How many sherdog posters actually picked the first McGregor Diaz fight correctly?

Dublin

Dont fear me
@Blue
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?

I picked Diaz based on the way he wasn't phased by the mind games and the way he looked in the Johnson fight before hand.

i did, but i never claimed to have a PhD in mma

also, i didn't read your OP. has a shitpost smell.

actually i picked Diaz over McGregor but i didnt think it would end that way. thought diaz would look to shoot immediately

Stop with this "Nayt" shit, you're embarrassing yourself.

I picked Mcgregor.

When it was first announced I was like what the hell but the closer it got to fight day the more i was convinced it would be a dog fight, still had Mcgregor via finish.

Was pleasantly surprised. It was interesting to see there 2 different styles and strategies clash. It was awesome.

I expect Nate to win the rematch but Conor is real big on setting and achieving goals and how important overcoming adversity is.

Im fucking pumped. UFC has my dollars on lock for 202.

I was thinking 60/40 Diaz.

Better cardio,chin and ground game.

Conor always has that power.

Only thing that made me hesitant about Diaz the first time was the 10 days notice.

Diaz has made a career out of over whelming strikers with big power (Guillard, Gomi, Maynard, Cerrone etc.)

Grow up? lol
Any long time mma fan knew that Conor was in way over his head with the Nate fight -- especially when it was announced to be at 170 lb. It's casuals like you who bought into his bullshit that actually thought he was invincible enough to actually win with all the disadvantages of going up in weight against a bigger, resilient, far more experienced fighter.

I picked Diaz by submission but didn't pick a specific round which gives me a Master's Degree in MMA and future potential for a PHD.

I had Diaz by sub in the 4th. And I'm keeping the same prediction for this fight.

Grow up? lol
Any long time mma fan knew that Conor was in way over his head with the Nate fight -- especially when it was announced to be at 170 lb. It's casuals like you who bought into his bullshit that actually thought he was invincible enough to actually win with all the disadvantages of going up in weight against a bigger, resilient, far more experienced fighter.
I'm not a casual fan

Only thing that made me hesitant about Diaz the first time was the 10 days notice.

Diaz has made a career out of over whelming strikers with big power (Guillard, Gomi, Maynard, Cerrone etc.)

I said the same thing in the build up to the first fight. If Diaz had a full camp, he would absolutely win, but I thought it was a much tougher fight. I picked Diaz to win, because I'm a fan, but I thought it was at best a 50/50.

Me & the homie @Jackonfire
cool-handshake-bro-o.gif

I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?

Not me, I was swearing up and down that this was a gimme fight to pad Conor's Resume.

I was rooting for Nate, and I knew he had dangerous offense - but I was blown away by the outcome of that fight. I thought Conor winning was the most realistic outcome.

I am going into the second fight exactly the same.

Certainly not as many as the amount of people that will claim it in this thread.

Back