How many sherdog posters actually picked the first McGregor Diaz fight correctly?

I bet Diaz. I felt he was the bigger guy with the right tools to beat him. I not going lie and say that I did not think Conor had a chance. I feel the same way about the rematch.

I admit, i had a fuckin Conor/Holm parlay going. Lost my fckin shirt that night.

I had Conor just cause Nate was on what 8 days notice , that & I really didn't think Conor was just going to try to KO him with 1 punch & nothing else.

Its spelled NATE. Youre makung yourself liok like a moron

Funny how everyone is acting like they picked diaz. But if u read the forums before the first fight it was conor conor conor. And how he picked the easiest opponent for his style in diaz.

I totally picked it right. I thought either guy cold win. True story.

I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?
Two things swayed my opinion going into their previous fight; Nate's outstanding return-performance against a very game Johnson, and Nate having to deal with short notice.

I decided actual preparation would play a greater role in that fight and favored McGregor, but as it would turn out, better shot choices, resilience and experience trumped head-hunting. Now with focused prep on both sides, I think it's McGregor who has more of an uphill fight, so I'm favoring Diaz.

Do I think it's an easy fight for Nate? Nope, and I don't think Diaz thinks that, either. While McGregor fans have convinced themselves otherwise, hopefully McGregor understands that this fight is more than a mere "adjustment" on his part, and that he'll be facing a very legit threat in Diaz. Diaz has lost to some very good fighters in a deep division, sure, but he earned his previous win, it wasn't luck.

I picked Diaz, even got the outcome right just the wrong round. Said he would submit him round 3.
This must have been the first time I got the outcome right when I backed the "underdog". That should show you how easy that first fight was to pick. Because I dont know anything.

I think there was a topic about picking the outcome. Should bring that one back to verify everyone's claims in here.

I agree, I thought that Nate was picked for his lack of takedowns, and some lackluster performances previously.
I thought Conor would win, but, like many, the prefight stuff had me wondering. Diaz was so confident, like he was amused by little Conor. Meanwhile, Conor was flustered and barking in a higher pitch than usual - it denoted fear, and definitely reminded me of Holm-Rousey.
For the record I picked Holm, although warily. But you are right, I thought Nate was picked for the way he matched up.
After watching the fight, I cant see how Conor can land more or do better than he did. Maybe something will hit perfectly on the button, or he will win via a bad cut, but, man, even that Josh Thompson head kick didnt have Nate all the way out.

I was up in the air on this too but felt the same way you did as it looked like Nate getting into his head. Then Conor flinched when Nate faked at him during the staredown and I could tell he had Conor worried.

I didn't have a forum account then, I was going back and forth on Diaz/sub and Conor/tko, ended up saying Conor because I was mooved by the mystique

*Raises hand*

Picked (parlay) Nate/Tate and won a good lil chunk of money.

It's not that Conor is shit, I like Conor; it's about odds, money and realizing the talent that Nate is.

Nate isn't a pushover fight for anyone, and he has far more tools in the shed than Conor as well.

Conor had hype, and the odds were silly, so I jumped on that.

Do I think Conor CAN win the rematch? Sure...but I'm not betting on him this time round either.

Either way it goes, it will be a great fight.

I wasn't surprised mother fuckers

246931-8481936.png

Tate and nate submission parlay bitches!!!!!!!!

+5400 was awesome.

I did but I only have a master's.
Post history will help you though.

I called Diaz win 3 days before on here but I didnt know what method

diaz submits connie.png
Clever sentence here.

Back