How many ppl are rooting for a Conor “comeback”?

Finland. All UFC cards, including US PPVs are part of my regular streaming sports package - but they apparently have the right to also do PPVs (dunno if it's all on them after paying UFC a flat rate fee for the contract or if UFC gets a cut from those) and so far that has only ever happened with Conor headlined cards. Which the toolbags dare to even call "gala nights" in their ads :D

Conor tax!
<36>
Well it sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal none the less.

Mods here probably like the idea of a Conor tax, them having to work twice as hard when he fights lol.

Well it sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal none the less.
Yeah, I am not complaining in general.

It's more just that if there are already fights on a card I am interested in and then they announce a McGregor/Poirer 7 or McGrergor/Diaz 5 to be the main event and I am "FUCK!"

So far I have never pirated a McG card, have nicely waited to see the good matches when they come to fight pass. If 300 ends up being a conor-taxed card, I might actually have to reconsider my principles.

Yeah, I am not complaining in general.

It's more just that if there are already fights on a card I am interested in and then they announce a McGregor/Poirer 7 or McGrergor/Diaz 5 to be the main event and I am "FUCK!"

So far I have never pirated a McG card, have nicely waited to see the good matches when they come to fight pass. If 300 ends up being a conor-taxed card, I might actually have to reconsider my principles.

Might be worth the buck to see him get whipped :)

Yeah I don’t pirate cards because I am too security conscious - of data etc. I wish I wasn’t tho lol

He brings excitement.

His fights are exciting, so, yeah, why not.

POS human but there we go.

He's too rich and his body has years of alcohol and drug abuses to even think about top competition

Plus, in his last fight he broke his leg

I would watch but he better stay retired

I enjoyed how he fought when he was a featherweight, also had a strong drive to be champ and was entertaining without being annoying. I miss that fighter as a viewer of the sport and he brought more eyes to the sport.
I doubt that fighter can ever come back but it'd be cool if he dropped the first half of Rocky 3 act and proceeded to the second act.

People saying they are indifferent or actively don't want to see it are the biggest edgelords.

I don't like the way Conor's career/behavior has unfolded, and he shouldn't be near any rankings. But as a fan, pretending a Conor comeback is actively worse than no Conor comeback is wild.

Typical forum neckbeards being edgy
I don’t get it how is it edgy?

You gotta remember when Conor won his belt the first time it was almost 10 years ago. Maybe it’s just time to move on

Who doesn't want to see Conor come back? It's always a spectacle watching Conor get his ass whooped. I welcome the opportunity.

I think his comeback he would impress a lot of doubters. But it doesn't matter to me, if he wants to retire than let him be. I couldn't care less if he fights ever again.

I hope he comes back, gets annihilated several times by unranked fighters and then disappears.

Just watched a short Conor documentary on YT. Kind of got me nostalgic about Conor’s prime. Made me wonder if anyone’s rooting for him to come back and get a few wins. I know he’s very divisive but he’s definitely exciting.
Edit: comeback is in quotes because I didn’t necessarily mean a comeback to his prime. But just a win or 2.
Me. I get it some people want to be mma snobs and that's cool. I for one will order a event that includes a Connor fight

I don’t get it how is it edgy?

You gotta remember when Conor won his belt the first time it was almost 10 years ago. Maybe it’s just time to move on
It's edgy because despite his downfall and his irrelevance rankingwise, all of his fights are pretty good.

So since he has good fights, people actively rooting for him not to comeback are just acting out of emotions towards him for non-sport reasons. It's not like he's a lay n pray stinker.

I understand people rooting against him being near belts and I feel the same way. But pretending Conor coming back is actively worse than no comeback is a delusional and emotionnaly driven take.

It's edgy because despite his downfall and his irrelevance rankingwise, all of his fights are pretty good.

So since he has good fights, people actively rooting for him not to comeback are just acting out of emotions towards him for non-sport reasons. It's not like he's a lay n pray stinker.

I understand people rooting against him being near belts and I feel the same way. But pretending Conor coming back is actively worse than no comeback is a delusional and emotionnaly driven take.
I'd agree entirely. I want to see him fight again, No doubt. But at the same time, He's getting older, His hunger is gone (I wont be convinced otherwise). He needs to be serious if he wants to win any fights available to him.

but If he's going to show up as a part timer with half assed training, running silly gimmicks just to sell fights, He can stay Retired.

I would only really be excited for a couple of matchups....trilogy with Diaz, I'd take the Chandler fight...not much else real interesting..however....

Seeing as how BKFC and UFC had a meeting recently, I would be beyond floored and shocked if Conor vs Mike Perry were to headline UFC300. It would be the biggest fight they could put on that card. I can't believe I said that, but it is just a fact. There wouldn't be more hype around any other main event that they could put together. That would be an actual good fight, with organic buildup and no manufactured drama needed.

GFI1AI3bEAAMTKj

345903526_1275942456678756_557047494847987586_n.jpg

721bf7a6c9ac845092cc80135b603a6d.jpg

It's not at all edgy to not want a guy who is an enormous piece of shit to represent the sport you like. Was it edgy that I couldn't stand Chad Johnson or Tim Tebow because they were bad for the sport?

I'd suggest that only edgy tweens and adult douchebags actually want him representing the sport, but, you know, that's just like, uh, my opinion.

It's not at all edgy to not want a guy who is an enormous piece of shit to represent the sport you like. Was it edgy that I couldn't stand Chad Johnson or Tim Tebow because they were bad for the sport?

I'd suggest that only edgy tweens and adult douchebags actually want him representing the sport, but, you know, that's just like, uh, my opinion.
Yeah you could go for a moral argument all you want but only a small minority base their sport viewing decisions on morals. Most of us just want to be entertained.

Jones is 10x more of a piece of shit and people are not rooting for him to stay retired as much as they do with Conor, so the Mother Theresa argument doesn't work.

Back