How many sherdog posters actually picked the first McGregor Diaz fight correctly?

Same here. I felt that on a full camp, Nate would cause major problems for Conor but if a finish came for Nate, it would come in the 3rd or later, which I didn't believe he could do on 10 days notice. Yeah, I was surprised.
So who looks worse? Us for thinking Conor could beat Nate on 10 days notice or Conor for not being able to beat a guy who had 10 days notice?

vdXkqVa.jpg

Not a gambler so could you explain how a $7 and $8.50 bet adds up to $50 value and $59.50 price?

I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?

My only criticism of the first fight was that Nate had no camp. Otherwise I would have been much more excited for the fight.

Not a gambler so could you explain how a $7 and $8.50 bet adds up to $50 value and $59.50 price?

That was a parlay bet. In a parlay bet both fights have to win for you to get paid. That guy bet on Nate and on Miesha who were underdogs. That gives you a lot of value.

I'm pretty sure most of the guys with PHDs in MMA who now think Conor has no chance were criticising Conor for picking an easy opponent when he picked Nayt. He barely lost the first fight, cardio was what beat him in the end. But suddenly all the haters think he has no chance now. One word for you: grow up. Conor was favourite for this fight for a reason. He's still that same fighter and Nayt is still that same gatekeeper that has never been good enough to be champ. Conor will come in with a different strategy straight from the General John Kavanagh and it will be a different fight with probably a different ending.

So how many of you actually thought Diaz would win? How many of you have now done a complete turn and now think Diaz has an easy fight?

you don't barely lose a fight when you get rocked and submitted in the second round.

First fight I thought Conor would win a decision. I didn't know he had fruit loops for fight IQ. Why he thought he would finish Nate is beyond me. Truly expected him to come out and kick legs and "muuuuuuve" for five rounds.

If getting almost TKOd shooting for a desperation/panic wrestling take-down, only to get finished seconds later, all in under two rounds is considered "barely losing".. then I don't know what to tell you TS

Just what I thought, typical keyboard warrior that couldnt kick snow off of a rope, jog on son.
Lol. Don't take your blue belt too seriously! It's just a representation of your posts here.

I did and it won me moneys. Mo mo mo money mo mo moneys

*Edit, and I picked Tate so it was a good night.

Last edited:
I did... see signature line.

you have a funny understanding of what "exactly" means. From that post you linked it should have been a 3 round decision with a couple birds tossed up by Nate. You never said second round sub by Nate, did you? I peeked around a bit.

I picked Diaz by early sub...

I did. I also predicted he'd panic wrestle and eventually get choked out.

I'm not picking Nate this time around tho.

Only thing that made me hesitant about Diaz the first time was the 10 days notice.

Diaz has made a career out of over whelming strikers with big power (Guillard, Gomi, Maynard, Cerrone etc.)

Same I called it on Tapology then changed it at the last minute because of the short camp

I had Diaz by sub in the 4th. And I'm keeping the same prediction for this fight.

Leading up to the fight I was saying Diaz by sub in the third. Stuck with that prediction, never claimed to have a clue as to what it was gonna go down like though. That was an awesome tilt.

So tell me, how much did you win on the fight? Surely you and all the other long time MMA fans must have put a lot of money on Diaz since it was a sure thing!
I won $285 on a $60 bet. As much as I wanted to bet more, I'm not really rich. And I don't like putting all my eggs in one basket.
fz2em0.jpg

so Diaz winning the rematch is the biggest lock in mma>? post your bet slip son, your full of shit
Here you go "son". Thanks for judging me.
fz2em0.jpg

For the record I never claimed it was the biggest lock in mma. I hardly bet on fights, but I felt confident about this one.

prove it bud. you know how it works.
I didn't place any vegas bets... But I won a 6 pack of micro brew from a buddy at work... And I cant find a single post I made on here about it, unfortunately. Guess you'll have to take my word or don't, I really don't care either way. BUT the second fight goes the same.

prove it bud. you know how it works.
I didn't place any vegas bets... But I won a 6 pack of micro brew from a buddy at work... And I cant find a single post I made on here about it, unfortunately. Guess you'll have to take my word or don't, I really don't care either way. BUT the second fight goes the same.

Back