate. I also felt that Conor's cocky mind game tricks would not phase Nate being a true hard core 209 fighter. Nate would probably be ok without the camp because of his triathlon cross training that keeps his cardio at a high level although his timing might not be as sharp as usual.

Full camp Nate will absolutely blast McPanic. You can count on it happening.

Picked Diaz (and Holm).
I don't have to be too smart to be smarter than you...
#nophd

I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?
After watching the Nate Diaz-Michael Johnson. MJ missed just an insane amount of punches by being just slightly out of reach. The reach advantage is something Conor has almost always had. Even in the lead up to the RDA fight he was quoting his reach advantage against him. Conor has never fought someone this big and he's never fought outside of 145 in the UFC. I bet on Nate as well.

I would never bet on this fight now, though. Nate beat Conor with 8 days notice. How hard can a guy train when he's fighting a guy he beat WITHOUT training?? On the other side Conor is training for Ivan Drago. You can't bet on this.

I thought McGregor could deal with a guy called up on 10 guys notice. I figured Diaz could submit him on the ground if it goes there, but I thought it would stay on the feet. Happy to be wrong about my pick though :D

I think it's a 50/50 tossup now.

I picked Diaz to win and I was as sure he was going to win as I was Overeem was going to beat Lesnar. I've been watching these fights since renting the first UFCs from the local video store as a kid almost 20 years ago. I thought it was obvious with the going up in weight that Diaz would have a very high chance of winning the fight via submission. I watched how Mendez and Mcrgregor went down and thought Diaz would be much stronger on the ground. Watching Diaz Mcgegor it was so obvious. Anyways though, I'm rooting for McGregor in the rematch. Still would give edge to Diaz but I want to see if Mcgregor can be smart enough. I want to see those sick ass Mcgregor kicks wear Diaz down or some cool shit like that. Conor is cool for going up 2 weight classes.

I'm more excited when I see fights actually happen these days. I am hoping no one gets injured or USADA'd. '

Also I've lost sleep over the fact I never made that Meisha to win by Sub Nate to win by Sub 60 to 1 odds bet because that's EXACTLY what I predicted. Man o man i was mad, the one time even my girlfriend was agreeing that I should make a bet.

I was leaning towards McGregor until the fight started, my Diaz fanboyism kicked in and I put 20 on Diaz against a friend of mine

Back